Deep Breath

Intellimouse
Active Poster

Deep Breath

Post by Intellimouse » Sat Jan 07, 2006 9:50 pm

If If I wrote this 30 minites ago I would get banned for sure. But I don't appriciate getting kicked from a game I'm hosting by a ringer and a guide telling me to live with it. Cheating is cheating and if tht pzz's me off, I'm sorry. But a Guide should have enough fortidude to talk, warn, etc... Let me know before I'm silenced,. if I exceed the TOS tell me but stop the====> "I'm in hiding so I can bust u." This hiding stuff is beginning to suk, if u took the job as a guide why do u think u need to hide? If you don't want to b seen quit.
Last edited by Intellimouse on Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Primal Instincts
Grand Master

Post by Primal Instincts » Sat Jan 07, 2006 11:14 pm

Deep breath Intelli......Deep breath...
The Wilderness has answers to questions man has not yet learned to ask.

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Sun Jan 08, 2006 12:13 am

Your choice Intell.... red pill or da blue pill..... the red pill and you wake up in the morning as if nothing ever happened, Blue pill you wake up in the morning as if something did happen but it really didn't matter anyways because it's another day on this blue marble in space and you get to live it....

JUST DUST

PS - sorry just trying to help ya mellow and maybe bring a smile
TO BE OR NOT TO BE..... NOW WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT??? TO BE OF COURSE!!!!!

Intellimouse
Active Poster

Post by Intellimouse » Sun Jan 08, 2006 8:43 am

LOL Dust, I took the blue one, but my point is this...... If u take the prestige of becoming a guide for HW, Why do U feel the need to hide and shoot from the bushes? I have almost every guide on IM but they stay invisable there too. You don't want to be known why be a guide? I have 3-4 peeps a day asking for remote assistance on their puter or software, I do this for free and I dont hide from anyone. So all I'm saying is If u take the job then show up for it. :roll: I'm tired of these chicken**** ambushes.

Just_Ice
Grand Master

Post by Just_Ice » Sun Jan 08, 2006 12:01 pm

The only time I ever hid in the lobby as a Gide was to test to see if it worked.

Having said that, I think there are some uses for the hide feature. My personal opinion is that they are fewer and farther between than being demonstrated.

Having said that, the fact that they can hide does help in the lobby since no one knows if a Guide is really there.

I never had the "I'm gonna hide and see if people misbehave" attitude. Some do. It's a different style. Maybe it takes all types to make it work.

Bottom line, to use a driving analogy, the only ones worried about where the cops are hiding are the ones who are speeding.

starfire
Grand Master

Post by starfire » Sun Jan 08, 2006 1:06 pm

Intellimouse the invisble tool is a good tool for guides and player.
It was given to us to help player and keep peace in the lobby's.

I do not speak for others this is only how I feel and how I do things and why

1) There are player when they see blue they stop or run. A guide has to see
the player doing something to take any kind of action. With invisble we
can come into a lobby see what is going on and deal with it. I only
do this when there is something going on and I need to see it.
I do come visble right before the action is taken or right after.

2) When running post for hardwood tourney. Because we do post here and there
for a few hrs on the day of the tourney.I go from lobby to lobby I post wait a min
to see if anyone needs help or wants to ask me anything then move on to nexts lobby.
When I have hit all lobby I go invisble then go off to do things around the house.
It is not fair to player to see a guide nic in the lobby and the guide is not there
to help them or talk with them. It is easyer to uses invisble then to log in and out
of the game.

3) There is times when hanging out in lobby that something will come up at home
door,phone,or I need to go and check on dinner I will hit invisble till I get back to my PC.
Why I do this is because there has been so many times I player will see my nic and get upset
because I did not answer them or help when they ask for it.
Player do not always see BRB or AFK they make be in a game or come in lobby after it was said.
So invisble helps when your hanging out but need to do something for a min and not at the time to see type.

