Regarding the recent poll...

mqarep

Regarding the recent poll...

Post by mqarep » Fri Dec 30, 2005 9:39 am

I will also be leaving as soon as a new aesthetically pleasing site with decent audio is available. I would bet the majority of players will leave, primarily because of the nannies that babysit us (known also as "guides"). <snip>
I would gladly pay premium to be treated as an adult.
BTW, is this a religious site? It would seem to be because of the pervasive censorship.
I hate this place but nothing else is out there...yet.

Intellimouse
Active Poster

Re: Regarding the recent poll...

Post by Intellimouse » Fri Dec 30, 2005 10:43 am

mqarep wrote: I would bet the majority of players will leave, primarily because of the nannies that babysit us (known also as "guides").

I doubt this thread will be around so I'm gonna throw my 2 cents in. I for 1 aint go'n nowhere. Anytime I have gotten in trouble with a guide is because I choose too.(usually taking on, or antagonizing some idiot) To be treated like an adult, one must act like one. HW provides plenty of avenues for recourse if you feel unjustly mistreated, but it aint in the forum. In closing use the alt F4 key and dont let the door hit ya. :?

MAGE
Active Poster

Post by MAGE » Fri Dec 30, 2005 11:19 am

Intellimouse - you're as on-the-mark as you are off, which is not surprising as there are very few absolutes in life. Like you, I have crossed swords with a guide now and again - always expecting to lose and having those expectations fulfilled. I announce quitters in the lobby because if you can't deal with losing a card game ... no money, no real prestige ... how do you deal with life? Taking on the rules cause you disagree with them is fine but they ARE still the rules so you get silenced. Those who try to cleverly disguise profanity either in the lobby or their profile and get censored or silenced have no complaint. If I want to hear profanity, no matter how clever, I can go to a truck stop or naval yard. Sure I cuss, but not here .. why would I? .. to impress?

But the guides (some) are not without fault either. Way too often I have seen them engage in the same conversations in one room that they silence someone for in another room. They are human and in HW to have fun like the rest of us but when they flaunt the very rules they enforce or just flat out act like bullies on a mission they open themselves to criticism.

Overall, I think HW is a fine site. Brother have I played at WORSE. And the guides are generally way more a factor for the positive side of HW.
The greatest MAGIC is within each of us
The greatest JOY is sharing it
The greatest SORROW is betraying it

Intellimouse
Active Poster

Post by Intellimouse » Fri Dec 30, 2005 12:09 pm

Guides is peeps too. Sometimes they have bad days, and some luv the authority, I cant speak for all of them. If I have a run in I hash it out in IM's and sometimes they aint pretty. But they have a thankless job and even though I may challange them I know the boundaries. But to bash HW is ridiculous. You can't pay for the privilege of be'n treating like an adult. You dont like it, you do have the right to leave wiff out complaining.

Just a thought from the mouse house :roll:

Z E U S
Active Poster

Post by Z E U S » Fri Dec 30, 2005 1:20 pm

I'm gonna have to agree with the Mouse on this one, there's no need to pay to be treated as an adult, you can act like one for free. Good luck in your search finding a site better than HW, but don't hold your breath. If you have issues with any guides (me in particular) you have a better way of reporting it than personally attacking them in this forum and having to hide your identity here. Jonas or Jason will listen to your complaints by email. support@silvercrk.com ATTN: Jonas or Jason
I would bet the majority of players will leave, primarily because of the nannies that babysit us (known also as "guides"). The most offensive one being Zeus.
I'd be willing to bet the majority will NOT be leaving with you . . . . perhaps they will be waving you a fond farewell instead.

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:12 pm

Sorry ALL.... I will be STAYING.... could be good or bad news depending on how ya look at it LOL

JUST DUST

PS - Sorry Primal LOL
TO BE OR NOT TO BE..... NOW WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT??? TO BE OF COURSE!!!!!

omni_555
Grand Master

Post by omni_555 » Fri Dec 30, 2005 4:01 pm

...Most "adults" realize the need for controls of some sort, while seldom NEEDING these controls for themselves.

Sure, there may be a few Guides around who sometimes overstep the boundaries and get a little high on the power trip, but these are the exceptions rather than the rule.

