MIKE LORD, AKA DUCKHUNTER69 & D_h, PASSES AWAY

ScoutsHonor
Grand Master

MIKE LORD, AKA DUCKHUNTER69 & D_h, PASSES AWAY

Post by ScoutsHonor » Tue Feb 17, 2004 2:39 pm

Mike Lord (aka Duckhunter69 and D_H) died at his home about 7:30 this morning, apparently of heart failure, at the age of 50.

He had been in ill health for some time, and was scheduled to have kidney stone surgery later this month, but his death was truly unexpected. He leaves behind two teenaged daughters, Michelle and Jessica, and his brother David.

Mike was a long-time volunteer at the local food bank in his community, and his family requests that any contributions be made in his name to the North Kingstown Food Pantry, 450 Boston Neck Road, North Kingstown, RI 02852 (Bonnie Smith, director).

Mike could often be a pain-in-the-tushy, but underneath the bluff and bluster was a heart of gold. Rarely a month would pass that he didn't send me some gift he thought would make life happier for me or my Mom -- homemade nut butters, carmel popcorn, sunflower seeds -- even microwavable beef stews for my mom (and she loved them). He and I fought often and hard (oh, how we fought at times!), but we loved each other, and he was my friend, and I will miss him more than I can say.

Mike was the founder and administrator of the Players Choice Tourneys in hearts, spades & euchre, and a long-time player in our TOP hearts tourneys.

Our TOP lobbies will be a quieter and lonelier place without him. Godspeed to your spirit, my friend. We will miss you so much.

If you would like to send a message to his family via a group sympathy card, the link is below: http://www.groupcard.com/birthday4/Thou ... thYou.html
Melinda
AKA 1TOP MUSH
mshowes1@aol.com

You'll notice that a turtle only makes progress when it sticks out its neck.