programs

MA_GiC
Noob

programs

Post by MA_GiC » Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:55 pm

Both spades and euchre the cards dealt are chaotic and most places won't use cut deck to give a little bit of a chance does anyone feel cut deck helps? Also I would like to ask is there such a program out there that a player can use and see other players cards? It has been brought up to me that there is? I know nothing about this kind of thing so if some deem it a stupid question pardon me .

sandbar
Guide

Re: programs

Post by sandbar » Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:24 pm

There is no program that can see other players cards, if anyone says there is, they are pulling your leg .......... :mrgreen:
Or they are trying to put you off your game by saying so 8)

Jonas
Illuminated One
Illuminated One

Post by Jonas » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:01 am

Sandbar is right. You are given visibility to cards by the server when you would actually see the card in real life. So The cards in the other peoples hands are actually blank until they are played, and the server says what that card is. There's no way to peek ahead of time since the game client doesn't have any info about them.

Jonas
Illuminated One
Illuminated One

Post by Jonas » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:09 am

Sandbar is right. You are given visibility to cards by the server when you would actually see the card in real life. So The cards in the other peoples hands are actually blank until they are played, and the server says what that card is. There's no way to peek ahead of time since the game client doesn't have any info about them.

MA_GiC
Noob

Post by MA_GiC » Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:58 pm

SOOOO does anyone think cut deck helps in the card distribution?????

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:49 pm

if you look at cut-deck from the stand-point of each card cut moves the cards dealt to an individual by one seat

IE: cut one card and the cards that SOUTH would have gotten goes to EAST, EAST to NORTH, NORTH to WEST, WEST to SOUTH

cut 2 cards it changes it by 2 seats

cut by 3 cards by 3 seats

4 cards puts the cards as they were except the order in which you would have received them

this works for all multiples of the above...

JUST DUST

PS - cut thin to win
TO BE OR NOT TO BE..... NOW WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT??? TO BE OF COURSE!!!!!

Sailing_Away
Guide

Post by Sailing_Away » Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:56 am

MA_GiC's point is logical if truly all cards are blank until they are to be displayed to a player. As no cards are visible yet to any player when the option to cut is given, you are cutting a deck of blank cards. The random card selector is called as each card is revealed which happens in the same order no matter which card is picked for cutting the deck, so cutting the deck doesn't really change which card you get.

If the random card selector was run prior to cutting the deck, then what Dust says would be true, but it appears Jonas' comment that cards arrive blank when dealt and is determined when the card is shown means the cut-deck option has no bearing on things.
-Brian

"Come Sail Away with me...."

Openshut
Active Poster

Post by Openshut » Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:59 pm

That is a huge if. Besides no one in their right mind would use an individual selector for each card. there would simply not be enough entropy. The deck must be thoroughly randomized first , then the shuffled array is cut.

MA_GiC
Noob

Post by MA_GiC » Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:16 am

so If am reading this correctly the cut feature really does nothing???? Is this true?????

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:45 pm

the cut is figured in before the deal...

JUST DUST
TO BE OR NOT TO BE..... NOW WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT??? TO BE OF COURSE!!!!!

Sailing_Away
Guide

Post by Sailing_Away » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:18 am

I think I was mis-reading what Jonas was saying, and it may be the source of other confusion here, too. There is a difference between server code and client code, and client code is what Jonas was talking about with regard to cards being blank until they are revealed to the player. However, the server knows what all the cards are in advance of being revealed.

The order of logic on the server side should go like this in pseudo-code fashion:

define subroutine new-hand
perform card-randomization /* assign random card values
if settings-cut-deck-option = true
perform action-select-cut-deck /* give player n option to cut deck and make selected card occurrence 1 in card-array
end-if
perform deal-hand /* deal out cards in array order starting with player n
end-subroutine

However, on the client side, it would look more like this:

new-hand-event.
perform hidden-card-deal-graphic /* show cards dealt face down
for i = 1 to 13
perform server-retrieve-card-value(my-card(i)) /* get card value for cards in client player hand
perform display-card-value(my-card(i)) /* reveal card value for cards in client player hand
end-for

card-played-event.
perform server-retrieve-card-value(played-card) /* get card value for card played by another player
perform display-card-value(played-card) /* reveal card value for card played by another player

Obviously this is not showing how the logic of the game flow works but just illustrates how the cut deck option works while what Jonas said is true as well.
-Brian

larryboy1956
Guide

Post by larryboy1956 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:49 pm

I don't get it !!!! Whats the use playing if you need to cheat ?????

Sailing_Away
Guide

Post by Sailing_Away » Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:56 pm

I don't get it !!!! Who said anything about cheating ????? LOL
-Brian