Cut Rankings

Vidurr
Active Poster

Post by Vidurr » Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:23 pm

Midnightguy wrote:One site I used to play at, had this simple rule: If you cheat with the rating system and other players bring valid SOLID proof then your rating was reset to start and 0 games played no questions asked. I'm not sure if any E-mail warnings were giving to people who violated this rule but, get caught number of times you also get banned. To discourage cheating and rating manipulation, hit them where it hurts the most. Reset their stats!

It's clear this Velvet is cheating the system. I looked at one of the links to see they lost to three bots -647 they are clearly covering up that another person won. I recommend the site for now on have recorded on all games who started the game. If Player A started a game but then quits either a bot or Player Z comes in to sub, Players A name should still be recorded on all Player B, C, D's stats and shows this person left game. This would allow the Jason or any member of SCE to investigate further who is guilty of cheating the rating system.
The Game Log I believe already does this now. HW or any player in the game can review the Game Log and see who left or entered the game.

The only thing your suggestion does is make the original player visible in the Payers Profile for the two weeks or so that it remains active.

I do agree though that HW's decision to leave a players game stats at (241 - 10 - 3) and their ranking at 2005, is rather peculiar. Especially since that player or someone can still log into that same nic ????

So the lesson learned is cheat the system, take your ban, and then come back and log in on the same nic later and hope everyone forgot ?????

Absolutely
Active Poster

Post by Absolutely » Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:18 pm

I see the name still has it's 2005 rating and game record ?

Is anything being done ?
:-) YA'LL REALLY CRACK ME UP !!! :-)

Cadienne
Active Poster

Post by Cadienne » Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:16 pm

OK stupid question.. Why does this matter?
If you want the rainbow, you have to pass through the rain.

Absolutely
Active Poster

Post by Absolutely » Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:28 pm

Cadienne wrote:OK stupid question.. Why does this matter?
No questions are stupid questions.

Let me present it this way...

I just played 254 games on HW. I have a record of 241 - 10 - 3 in cut with a 2005 rating.

I played against opponents who threw the games and just before the game was over; the opponents cliked out an I put in bots so the opponents name would never show in my game profile.

I won games 300 to -400 and must have squeezed in 30 games in an hour.

I was caught for cheating and was banned.

My ban has been up and now I can just relog back onto my same cheated nic and my 2005 rating.

The question; is that OK ?

Wildest Child

Post by Wildest Child » Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:18 pm

WOW---you were a BAD girl. eh??? :shock:

Absolutely
Active Poster

Post by Absolutely » Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:37 pm

LOL

If it were only true eh ?

abcba123
Active Poster

Post by abcba123 » Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:29 pm

grandmaS wrote:well now that its come up again it probably will be, and didn't you say this was from 2005 so didn't come RIGHT back in, and if we kick them RIGHT back out, by reporting it and it getting checked and verified are they really gonna get away with anything?

I am sorry, that some are savey enough to be able to cheat, and get around the locks put up, or that they even want to, but the only real way to stop them is to keep reporting them.

And giving Admin a chance to take care of it.......

:) cookies today are Chocolate Chip and I hope you guys can enjoy them and have a little patience while admin takes care of the problem :)
I see the name still has it's record and rating intact. Was anything done ?

player2376
Active Poster

Post by player2376 » Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:45 am

Isn't it pretty obvious that HW has spoken?

After more than a year that nic is still intact; ergo HW
thinks it's a legit record. :roll:

Since HW reset nics a few years ago, I know it can be done...
but only if HW determines it should be done.

They havent reset it, so why shouldnt that nic be played.
If they arent banned, can log in and play that record.. maybe
to set up more wins, it's with HW's sanction.

Maybe we should just let that person enjoy that wonderful
record and maybe add to it without it bothering us if it doesnt
bother HW.

Let the games begin :D

abcba123
Active Poster

Post by abcba123 » Sun Nov 12, 2006 1:14 am

player2376 wrote:Isn't it pretty obvious that HW has spoken?

After more than a year that nic is still intact; ergo HW
thinks it's a legit record. :roll:

Since HW reset nics a few years ago, I know it can be done...
but only if HW determines it should be done.

They havent reset it, so why shouldnt that nic be played.
If they arent banned, can log in and play that record.. maybe
to set up more wins, it's with HW's sanction.

Maybe we should just let that person enjoy that wonderful
record and maybe add to it without it bothering us if it doesnt
bother HW.

Let the games begin :D
I believe you are correct. It's been over a week and the record and ranking are still intact.

Many of us had wins and ratings taken away by HW during the Prov Purge; so it is possible.

And for the record, no I was not hoarding high rated Prov nics. :shock:

Looks like the ruling is; let them play.

abcba123
Active Poster

Post by abcba123 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:30 am

grandmaS wrote:well now that its come up again it probably will be, and didn't you say this was from 2005 so didn't come RIGHT back in, and if we kick them RIGHT back out, by reporting it and it getting checked and verified are they really gonna get away with anything?

I am sorry, that some are savey enough to be able to cheat, and get around the locks put up, or that they even want to, but the only real way to stop them is to keep reporting them.

And giving Admin a chance to take care of it.......

:) cookies today are Chocolate Chip and I hope you guys can enjoy them and have a little patience while admin takes care of the problem :)

OK GrandmaS

and their record and rating still intact

1st: 241
2nd: 10
3rd: 3
4th: 0

grandmaS
Grand Master

Post by grandmaS » Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:50 am

You need to report it to support@silvercrk.com, with nick and your data :)

I am woman I am strong

abcba123
Active Poster

Post by abcba123 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:52 am

grandmaS wrote:You need to report it to support@silvercrk.com, with nick and your data :)
It has been.

Repeatedly.

Dead Presidents
Active Poster

Post by Dead Presidents » Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:47 am

Ok. Anyone who has been on top 25 can be considered an expert. Well like in science, we all believe what the experts say. Lets apply that to spades. Experts say, better yet anyone with any common sense on the rating system can easily see that this player hasnt been facing anyone near his/her rating. To be 240-10-3 whatever the exact rating was you should be double or even triple a 2000 rating. The only way you can have a record like that and such a low rating for that rating is by playing people extremely lower than your rating. So we can all agree that this person hasnt been playing people there rating at a certain point. Because trust me, if they were playing people there rating. They wouldnt be 2000, they would be like 10,000 with that record. To bad they had to face newbies or themselves for such a good record.
Spades is a beautiful thing.