Deep Breath

LauraAnna
Noob

Post by LauraAnna » Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:46 am

I have heard many others complain about this and I definitely agree there is no time a guide needs to hide. None of the reasons ever given make sense. You are basing your job on discipline instead of assistance. I have nothing to hide nor am guilty of anything, but I do not agree with this invisible mode.

Intellimouse
Active Poster

Post by Intellimouse » Mon Jan 09, 2006 7:28 am

How can there be a logical reason for hiding from the people you decided to help. NO Omni I did not break HW's TOS, I just happen to have a differance of opinion and a guide having a bad day. I sent out a request for a guide and guess what.... No answer, then all the sudden I see the you have been silenced yada yada. I can get over it and I will get past it... but I still think if you are proud of what you are doing, then you don't need to hide.

HotPoker4MyEyePlease
Grand Master

Post by HotPoker4MyEyePlease » Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:57 am

/me blows pepper @ intelli as he takes that deep breath & watches him sneezzzzzzzzzzeeeeeeeeee :lol:
ImageImage

wardet el sa7arah

Speechless
Noob

Post by Speechless » Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:37 am

Hey Intellimouse,

u know what I just have found out?? Even if guides are hidden, they still show up on the list who is playing online :P !!

( Maybe its nothing new, but.. "U can hide but we`ll get ya" :lol: )

<--- got speechless again!!

MAGE
Active Poster

Post by MAGE » Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:11 pm

This seems a very similiar thread to the SHOULD GUIDES BE ABLE TO READ CHAT LOGS ONLINE one. Either I have never given a guide-in-hiding reason to thwak me or the current batch are not the ogres some seem to feel they are. Not unlike the other thread, either you trust them to do right or you do not. Every time I have had to ask a guide to my table they have come in wearing their formal BLUES. Someone said in another posting that the problem calling guides to the table is that the abuse offender immediately acts like an angel while the BLUE GUIDE is present. If called for an abuse issue I sure have wished at those moments that the Guide could have gone back and read for themselves what had been said. But if they came in UNSEEN then, while folks might think they had not responded to the call, they could very likely see 1st hand what was going on.

All power, no matter how relatively minor, CAN be abused. If the level of distrust is such based on the theory even ONE bad apple is too many then the answer is the IGNORE button + filing a report after the game and no such powers to the GUIDES. As for me, they can come into my tables seen or otherwise. I don't try to provoke other players and feel I would only be served by their ability.

Everyone seems to feel the majority of GUIDES, given a sometimes tough job to do, are honorable. If they feel that traveling unseen helps to address issues than so it should be ... and if not, then THEY should speak to the powers that be to revoke the ability. I would trust them to caucus these type of issues (Reading Chat Logs as well) and decide amongst themselves and the administrators which powers they need and which they do not. If to that end these threads can facilitate such a discussion then they are well worth while.
The greatest MAGIC is within each of us
The greatest JOY is sharing it
The greatest SORROW is betraying it

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:15 pm

Nice post Mage...

JUST DUST

PS - Yep an Ogre.... looked in da mirror
TO BE OR NOT TO BE..... NOW WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT??? TO BE OF COURSE!!!!!

MAGE
Active Poster

Post by MAGE » Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:17 pm

DARN .... and I was trying SO hard not to offend anyone... ROFL
The greatest MAGIC is within each of us
The greatest JOY is sharing it
The greatest SORROW is betraying it

HW Angel
Active Poster

Post by HW Angel » Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:44 pm

Speechless I wanted to clarify regarding your post about the "Who Is On Line" list. I rarely am invisible when guiding, however when I am home I will turn on the computer and often log into several of the games - opening screen only. That makes it quicker if somebody ims me to come help them, I can simply click on the room they need help in. I do show up in the list of players of who are on line when only logged into the opening screen. Simply by being on the list does not mean a guide, or any other player, is on line invisible, it means they are logged onto the game.

Very tight angel hugs Intellimouse - thank you for the awesome games last night. :)

Angels Among Us
Active Poster

Post by Angels Among Us » Mon Jan 09, 2006 7:18 pm

Question?

No offense please. :D

Ok, if the object of HW having guides is to assist players, and to eliminate (as much as humanly possible) the trash talk etc, that other game sites have.... then wouldn't you (guides) want to be in the room as blue?

Take this scenario, anyone with a child knows this is a fact...

People will do things mainly when they feel they can get away with it. If a guide is there, chances are MUCH slimmer that a player will "act out". For instance, if you bake some cookies, and tell the children not to touch them until after dinner.
A. You leave the room, (become invisible), the children will MOST likely eat a cookie.
B. You stay in the room, the cookies are safe.

I just personally feel like it would be better to prevent the problem, rather than to try and solve the problem.

