Various subjects

cbeth39

Various subjects

Post by cbeth39 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:30 pm

OK I am a newbie at the forums. i just spent the last 2 days reading those 49 pages.
I first would like to know if there is anyway to have the posts listed by most recent 1st. I have seen the dates jump from 2010 to 2007 back to 2011 and so forth. it's hard to find recent posts so what I may have to say will not necessarily be relevant for today.
I have been a member since April 2002 so i am not new to HW. The only game i play is spades so i have no 1st hand knowledge of any other game.
I want to just add an observation that to this day is still ongoing.
1st the deals.
No matter what admin says the deal distribution is to say tactfully awful.
I have played many, many games 1000s to be sure. The deals are always always always slanted to one team or the other. I have regular partners and we play all variants of the game. it doesn't matter what color, how we set the table or even what variant of the game we are playing. it doesn't matter if we play rated, provie or 500 or 350 timed or whatever. It doesn't matter if our opps have the same, higher or lower ratings. The cards are always one-sided. games One team always gets all the cards. I'm not saying the one with lousy cards can't win. Me and my pard do it alot because we are good and we play well as partners. But as soon as the 1st deal is made we can determine who has the cards for the whole game. So we are compelled to play using that strategy in our minds. ok the opps have all the cards how can we best them. Me an my pard will at times stay at the same table and play many games mainly because at that particular time the cards are hot and we win win win. But also the cards will change without warning and then they go to the opps. So using a color to determine winning seats is a factor. I've also witnessed 1st hand that the ones who sit with the lowest rating and the worst ratio WILL get the best cards. it's just a shame they don't know how to use the great hands they get. People are so wrapped up in bagging the opponents instead of setting that they will bid 5 with a 9 hand and try to bag out a 3 bid. This is the poorest playing there is. I would take a bag to set in a minute. I have also seen them both bid 1 each with a nil on the table leaving the one to cover who really only has a 3 hand to take 5 bags. This is the way they play. The cards are slanted.
2nd the guides.
I have seen them come and go and i can honestly say that the new guides really need to learn webiquette. There are several who are just so rude. They do not realize that even tho we are anonymous we have feelings. To just silence someone or censor their nic or profiles with no warning is really not cool. Then when they do it and the player says something in the lobby they get told the pat answer admin@silvercrk.com. This is really not very nice it only causes more discord. At least give the player some kind of resolution like let them alter it or delete it. I also have seen favoritism. They like this person but not that one and silence the one they don't like after saying something similar to what was previously said by their "Friend". The guides are not consistent. If there is 2 or more in the lobby at one time some let the players flood the lobby with useless drivel while another guide would do an "Ahem". Or just zap them. This causes heartburn and discord and what was once a fun lobby is now filled with hatred and disdain. Just because they are guides doesn't make them masters of the lobby and to be as disrespectful as the ones they are trying to control makes them a hypocrite.
3 the dislike list
When you put someone on your dislike list it pops up saying noone can see this. But in reality from what I've seen the person on a dislike list knows that because the host's table says invite only. The dislike list is only relative to the host not the other players. I have left many a game because someone came in that I put on the dislike list and the host immediately starts the game. If I don't like that person why would i want him at any table I play at. Then I am called a card shopper. I am not a card shopper i am a pard shopper. I have them on my list for one reason or another but to say that noone will know they are on a list is not true if the host of a table doesn't want you there. That's where other nics come into play. I can go get another nic and that table miraculously is now open for me to play. So If the host didn't like me with one nic I can go get another one and pard him and screw him over. Not saying I would do it but it has been done to me. These are just a few of what i've witnessed and there are others but I guess I stole your attention long enough. Thank you for letting me say my piece.
Happy Spading to all.