Extreme Frustration due to Turtles and Bot Autowins

Spadesomniac
Active Poster

Extreme Frustration due to Turtles and Bot Autowins

Post by Spadesomniac » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:14 pm

There's been a serious issue recently with unsportsmanlike players kicking and banning people with connection issues. They then take the opportunity to put in bots and gain an automatic win.

This has been possible to do for years but it has been worse recently because of site-wide problems that are causing freezing and turtling even in players who have great Internet connections. It used to be just dial-up people who turtled. Now it's everyone and I think the kick and ban for playing slowly needs to be revisited.

Just tonight, I had a game where my partner left due to frustration with poor cards. The sub who came was actually far beneath the actual level of the room, however, we had a good hand playing together and we set the opponents, creating a very close game with a photo finish--a close score and 7 or 8 bags each. The last hand was going to decide the match. Due to a Hardwood wide connectivity issue, I got a turtle at a critical moment just before bidding the hand. The opponents and the sub voted to kick and ban me. They then put in Ogre, who of course gave the other team an automatic win.

I would strongly suggest that given the recent Hardwood caused connection issues that the kick and ban when a person is lagging be reconsidered:

1. It should no longer be possible to kick and ban a person for lagging. Kick is enough as it is useful to speed the person's return.
2. There needs to be an automatic pause in the game when a person is kicked for lagging to give the person enough time to come back before the seat is botted and the game lost. For example--three minutes, or until the person returns, whichever is sooner.

I know there could be abuses with immature people taking advantage of this to stall games. However, currently poor sports are routinely capitalizing on hardwood lags to score wins unfairly against bots!

Sailing_Away
Guide

Re: Extreme Frustration due to Turtles and Bot Autowins

Post by Sailing_Away » Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:32 am

Great post! I completely agree. Please suggest this on ideascale.
-Brian

"Come Sail Away with me...."

Spadesomniac
Active Poster

Post by Spadesomniac » Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:38 pm

Thanks, Sailing.

Where is the ideascale?

sandbar
Guide

Post by sandbar » Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:53 pm