Interested in more cool features?

Would you pay for extra online features?

Poll ended at Wed Dec 04, 2002 9:14 pm

yes
49%
yes
No votes
no
51%
no
No votes

Total votes: 51

Nautiguy
Noob

Re: Interested in more cool features?

Post by Nautiguy » Wed Dec 25, 2002 8:38 pm

Nope...can't justify any reason whatsoever for asking existing pay members to cough up more money for additional "perks". If that happens, I write off what I paid so far as a bad experience and move on.

Yes the site is nice, yes, people put some good thought and effort into it. BUT, the point here is not the money.

There are many other ways to generate income to cover these costs. You seem to have plenty of space available for advertising, etc. (No...not pop-up ads). Thats just one thought.

If you are going to do it..I would suggest grandfathering those of us that have already paid, under the understanding that we paid a one-time fee, into being gold members. To say we must pay a monthly charge now is pretty close to calling us suckers. I dont know too many businesses that survive by treating their customers that badly.
Nautiguy

nurseyliz
Active Poster

Post by nurseyliz » Wed Dec 25, 2002 9:06 pm

I would be very angry if i was now expected to pay a monthly fee! I have not even recieved my cd for hardwood yet! It took alot for me to cough up the money to purchase this site, i have always played free spades and other games...still do for that matter. I was impressed with the beauty of this site and the filters that are in place versus the obsenities that are blasted in other gaming sites like yahoo..(do they EVEN have management there??) However i played those other sites for nearly 10 yrs and it wouldnt hurt me to go back..

All in all, i think you should increase the fee of buying into this site by about 5 dollars, and increase the amount of buying all three by 10 dollars. To suddenly throw a status symbol up our bums will undoubtedly cause unrest amoung your players, not to mention hard feelings, and a decrease in the players that sign up in the first place! :?

nurseyliz
Active Poster

Post by nurseyliz » Wed Dec 25, 2002 9:07 pm

id like to vote, but not sure how...someone help me with this plz. I am logged in and everything! ty

nightrider72

Post by nightrider72 » Wed Dec 25, 2002 9:13 pm

I for one would like to see some new stuff,but a monthly fee is going to far, i think a one time fee might go ,if it was worth it and the price is right .Then again i think SCE should come up with a few more featurers ,with out paying anything. I like the site ,and hope you make the right choice. if it comes down to paying a monthly fee ,it will be goodbye for me and a lot of others.