MSN My MSN logs in auto when I turn my PC on. There is times when it is someone else in my family who is
useing my PC. I also do other things on my PC besides hardwood. I have a site I make sig tag for people.
I have learn after being pulled away a few times when right in the middle of doing a sig tag
or finding my bar filled with MSN messages from others need to talk or help.That setting my MSN
to appear offline helps me get things done or my family can uses my PC without upsetting others who may
need to talk or want help.

Invisble and MSN are great tools at time to help. I can also understand how player feel a guide is there
to help it a little hard to help if player can not see you to ask for your help.

grandmaS
Grand Master

Post by grandmaS » Sun Jan 08, 2006 3:52 pm

I don't use invisible much, but if I get an IM about a nasty nick or a lobby fight and I am not there I will come in invisble at first to see for myself. Many bad nicks RUN when they see blue and it makes it tough to catch them. Players complain about these nicks and coming invisible to zap it works, however once I zap it I go visible so they can SEE who it was and ask to MM etc. if they so choose (same for profiles) For lobby fights I will watch then go visible and issue warnings or silences depending on how bad it was. :roll:

Most times I am visible to all, I like chatting, hugging etc. and when your invisible that is hard to do lol. :D

My MSN is mine, it is not a requirement to be a guide to put players on your MSN or Yahoo or any messenger. I do have many on mine and some have been put on and then later taken off for many reasons, (cussing me, making IM nicks not appropriate for my kids to see, expecting me to be their personal guide etc.) being on my IM is so you can call me when you have a real problem not for every little thing. In other words its a privilage not a right.

That might sound bad but I do have a life outside of SCE. I have a hubby, 4 grown kids, 2 young kids and ten grand kids. When I am in SCE my MSN is always on, if your not on it there is a reason for it. :twisted:

Someone who has played here as long as you have knows the rules, there is really no reason why we should need to warn you when you cross the lines. Most of us still do but no we don't have to. I would say there are at LEAST 75 percent of the players here that have never even recieved a warning. It is up to you as an adult to control your behavior, if you can't or choose not to and get a silence then you have no one to blame but yourself.

I don't personaly do the all the time invisible stuff its not my style, I feel things run smoother when players can see me and it also helps that players can ask me questions. But some guides do like it and do use it alot that is their choice. 8)

Take a deep breath and count to ten before you do something that a guide might have to take action on you :idea: and you will do better overall :)

I am woman I am strong

Intellimouse
Active Poster

Post by Intellimouse » Sun Jan 08, 2006 5:12 pm

There is no reason to hide if u are proud of what u are doing. You can spin it any way you want, but the fact remains you hide from the peeps that need u, love u, and respect u, but u choose to hide so u can avoid a couple of idiots.

HEXA
Grand Master

Post by HEXA » Sun Jan 08, 2006 5:51 pm

It really CHAPS my hyde (PUN) that Charmin toilet paper no longer sells their product in a 4 pack.. You have to buy the HUGE 24 roll-pack that 1) takes up the whole shopping cart and 2) makes it impossible to store it all in the itty bitty under the sink area in the bathroom!!

What's up with that??

:x

Seriously, Mouse hon, i hope you can find peace with this, because it doesnt look like you are going to be soothed. Isnt that what most people want, just a little note that says "you may be right and someone else may just have been wrong?"?

A little sense of courtesy or even soothing where it doesnt look like all the jury clump together and stay on the same side regardless of the instance (or their deep down personal feelings), but instead just one that might go out on a limb, disagree with the others, and take care of the little (somewhat innocent) guy, perhaps just once say

"hey, you werent the bad guy in this scenario, and were obviously treated as it was all your fault, while the other guy, even possibly the instigator/cause and bad guy gets off scott-free (heh another PUN!) I see where you would be angry, and sorry this happened to you, let's see how we can make this right"!!

