Bug in Spades v2 that needs to be fixed

Jonas
Illuminated One
Illuminated One

Re: Bug in Spades v2 that needs to be fixed

Post by Jonas » Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:44 pm

I had our Lead programmer check into this issue, and in code, the AI shouldn't ever bid nil with and Ace of spades.

Kurt Lang
Active Poster

Post by Kurt Lang » Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:36 am

Thank you for looking into it, Jonas.

Kurt Lang
Active Poster

Post by Kurt Lang » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:30 pm

Curious, Jonah. My mental bot partner once again bid nil while holding the Ace of Spades. When you say a bot should never bid nil in such a case, do you mean you're trying to find out why it does that anyway, or do you mean it simply shouldn't and you aren't looking into it at all?

Gromph
Site Admin

Post by Gromph » Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:48 pm

Just letting everyone know that I found and fixed this bug today. The fix will be in the next update of the server and games, not sure when that will be though.

Kurt Lang
Active Poster

Post by Kurt Lang » Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:35 am

Thanks!

SSstar
Active Poster

Post by SSstar » Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:07 am

So, I've just played a wonderful game today. Me and my partner were doing well and were up by a few hundred points, then my partner gets disconnected for a short time. The losing team then proceeds to vote me out of the game and then abandons after I was kicked. Fantastic. Talk about a giant hole in the game that screws people over... Wow, what an absurd turn of events. Next time just come to my house and smack me in the face

Kurt Lang
Active Poster

Post by Kurt Lang » Tue May 26, 2015 7:19 am

Oh, fer' crimminy's sake! Please get a fix out on this. My idiot bot partner not only just now bid Nil with the Ace of Spades in hand, but with the Ace and King of Spades! Could have easily won the game if the dummy bot had bid the two sure tricks instead of Nil.

Sailing_Away
Guide

Post by Sailing_Away » Tue May 26, 2015 7:35 am

Kurt,

Would you be able to send the game log to support@silvercrk.com for the game you experienced this in?

It would be one of the files in C:\Users\(your user name)\AppData\Roaming\Silver Creek Entertainment\Hardwood Spades v2\GameLogs\

To pick the right Lobby_nnnnnnnnnnn.txt file, you can open in Notepad and check the content near the end to see where the bot played the K and A of spades after bidding nil (if timestamp of the file alone doesn't tell you which one).

Maybe having the game log will help the staff find the issue since Jonas relayed the message that this should not happen.
-Brian

"Come Sail Away with me...."

Kurt Lang
Active Poster

Post by Kurt Lang » Tue May 26, 2015 12:45 pm

Have sent the requested file. Thanks!

Kurt Lang
Active Poster

Post by Kurt Lang » Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:05 pm

Alright, this is just plain insanity. My bot partner and I were winning 455 to 154. My absolutely mental bot partner bid Nil - I kid you not - with the A, K, Q of spades in his hand!!! And had three other lower spades besides.

I received an email quite a while ago that this bug had been found and fixed for the online version. Why are you dragging your heels fixing this for the desktop version? It's been MONTHS!!!

Kurt Lang
Active Poster

Post by Kurt Lang » Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:56 pm

Well, I'll have to wait and see what happens now. After checking from within the version 2 apps I had, they all kept telling me I had the latest version, which were from 2011. Only when I went directly to the download page of each SilverCreek game did I actually get newer versions (Sep 17, 2014).

Kurt Lang
Active Poster

Post by Kurt Lang » Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:50 am

Just noting the bug still exists. The west bot partner bid Nil with the Ace of Spades on only the second hand of the game. No strategy going on there.

Edit: And still more. Since posting this, the bots bide Nil with the Ace of Spades twice more on the same day. And today, bid Nil with the KQ of Spades.

I was really hoping getting the most updated apps would fix this, but obviously not. If nothing else, the way the bots play is a good way for novice Spades players to learn how NOT to play this game.