Okay

SSstar
Active Poster

Okay

Post by SSstar » Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:37 pm

What's the deal with each and every post needing to get approval first? This is getting ridiculous, no wonder the forum is dead. Here's an idea, let people talk without trying to sensor them every five seconds.

sandbar
Guide

Re: Okay

Post by sandbar » Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:25 pm

Hi, the reason behind the approval before you can post, is because of the amount of spam that comes in daily, advertising products for sale, etc, and generally blocking up the forum, so Jonas has made it that admin can check the topic before it gets posted here.
That is the only reason, and its worth it, believe me, cause there used to be hundreds of spam messages.
Sandy (Sandbar)

SSstar
Active Poster

Post by SSstar » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:34 am

There's gotta be a better way to protect the forum from spam that doesn't discourage actual people from posting.

Also, I wonder why the forum isn't advertised or shown in any way in the game, don't you guys want people to easily know about the forum and come here and post? Without linking the game to the forums somehow, the forum is dead.

cbeth39

Post by cbeth39 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:20 pm

yes I agree about advertizing. I have been here 11 years and never knew there was a forum.
they should link it to the game so when issues arise we can jump over to here.

Galt
Grand Master

Post by Galt » Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:12 pm

That's a good idea.

There used to be, however, an amazing amount of spam in here. Other than reviewing potential posts I'm not sure how HW could do a better job of dealing with it.