Just Dont Get It

jj

Just Dont Get It

Post by jj » Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:24 am

Im confused...

why do 2 people do the exact same crime and 1 gets a warning the other gets a ban.

why do 2 people have the same general record, and one gets a warning and the other gets a life ban.

why do 2 people have different records...one speaks to no one besides hi and gl and they get a life ban, while the other calls people scrubs and other nicer names i for sure cannot mention anywhere in this site, and they get their life ban lifted?

hmmmm....need another snitch? cept i dont snitch on friends even if im mad at them for the day!

:?

Just_Ice
Grand Master

Post by Just_Ice » Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:17 am

Sorry about that jj. It can be frustrating. But, I know the good people at SCE aren't out to get you. Mistakes are made; no system is perfect.

Send your concern to support@silvercrk.com and hopefully they'll make it right.

Best of luck.

kalles

Post by kalles » Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:20 am

hi it is possibl for none crimenals to fightit with one or it is two crimenals for one but it know started with son so wrong ballsack loseded

XtesterX
Active Poster

Post by XtesterX » Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:41 pm

yea, what she said......

Stand By Me
Noob

Post by Stand By Me » Sat Aug 12, 2006 7:23 pm

I agree with JJ, I think aswell as everyone else knows who the player whom got the life ban lifted is. I don't believe its fair nor is it right to do such a thing. Everyone on this site should be treated equally according to the so called "SEC". Why should a life ban be lifted if a certain individual didn't even stay banned for a few days before coming back and creating new nics during the time in which, that person was suppose to be banned. But, I suppose this is much more of a dictatorship and ruins the once so good hardwood name. Especially, doing favors to those that are known for nothing but, notorious and wicked deeds. Why not say to heck with it and simply lift everyones ban. :roll:

grandmaS
Grand Master

Post by grandmaS » Sun Aug 13, 2006 12:39 am

UM its SCE/Silver Creek Entertainment :)

99 percent of the bans are after many chances are given, or someone does something so outragious that there is no excuse for it possible.

Once in awhile a mistake is made, in which case admin checks it out and finds that error.

Only Admin can do bans, not guides, not greeters, not players and ONLY Admin can undo a ban.

I am woman I am strong

Runt
Active Poster

Post by Runt » Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:03 am

What I don't get is why people feel it's somehow their business the way SCE* takes care of their bans and various other things? They obviously are bright individuals, they created this place for us to play, and they seem to be decent people.

A lot of players in the wood go around fishing for information on who's banned, who's unbanned and why. What are the reasons? So they can come to the forum and complain about unfairness? Last time I was in the lobby, it was apparent not everyone acts the same in Hardwood, so how can they treat people completely equally?

Bottom line is until you work for SCE it really is none of your business nor anyone elses on how they handle things. So why even worry with it?

And even more why come to the forum and bash "the player everyone knows". Since we all know who that is refering to, isn't that pretty much mentioning names? And isn't that against the rules of the forum? Big difference between hypothetical situations and this.

Just my opinion of course... I am sick to death of coming to the forum and seeing all these crude posts about other people. This is a game forum I thought, private issues are supposed to be emailed to support not brought here. Maybe I'm wrong...
http://www.runtified.com/hwindex.html
Chat Alias Download | Bind Help | Everything Hardwood

Butterfly
Active Poster

Post by Butterfly » Sun Aug 13, 2006 7:28 am

you know runt

tos rules are for who? ahhh everybody? um, dats my opinion :lol:

I say if you break a rule there is a penalty, and this penalty applies to everybody.

I also feel some players deserve a 2nd chance and surely, others, do not.

me personally, never give a rats behind who gets banned, or who gets their banns lifted, unless of course it affects me!

XtesterX
Active Poster

Post by XtesterX » Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:39 am

I, for one, have no idea who y'all are takin bout, nor do I care..

but, I think what jj's refering to is NOT the rules, but the enforcement of them...

the way Hardwood currently acts, leaves the PERCEPTION of unfairness,
as some APPEAR to be treated more harshly than others...

we are asked to TRUST.....

which is hard to do, givin how diff guides handle diff situations...

I do understand the frustration some feel...

been there ....

many times...