Bottom line, I have played THOUSANDS of games on HW, and have yet to see that pop-up or whatever it is that others talk about seeing when they get silenced or whatever. And believe me when I say that I am NO angel outside the site!!! I don't back away from confrontations, and have even made sailors blush with some of my epithets!!! But I pick and choose where and when I decide to "let loose", and online in a public gaming site is NOT one of those places.

"Censorship"??? Do people come to the site to play Spades, Hearts and/or Euchre, or to try to see how far they can push limits? If you come to PLAY, then censorship or babysitting or anything else that is being complained about should NOT even be a FACTOR, because you would not even NOTICE any of it! You would be too busy concentrating on playing the game. 8)
Playing games should be FUN - seek out your own level! Don't frustrate others unnecessarily. 8)

Primal Instincts
Grand Master

Post by Primal Instincts » Fri Dec 30, 2005 4:13 pm

I wont be leaving either...as the other's have said..make sure the door dosent hit ya on the way out....Oh and I bet you will be back in no time at all...and the guide's will still be here along with the rule's you clicked I AGREE to when you made your nic....Have a great day....
The Wilderness has answers to questions man has not yet learned to ask.

Txspaderz
Active Poster

Post by Txspaderz » Fri Dec 30, 2005 4:21 pm

Yep, I will be staying too...

I have to agree with the responses so far... If you want to be treated with an adult, you have to act like one...

Do unto other's as you want do unto you!!

RiverBelle
Active Poster

Post by RiverBelle » Fri Dec 30, 2005 4:47 pm

We were looking for another site when we found this one - were "members" of WP and decided there had to be something better than uncontrolled mayhem and nastyness (although I have to admit the sounds were kool)! We'll miss you mqarep, so, don't let the wood door hit ya where the good Lord split ya.
Image I just know that this site will be even more popular than it is now when Backgammon comes to town - WoOoOoOohOo p.s. JONAs, where is my personally engraved invitation for the new game? hehehe

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Fri Dec 30, 2005 8:53 pm

I have the fun of working in the "factory environment" along with the "office environment" on the other side of the wall.... want to see me change faces is really crazy, but only way I keep my job..... when the 2 get mixed up and in the same room whhheeeewwww!!! one side of face this way and the another LOL

Ok, mouse (LOL).... if you ever have been around the factory enviroment sort of like being a sailor (which I was) and the office is usaully more professional and being a Network engineer I have the honor of dealing with both.

JUST DUST

PS - Glad I can fix most of their problems over the Network!!!
Last edited by Dust In The Wind on Sat Dec 31, 2005 11:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
TO BE OR NOT TO BE..... NOW WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT??? TO BE OF COURSE!!!!!

Intellimouse
Active Poster

Post by Intellimouse » Fri Dec 30, 2005 11:14 pm

Dust can u say that again in Mouse English?

Primal Instincts
Grand Master

Post by Primal Instincts » Fri Dec 30, 2005 11:39 pm

RiverBelle wrote: where is my personally engraved invitation for the new game? hehehe
The Wilderness has answers to questions man has not yet learned to ask.

grandmaS
Grand Master

Post by grandmaS » Sat Dec 31, 2005 3:00 am

Well sorry I won't be leaving either, I came here a very long time ago looking for a place to play and have fun without being propisitioned every two minutes or having to watch that my kids didn't walk into the room and read what I was reading.

I guess you could say I was looking for babysitters to prevent that kind of stuff. And then I became one lol.

I as most guides, want you to have FUN, we love it when you chat and say good .....morning, evening, night etc. Tell us you got new jobs, had babies, got married. The sun is shinning or its snowing outside :) all we ask is that you follow the rules, its really not that hard, there are hundreds here that haven't ever seen the "box" lol. (Omni if you want to see what it looks like catch me sometime and I will show you my "ID" ;)

Hugs and Smiles

I am woman I am strong

Z E U S
Active Poster

Post by Z E U S » Mon Jan 02, 2006 2:11 am

RiverBelle, You are cordually invited to play me your first game of backgammon. I'll be waiting in the lobby the 1st day !!!! :D