Where are the rules ?

bjvande

Where are the rules ?

Post by bjvande » Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:51 pm

I cannot find the rules that HW uses for the variants like Suicide and Mirrors. When I play suicide with real cards, one must bid 4 or more, and the partner must bid nil. I ask because HW let my partner bid 1 (not very smart as the opps bid 7, and we had 5 bags already), forced me to bid nil (I had 6 spades), and we lost because my partner took 6 tricks.
Why does HW not block out 1-3, just like it blocks out the number bid by my partner in regular spades (eg. if my partner bids 4, I only see bids from nil to 9) ?

Candy911
Guide

Re: Where are the rules ?

Post by Candy911 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:08 pm

Not and easy fix ! I requested information from the administration. This is what he replied.

jonas

[4:27 PM]Today at 4:27:23 PM

I dont believe those rules are explained anywhere, maybe in the create a game box. As for not blocking out bids, we just don't. That sorta seems like the players responsibility.

Hope this helps ! :mrgreen:

Professor Robert
Guide

Post by Professor Robert » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:15 am

Here is the link so that you know where the server rules are posted:

[url][/http://www.silvercrk.com/server_rules/url]

Candy911
Guide

Post by Candy911 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:47 am

For some reason Professor that link does not function properly :( She wanted the rules to the game. Not the site rules.

"I cannot find the rules that HW uses for the variants like Suicide and Mirrors"

Are there rules to that effect that I am unaware of? Please enlighten me !

Unicron
Illuminated One
Illuminated One

Post by Unicron » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:44 am

We don't have those documented in text outside of the game. If you hover over each rule the effect of that rule is shown in help text. Somewhere in our todo list is to put together an online manual at some point.

Becky2555
Guide

Post by Becky2555 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:26 am

If bjvande tries the offline version (select "Play Spades" instead of "Play Online" when first logging in), there is a "Learn to Play" button as well as a rules tab. This section has the hover options Unicron mentioned. I never actually reviewed this until now... it's very nice information for a new player or someone who is new to Hardwood! :wink:
Becky