watta matta

Tater
Active Poster

watta matta

Post by Tater » Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:04 pm

since when do we have to throw a card as soon as we see one hit? cant we look at our hand mull it over, make an idiotic decision before we throw the next one? A timed game gives more leeway the some peeps. hurry hurry, call a guide....... no I'm thinking, thats all. this speed thing is getting ridiculous

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:21 am

Thinking is required to play well..... in any game.

JUST DUST
TO BE OR NOT TO BE..... NOW WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT??? TO BE OF COURSE!!!!!

SybiL
Grand Master

Post by SybiL » Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:10 pm

Yes and no. Thinking is required YES, but, in a timed game, letting timer run out every single time, sounds pretty rude to me.

I don't know if what happened was that you did let timer run out once or on every hand.

If it was on every hand or in many hands then yes I think that's not gonna be well taken, to me it would be pretty annoying.

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:39 pm

A timed game I would think it would be wrong on each card especially if your winning at the time that the slowdown occurs, however if you played that way the whole game, one you probally choose the wrong game to play because this will get people upset. If playing a timed game I would also make sure I had set "TIMEOUT".

JUST DUST
TO BE OR NOT TO BE..... NOW WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT??? TO BE OF COURSE!!!!!

Tater
Active Poster

Post by Tater » Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:50 pm

Thats not what I saying, some peeps are down right rude if a card does not get thrown immediately. Even a timed game allows a few seconds to make a desision. Stalling a game is definately rude without a doubt.

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:25 pm

Yes I agree Tater

JUST DUST

HEXA
Grand Master

Post by HEXA » Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:37 pm

I would think it would be wrong on each card especially if your winning at the time that the slowdown occurs,
Hey! Winners have to think about the cards/plays too, Dust.

ps.. j/k I knew what ya meant ;)

Hexa
The beauty of a woman grows with the passing years.

omni_555
Grand Master

Post by omni_555 » Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:50 pm

MOST of the time when I am playing I try to anticipate the card I am going to play. Usually, when it is my turn to play, it seldom takes more than a couple of seconds for me to confirm my choice and play that card.

However, there are situations that arise when an unexpected or unanticipated situation comes up in the game, and a little time is required to mull over what to do next. You may have to gather your thoughts to try to determine what the cards already played are telling you, to try to remember what cards in a particular suit are still unplayed, etc.

However, such situations should occur rather infrequently. If a player is requiring a minute or so to decide on each and every play, then maybe he is in the wrong game.

I'm not trying to knock players who are handicapped for some reason, but such a factor should be revealed to the other players. For instance, if a player in a game I am in takes what seems to be an excessive amount of time for every play, I will quickly get rather irritated. However, if I am told up front that this player is suffering from some problem (like arthritis, for instance) that makes it difficult for him to make timely plays, then I will make allowances for that.

Bottom line, we all have to make certain allowances at times for other players. But there is a point where our patience - especially if uninformed of a valid reason for certain actions - can be severely tested. 8)
Playing games should be FUN - seek out your own level! Don't frustrate others unnecessarily. 8)

Primal Instincts
Grand Master

Post by Primal Instincts » Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:31 pm

Exactly Omni.....I have had game's were as soon as the card's were dealt a player yelled....PLAY.......While everyone else was still bidding....I will take a slow player's ping into account as well as being patient....as long as it isnt redundant and with a normal ping.... 8)

The Wilderness has answers to questions man has not yet learned to ask.

lastrahm
Active Poster

Player's abuse

Post by lastrahm » Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:19 am

The problem that I run into sometimes is a player actually abusing the time to think. I have had some players admit that they are doing it just to annoy the other players.

The one thing that I don't get is why some players feel they have to think or stall when it is the last card in the hand. There is only one card to play, so why stall? Are they trying to find the missing card in their sleeve? LOL
:shock:
LAS

omni_555
Grand Master

Post by omni_555 » Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:46 pm

...Good point lastrahm!!! I have often wondered why the last card of the hand isn't just AUTOMATICALLY played. I have all my games set up so that if there is only one possible play that can be made, it is made automatically. Don't really see any good reason for holding things up!!! 8)
Playing games should be FUN - seek out your own level! Don't frustrate others unnecessarily. 8)