Vidurr
Active Poster

Post by Vidurr » Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:35 am

I might not understand the system...

But is there only one source of information regarding a Ban or UnBan ? i.e. that being the player only ?

Or does HW give that information out to another player who may have complained about someone ? Does HW tell people, the issue is resolved, we banned them ?

Or does HW tell the Guides....player was Banned or UnBanned ?

Miffed
Noob

Post by Miffed » Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:14 am

Out for someone, <good comment>
One thing, after all these years, I find to be true.
Some get answers, some are tossed a side, no answers, no responses.
Some find out, by the gossip ring; what is going on, or what they want to be said. Who knows on gossip.
If you are going to let one banned player back, that has broken every rule possible, why not let them all back?(even though they played the entire time of life ban)
TOS (other than swearing) is very stretched by so many. One says no, the other says, it's okay; all have their own opinions as to how it should be.
60% of the regular players here, have a "need" to know, who someone is. They'll find a way, make a way, create a way, to say, that person is so and so. When in fact 98% of the time, the players that had to know, were wrong. But, keep in mind, they don't want many to know about their lives.

Back in the day, it didn't matter who you were. It mattered if you had game or not. It never got this personal, you didn't have players "OUT" for you.
Attacks in the lobby were over games.
With technology, came cams, messenger with voice, messenger with an area to put pictures.
Someone forgot to tell adults, when you said that or put that picture in there. There was a 17 to 18 yr. old on the other side.
Inside this card game, came all that technology, which brought about, all the personal attacks, all the gossip.
I say, do away with lobby banter, chatter, attacks. Or move it separate from where the games are played, dual screen. You should only be allowed to ask for a partner or say Hi, not hundreds of times, once is enough.
With limited lobby chat, per person. Can you imagine, how nice it would be in the lobby, "again?"
Amen and pass the ammunition.

Joe Andrews
Active Poster

"Ultimate Arena"

Post by Joe Andrews » Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:37 am

Nice post, "Miffed"! Great comments!

Very interesting topic!

I do agree that all of the bashing, rambling diatribes, personal attacks, and negative commentary should be relegated, err.... assigned to a separate Forum. Such garbage certainly does NOT belong in the Main Spades Forum area. There are too many nice people who care about Spades, and the fun side of the game. Why subject them to negativity?

Perhaps the new Forum should be called "No Holds Barred Ultimate Basher's Arena". It could be modeled after the popular Cable TV Network - Ultimate fighting show. LOL :lol:

Then, if someone has a gripe about a player or HW, he/she could let it all hang out (without profanity) in the "Ultimate Basher's Arena".

And - we would not have to sift through never-ending threads featuring allegations of cheating, accusations of bad conduct, gripes about guides, juicy gossip about personal lives, more allegations regarding favorable treatment of certain privileged individuals, and so forth, aud nauseum,

- UNLESS OF COURSE WE CHOOSE TO VISIT THE ULTIMATE FORUM!

After all, we have choices at the Newsstand or the broadcast media. -And there are many who like to read the gossip tabloids, or watch those zany TV shows with the bouncers and rehearsed "skits".

Silvercreek was intended to be a Family oriented site providing entertaining games and informative, stimulating, clean discussion on its
Main Spades Forum. Is this still possible within the current rules/ guidelines?

XtesterX
Active Poster

Post by XtesterX » Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:06 am

we called it 'the arena' at another site.. :shock:

Cadienne
Active Poster

Post by Cadienne » Sun Aug 13, 2006 12:45 pm

How does one know when or if someone else was/ is banned?
SCE does not inform anyone (including guides) except the player themselves about being banned with all other information about it.
Actions are only between SCE and the player. As it should be. The rest is gossip and hearsay - meaning none of our business.

Stepping off soap box now.
If you want the rainbow, you have to pass through the rain.

Tater
Active Poster

Post by Tater » Sun Aug 13, 2006 12:50 pm

I have the utmost respect for the staff of SCE, and the site. I have however personally witnessed the buddy system with regards to silencing, kicks, and bans. I agree the TOS should be the only deciding fator, not the opinions or interpretations of others. I mean no disrespect, just my two cents.