SITE FREEZING PROBS - Anyone else??

VengefulOne

SITE FREEZING PROBS - Anyone else??

Post by VengefulOne » Sun Jul 23, 2006 12:19 pm

Hi,

Lately I have been experiencing total FREEZE UP while playing Spades on Silver Creek, not only the site but my PC as well.

The only way I can rectify the problem is to "cold boot" my machine and log in again. It happens more than once or twice in an evening.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Does anyone have a reason for this, if so HELP. lol

Thanks,

HEXA
Grand Master

Post by HEXA » Sun Jul 23, 2006 12:34 pm

My firewalls play a huge part of my freezing problems, The weather.. Huge storms across the nation tends to seem like a factor sometimes too.

I really dont need 3 separate virus scan program's firewalls.. so disable 1 or two. It helped a lot :)

Very good luck.. Maybe Dust will come by, he sure knows a lot about that stuffs!

xox
Hexa
The beauty of a woman grows with the passing years.

VengefulOne

hmmm

Post by VengefulOne » Sun Jul 23, 2006 12:41 pm

Thanks, I hope someone has an answer because this problem has just started in the past week.

I've tried it on both my PCs with IE and Firefox and still get the same problem.

I look forward to a possible explanation/fix.

Primal Instincts
Grand Master

Post by Primal Instincts » Sun Jul 23, 2006 1:36 pm

Just started happening to me also the last week or so....with a pop up box stating...Spades has a caused a fault in module %#%#...and I use IE and Firefox... 8)
The Wilderness has answers to questions man has not yet learned to ask.

VengefulOne

Interesting.........

Post by VengefulOne » Sun Jul 23, 2006 3:32 pm

I don't get any error message or any warning........ it just stops dead with the screen still up and I "lose" my cursor. Go figure. :roll:

XtesterX
Active Poster

Post by XtesterX » Sun Jul 23, 2006 4:31 pm

any new or recently upgraded software ? new hardware?

VengefulOne

Nope,

Post by VengefulOne » Sun Jul 23, 2006 4:46 pm

no changes whatsoever, other than new batteries in my mouse. :lol:

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Sun Jul 23, 2006 5:31 pm

Not sure if this is PC related or site related at this time now that more than one of you are getting this error.

JUST DUST

PS - trying it out with my login
TO BE OR NOT TO BE..... NOW WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT??? TO BE OF COURSE!!!!!

gary
Active Poster

Post by gary » Sun Jul 23, 2006 8:59 pm

wat i have been gettin is my broadband connection not workin seemingly and just disconnects and i need to reboot my comp to get back online

but on the broadband box the dsl light remains on happens bout 3 times a day but i wudnt say its hrdwd problem probably m ine somewhere

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:22 pm

Sounds like your ISP or could be your modem hanging and timing out. There many test sites. There are many test sites and software some can be located at Majorgeeks.com and are free. Testing this way may also ID a problem with your modem/ISP.

JUST DUST
TO BE OR NOT TO BE..... NOW WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT??? TO BE OF COURSE!!!!!

Nana3
Grand Master

Post by Nana3 » Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:47 am

I started having freeze up problems little over a week ago I thought it was my computer and it still may be, I got on my old puter in the bedroom and it didn't freeze, now I am back on the other one and the frreze ups and getting booted still happens some but not as much as it did, one night it was so bad I had to get on my other computer,
I was ready to junk this one completely. and still might.

"When nothing is sure, everything is possible."
- Margaret Drabble

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:00 am

At this point I would try reloading the HW software first to make sure it isn't a program file corruption. Save your binds and user names prior to uninstalling the program. Uninstall the program, do not just reload the program because this does not always fix a corrupt file problem. Be sure to reboot before re-installing the program (just what you should do when re-installing any program). Reinstall the program and make sure you download the updates from the "HELP" menu.

I would reccommend running the program prior to loading your nics and binds to make sure there is not a corruption in those files first. Play a few games and verify the program is running good. You can then reload your name and bind files before you run the program again.

JUST DUST

PS - GL

Tater
Active Poster

Post by Tater » Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:49 am

If a Yahoo affiliate is your ISP (i.e ATT, SBC), they been wacky the last couple of weeks try'n to merge Yahoo messenger with MSN messenger. It may not be your system at all. Also couple of mean little trojens circulating right now as well. Dunno, but run adaware or/and all spyware programs 1st, then follow Mr. Dust post on reloading a corrupt program.

VengefulOne

Thanks

Post by VengefulOne » Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:24 am

Thanks Tater,

I don't use Yahoo or any of their affiliates, I've also done Spyware, Adware and virus scans...... all clean. :(

I haven't removed or reinstalled the software for Spades yet because I'm not sure what he means by saving whatever he called that thing. :oops:

Tater
Active Poster

Post by Tater » Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:14 pm

Then just reload HW on to top of wut you have, if your unsure.