game information pop out at tables

fj_holden

game information pop out at tables

Post by fj_holden » Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:26 am

Can you include the table rating in this area so when you host you know what the rating is. This helps to invite people after u are sitting.

Jonas
Illuminated One
Illuminated One

Re: game information pop out at tables

Post by Jonas » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:20 am

Im a little sick today so my brain isn't fully engaged :)

Could you explain to me a more detail what you are requesting. Do you mean a list of all the the players and their rating in the game info tab?

Galt
Grand Master

Post by Galt » Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:57 pm

No. That is not the request.

When you are sitting at a table there is no way to know what the rating is for that game. It would be nice if it was included in the list of stuff on the right had side of the screen.

Sometimes players set games and don't realize that the rating they set is different from what they intended.

Spadesomniac
Active Poster

Post by Spadesomniac » Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:08 pm

Agreed.

The issue goes beyond just not remembering what level you ordered. It's very hard to tell in fact because when I set the table I choose say +- 50 points from my current rating. But the system rounds, so if my rating is 1749 it sets the table as 1700. I haven't personally quite figured out exactly how it rounds so I'm constantly wondering what rating my table has, sometimes asking people who joined or even asking in the lobby.

the advantages of the excellent proposal in the OP include:

1. It would be easier to invite only people who qualify for your game. I was invited to a game today for which I was several points short of qualifying. I entered and realized I could not sit. The reason the host invited me is that she did not know what level she had set.
2. It would encourage people to list the level of the table when calling in the lobby. Most people just say "two players needed" which is not very useful if you're looking in the lobby. For example, if I'm in a room by myself looking for players, if someone calls for players at a level I want to play, I dump my room and go play with them. But if they just say "two players" it gives me no useful info!