As i dont think anyone will leave that safe zone, and comfort your feeling of having just been made out the bad guy because you stuck up for yourself against actions far worse in your opinion....

can i offer you a few rolls of paper for your troubles as i have PLENTY!!!
The beauty of a woman grows with the passing years.

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Sun Jan 08, 2006 5:51 pm

It's them that we are trying to catch, the ones that cuss in the lobby when no guide is visible or create other problems with the (most of the time) innocent players. I fully enjoy when Blue or Green talking and playing with the other players. I also found SOME people see a Blue and go on the attack. I use it most often when I'm at work and I am doing other things besides being available to the players. I watch and if someone calls for a Guide I am right there. If I'm going to hang out invisible most of the time I announce it "Ok Dust is going to sleep so ssshhhhush all and be nice" or someone will say ok a Blue here and I'll say "ok, I'm going to hide now, go invisible and while there ask if they can see me or something like that". But they do know when I am on.

JUST DUST

PS - Gives Intell another Blue pill, pod life is not for me......
TO BE OR NOT TO BE..... NOW WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT??? TO BE OF COURSE!!!!!

Intellimouse
Active Poster

Post by Intellimouse » Sun Jan 08, 2006 6:10 pm

I don't care about charmin or anything else u use in your private time. But this Hiding chicken s**t ambush crap needs to stop.

HEXA
Grand Master

Post by HEXA » Sun Jan 08, 2006 6:22 pm

lol well, i tried!
The beauty of a woman grows with the passing years.

grandmaS
Grand Master

Post by grandmaS » Sun Jan 08, 2006 7:55 pm

Nice try Hexa but some want to be right no matter what and as I see it right is if you weren't doing or wanting to do something wrong wouldn't matter if guides or admin were hiding under everytable including the cookie one lol

Hugs and Smiles

I am woman I am strong

omni_555
Grand Master

Post by omni_555 » Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:36 pm

Mouse, you seem to have a hard time getting over this incident.

There is just ONE question to ask here: "WERE you guilty of breaking one of HardWood's rules or NOT?"

If you WERE, then it ends there! Whether the Guide was invisible or not, you got what you deserved.

If on the other hand you were NOT, then take it to SCE and have THEM handle the situation.

There have been reports on this forum of Guides having overstepped their authority a number of times. This will happen whether invisibility is available or not. And the simple fact that one or more Guides MIGHT use invisibility in a manner to enable them to abuse their power is NOT a reason to suggest that it be taken away. Think about it. Has any Guide ever openly abused the power to silence a player, to "Player" a nick, to censor a profile? Should, then, these abilities be taken away from all Guides???

Consider the hidden police cars that populate the roads and highways waiting for a speeder to come along. Sure, SOME might set up in an area where the posting is obscure and people are likely to speed without even realizing it, only to be pulled over and given a ticket. But that is clear abuse of the situation. In some cases these hidden police actually catch speeders that we all see careening up and down the road, but who drive like "little old ladies picking up the grandkids from Sunday School" whenever a police car is visible.

As has been pointed out NUMEROUS times in both THIS thread and many OTHERS, there ARE a great many valid uses for Guides having the ability to be invisible.

And if I might quote the Icy One here:
The Icy One wrote:Bottom line, to use a driving analogy, the only ones worried about where the cops are hiding are the ones who are speeding.
Just_Ice, I wish I had come up with that one first! 8)
Playing games should be FUN - seek out your own level! Don't frustrate others unnecessarily. 8)

FrshVaBreeze
Big Poster

Post by FrshVaBreeze » Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:25 am

Intellimouse wrote:There is no reason to hide if u are proud of what u are doing. You can spin it any way you want, but the fact remains you hide from the peeps that need u, love u, and respect u, but u choose to hide so u can avoid a couple of idiots.
For some reason you are feeling very emotional about this situation. Many logical reasons have been given for being invisible but none have helped you. I guess this is just going to be one of those things you have to get over in time since reasoning doesn't seem to be working for ya.