Hardwood Games Public beta for Windows - Updated 1/21/2011

Sagwa
Active Poster

Re: Hardwood Games Public beta for Windows

Post by Sagwa » Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:13 am

This is too funny. I spent 3 or 4 hours just checking everything out in Smoots.
Not sure I'm done yet. lololol
But uhm, I can't figure out how to leave the penthouse? lololol
I ran the cursor over thingies, but nothing to take me to 3 way cut.

Did you hide an invisible door that you might give me a hint where it is?
lolololololol

Jonas
Illuminated One
Illuminated One

Post by Jonas » Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:41 am

you mean to leave a room? There is a back button on the toolbar. Just kinda a back arrow.

Sagwa
Active Poster

Post by Sagwa » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:01 am

Yes to leave. I saw the toolbar, but when I use the back button it takes me to the menu?

I can play 3 way cut on beta or is this just partners?

Sagwa
Active Poster

Post by Sagwa » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:06 pm

I'm really not blond, honest lololol

I figured it out.

Ty for all the help.

Jonas
Illuminated One
Illuminated One

Post by Jonas » Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:18 pm

Sagwa wrote:I'm really not blond, honest lololol

I figured it out.

Ty for all the help.
Well maybe you can explain what happens, or that you missed. We might need to make something more obvious.

Sagwa
Active Poster

Post by Sagwa » Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:04 am

I spent 3 to 4 hours, playing with the color wheel, the built in chat comments and scrolling the neon colored nics. lol
I saw the music note up there, and menu; but I thought the menu just took you out of the game completely.
But after leaving the bottom of upgrade lol I wandered above to find the lobby menu and the store.

We love playing singles, it's one way our children can play. Without supervision. Like in 4 way cut the 2nd room.
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, now they get to play online singles. With this new upgrade.
All I heard was come look at this for 2 hrs last night. Of course , after their homework was done. :D

Lore

Re: Hardwood Games Public beta for Windows - Updated 12/17/2

Post by Lore » Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:37 pm

Jonas hey.
I downloaded the new program, love the new graphics. Think you guys have done a wonderful job upgrading things. Decided to sign up for the new program, thought the 3 month package worked well for me, so I could try it out, see if I like it, and if for some reason I wasnt happy with it, I'm only out I figure about 50 bux, cuz I will of course hafta have my avatar and my fooms. And I dont mind paying for the use of these things. I had my creditcard info all typed in all the required information and was getting ready to send , when something caught my eye. It was the notice that said at the end of every 3 months the 3 month fee would automatically be deducted from my card.I dont like giving people access to my banking funds. If, for some reason I should decide not to renew, I'm locked in and I dont like that. i dont allow anyone that. So Im sorry. I will have to pass on the new venture, and I really did wanna support ya, but not with that stipulation. Sorry :(
Lore

Jonas
Illuminated One
Illuminated One

Post by Jonas » Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:47 pm

Lore, you can stop the auto renewing aspect (its just for convenience ) by going into Google checkout afterwards and canceling the subscription. That doesn't kill the membership, just the auto renewing aspect.

You'll just need to go though the process again in 3 months.

Also, don't forget, if you have a key from any of the multiplayer games, there is a special offer on the membership picking screen for a free 1 year Plus+ account.

Chevy43
Noob

Post by Chevy43 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:17 pm

I am dumbfounded at how many dont either read or understand that the first year is free for trying. That it includes enough coins to get all you need to be all decked out , including enviroment. INCLUDES CHAT. I just read Lore's chat and I was like ... what ???? She definately didnt read and comprehende. She was off the money aspect part as well. I just wish everyone who flaps their negative lips ( fingers ) in the lobby would PLEASE read all the information ...WELL... and try the new version FREE .. for a few games or for a few months. This " i am not going to buy one thing , I am not going to change , I am not going to stay here " negativism is such a turn off to even go in there now. Most of the complainers or anti-new version are NOT wanting to understand or just not able .. I am totally confused now as the information has been here in the forum and even in the lobby chat for weeks now. SIGH.................

Chevy43
Noob

Post by Chevy43 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:20 pm

Yanno.. if you are going to at least make a comment about something you don't like .. make it educated... that requires knowing a little something about it... DUH. :oops: :? :shock:

Lore

Post by Lore » Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:37 pm

Thankyou for the reply Jonas. I looked and looked for the cancellation of that and couldnt find it. That clears a lot of things up for me. As for Chevy blasting me about being uneducated...let me now clear up a few points. I did not anywhere bash the new program. in fact i believe I said it was outstanding, which i believe it is. And I know this is true because I have been playing on the free version which is how I know it's superior and how I know I prefer it over the old version. And yes. I realize that Im allowed to play for free for a year. i got my 1600 coins and everything, but I am one of those who are of the opinion that I have played for such a long time on 30 dollars that I was ready to support you a bit more by subscribing and paying. (Hope that's okay with you Chevy.) And if being cautious about the way I do my own personal banking makes me "uneducated" so be it. I would much rather be cautious than flat out stupid when it comes to my personal finances. Again chevy I hope that's okay by you. And as for sounding uneducated, perhaps you should do a doubletake and analyze some of your own downfalls...for instance the usage of the word "duh" to make a point? very unflattering and childish and well, to be blunt, "uneducated." Just sayin :) And thanks again Jonas. that's all i really wanted to hear, was that I could be in control of my own payment. I understand the convenience aspect. I'm just very very picky about online purchases. Ask pogo ;) Happy holidays all. You too Chevy :lol:

la24philly
Active Poster

Post by la24philly » Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:58 pm

The new euchre build 40 is much better.
your main man louie lou rocking the 3rd shift for all you full time vampires

HW Angel
Active Poster

Post by HW Angel » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:21 pm

Hi Jonas. I didn't read the entire thread and maybe my answer is already here. Tonight I downloaded the beta of spades. I made a table and one issue that might hold you up is with the free membership all I can make is a social table. Most won't play social and it took quite a while for me to get players, but I did eventually get players.

I hit start and when it came time for me to play a card, I clicked and then right clicked. I tried enter, everything. Nothing would make a card play. Of course no chat so I couldn't explain to the players why i was just sitting there. I was looking for the bug report. I remember it clearly from all the beta testing I did in solitaire, but no bug report button to file a report.

If you could let me know how to get a card to play I will be glad to test further. I do like the new graphics, very nice like the solitaire.

Xuzika
Active Poster

Post by Xuzika » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:05 am

Where is Text on bid i do not like meter always use a text but cannot change it :roll:

Sagwa
Active Poster

Post by Sagwa » Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:46 am

Is your rated not checked in a game? I got the upgrade(both) and am able to play rated games.

I'm just kind of, not sure what the word is, I liked sitting to the left. (Queen on her pedestal) lolol
But you can read the cards a lot better now.

One thing though, do I need to set something to faster? When our children play the singles games; the bots are tossing
out cards, lol but out children seem to lag or the game isn't set to zoom zoom zoom :?

They love that a glow or halo as they call it, comes up when it's their turn to play.
(only time they are angels lololol shhhhh don't tell them)

Now the three older children, 13, 9 and 7 argue who gets to play first. We can put in more keys, correct?
Gosh I sure hope so, or another calendar goes on the wall; as to who is 1st, 2nd and 3rd. lololol