Anyhow hugzzzz hope everyones doing great :)

Peace n Love~
ImageImageImage

HEXA
Grand Master

Post by HEXA » Mon Jan 09, 2006 7:31 pm

I see both ways equally effective (affective?) (IMHO).

Guide Hidden.. someone who continues to cause problems may just get caught, finally.

Guide visible.. Deterrent of problems.

ps..I'm sure these have been mentioned.
Last edited by HEXA on Mon Jan 09, 2006 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The beauty of a woman grows with the passing years.

grandmaS
Grand Master

Post by grandmaS » Mon Jan 09, 2006 7:34 pm

No offense taken sweetie, I use invisible only when no guide was in the room to start with so I can come in and see what the other "kids" are complaining about.

Take your example: I have two boys at home ages 9 and 4, I bake a batch of cookies and say don't touch these are for after dinner. Now I get a phone call or heaven forbid have to use the potty, when I return to the room the boys heard me coming and zip over in front of the tv acting all inocent........ I say ok who ate half these cookies?????????? Do you know what answer I get? Can you guess? I either get "it wasn't me" "I love you mom" or "HE DID IT" If I could see through walls I would know which one should be not getting cookies after dinner that night but since I can't what do I do? Neither of them get any? Both do and I remind myself to take the cookies to the bathroom with me in the future? Naw what I do at home is different cause I can read their faces and lol smell their breath.

But in SCE that doesn't work. Visible serves its purposes as you pointed out and anyone who knows me when I am there you can see me 99.9 percent of the time. However invisible also serves its purposes and for that .01 percent you don't need to see me, you just need to behave :)

Hugs and Smiles
The Mostly Visible but ya never know ;)

I am woman I am strong

Primal Instincts
Grand Master

Post by Primal Instincts » Mon Jan 09, 2006 7:45 pm

Sometime's a Guide's visiblity does deter lobby disruption.....but not alway's....as an example.....Last night night in gnome's a reg guide from smoot's came in invisible and reprimanded several in the lobby several time's while invisible the whole time. Altho the player's KNEW he was there.....it didnt stop the fighting etc in the lobby and he was invisible for 15 min's or so.

Sometime's a Guide's presence FUEL'S certain player's to either attack the Guide and get other's involved in it and from what I have observed doesnt really stop much of anything.

Sometime's it's best to go in quietly....handle the situation and watch for VOLATILE situation's that could erupt by a Guide's presence..

It make's no difference to me how they come into a room......Or how they decide to Guide...I would like for them to be able to read game chat tho and maybe be able to WATCH how a game is being played without being seen....
8)
The Wilderness has answers to questions man has not yet learned to ask.

HEXA
Grand Master

Post by HEXA » Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:15 pm

I say ok who ate half these cookies??????????
<chokes back a mouthful of cookies!> and points at the two Image innocent boys, they did it!
The beauty of a woman grows with the passing years.

Angels Among Us
Active Poster

Post by Angels Among Us » Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:18 pm

grandmaS wrote:No offense taken sweetie, I use invisible only when no guide was in the room to start with so I can come in and see what the other "kids" are complaining about.

Take your example: I have two boys at home ages 9 and 4, I bake a batch of cookies and say don't touch these are for after dinner. Now I get a phone call or heaven forbid have to use the potty, when I return to the room the boys heard me coming and zip over in front of the tv acting all inocent........ I say ok who ate half these cookies?????????? Do you know what answer I get? Can you guess? I either get "it wasn't me" "I love you mom" or "HE DID IT" If I could see through walls I would know which one should be not getting cookies after dinner that night but since I can't what do I do? Neither of them get any? Both do and I remind myself to take the cookies to the bathroom with me in the future? Naw what I do at home is different cause I can read their faces and lol smell their breath.

But in SCE that doesn't work. Visible serves its purposes as you pointed out and anyone who knows me when I am there you can see me 99.9 percent of the time. However invisible also serves its purposes and for that .01 percent you don't need to see me, you just need to behave :)

Hugs and Smiles
The Mostly Visible but ya never know ;)
:lol: Good Point :lol:
ps. /me isn't skeered /me is always good :twisted: no really, in Hardwood, I am. :wink:
ImageImageImage

Angels Among Us
Active Poster

Post by Angels Among Us » Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:25 pm

Primal Instincts wrote:

Sometime's a Guide's presence FUEL'S certain player's to either attack the Guide and get other's involved in it and from what I have observed doesnt really stop much of anything.
8)
:? Hmmm, yeah, I guess that's true. Sad, but true. From a mute point, I don't have any issues with the guides. I act the same if they are there, as when they aren't. But, I know that some people just don't like the idea of guides period, so even if the guide happens to be the nicest person in the room, a spark would cause an explosion.

Ok, was just curious about the hiding thingy :) Now I understand better, why you all (guides) have to do it sometimes.

Ok, Bachelor is on, gotta go :D

Have a great night ~n~ Happy Spading!
ImageImageImage