Regarding Subbing

Galt
Grand Master

Regarding Subbing

Post by Galt » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:15 am

There is one aspect of subbing that is a little annoying, and maybe, Jonas, you could find a way to address it at some point.

When a sub is needed, the game will show on the available games list, but it will be indicated as "full".

Unfortunately, if someone quits the game before it is an official game, the game will still show in the list as being "full", suggesting that a sub is needed, but the game is really still a new game.

I had made the mistake in the past of sitting to sub at a game with a rating level that I would never choose to play as a real game, and then find out that I was not subbing but actually starting the game.

Now, I go into any game before subbing to see if it really is a game in progress.

It's not a biggie, but it would be nice to be able to know by just looking at the lobby game list.

Spadesomniac
Active Poster

Re: Regarding Subbing

Post by Spadesomniac » Wed May 30, 2012 11:59 pm

Bumping this old thread to say that yes, finding games to sub in is more awkward than it needs to be.

Every time I'm in a game where a sub comes and helps out (often even giving new life to a game that was becoming a dramafest) I want to give back by doing the same.

So I sit in the lobby and watch for a sub to be called. But I often find it really clunky to find the room, and by the time I do it's too late.

Another issue is that people don't say when calling for subs whether it is regular or pass-2. I haven't played pass-2 in so long I'd be an unfair sub.

If you ever do a revamp, perhaps players could click a button for a sub and people who want to help can see it light up in the lobby with info about what kind of game. A simple click would bring you to the seat.

Sailing_Away
Guide

Post by Sailing_Away » Thu May 31, 2012 8:55 pm

I'm not a spades player, but in other game types the game setting is clearly displayed when looking at the games needing subs (brown tables). Is it not so with spades as well?
-Brian

"Come Sail Away with me...."

Candy911
Guide

Post by Candy911 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:30 am

When you sit in a game that has not started the server specifically sends you a message you are joining a game and will be included IN the ratings or visa versa you are sitting in a players seat that left or disconnected and will NOT be included in the ratings. The way around this is to leave the room prior to bidding( if you prefer not to be included). If you do not bid ,the game has virtually not started.