Fixed Deals

dustin7609
Active Poster

Fixed Deals

Post by dustin7609 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:07 pm

It seems like people have been complaining about "fixed deals" on HW for some number of years now. Many of the players that used to play on Yahoo! recently switched to HW and are saying the same. Normally I just brush this side as very few people understand how random deals and distributions work. That said, the number of people who complain about this seems abnormally high. Is it really the case that so few understand random distribution, or is something else going on?

Is there anything to support this conspiracy theory besides the typical random anecdotal examples people list?

Does anyone have the actual deal generator algorithm that is being used for HW?

sandbar
Guide

Re: Fixed Deals

Post by sandbar » Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:59 pm

here you go, this might help :D

http://www.silvercrk.com/ratings/

dustin7609
Active Poster

Post by dustin7609 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:28 pm

sandbar wrote:here you go, this might help :D

http://www.silvercrk.com/ratings/
How does this help answer my question about how deals are generated? This appears to be something about ratings? Very confused.

This was more helpful to my question, lol: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_mKY2CQ9Kk

Jonas
Illuminated One
Illuminated One

Post by Jonas » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:42 pm

A while back we posted the actual deals, but basically your right, it's just a perceived thing. The card dealing distributions are what you'd expect them to be by random chance. There's definitely NOT fixed, nor does the dealing code have any awareness of WHO the people are sitting in various seats or what their score or rating is either.

From what we can tell, it's just the standard situation of the human mind trying to make patterns out of randomness.

Galt
Grand Master

Post by Galt » Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:25 pm

Hey Dustin.

I have not played here for a couple of years, but I imagine that the dealing algorithm is the same now as it was then.

I recall these complaints going back to the late 90s.

I never saw any of the players who had consistently high ratings complaining about the deals, and there were plenty of good players.

If the assumptions that have been made over the years about deals being rigged according to ratings or seat color or whatever were true, such a situation would affect everyone, but it never seemed to. I think that it is all annecdotal stuff, and I have never seen any complaints from the half of the population that must be getting unnaturally good cards if half of the players are getting unnaturally bad cards.

It is like the endless complaints about ratings. People have always complained about not being able to achieve high ratings due to bad deals, which of course presents a paradox since every time that one player's rating goes down, another player's rating goes up.

Changing subjects, what is going on at Yahoo? I have never played there. Why aare players leaving?

Thanks

Jonas
Illuminated One
Illuminated One

Post by Jonas » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:16 am

Yahoo is switch gears on the front end clients I think. Shutting down the old rooms.

Openshut
Active Poster

Post by Openshut » Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:53 pm