who's on first!

MELOVEULONGTIME2
Noob

Post by MELOVEULONGTIME2 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:49 am

Thank you Ice for your post....here is what was said .
" GrandmaS could you please come to our game a player is here using RACIAL SLUR'S and abandon this game" not blah blah blah...and as I have stated BEFORE....It was my understanding that I did nothing wrong as I was told "TO CUT AND PASTE INFRACTIONS".

Circle the wagons it seems the road most traveled by the guides. But, for one minute if one of you could think outside the box (the road less traveled) and see as a lay person having been given BAD ADVICE by one of your own. How this plays out for me. Why do you think I titled my post here ?(Whos on first?)

When the Guide silenced me she told me why ten minutes after doing so, That my post was not allowed. If i was ill-informed by one of the guides this is my fault??? I think not.

At best I should have been WARNED. The muting of my text just further gives weight to the fact there is no coherence in the way punishment is handed out as I stated before "it sways".

If Jason or anyone else deems what I did or said is offense punishable by banning then so be it. However after closer review I am sure they will see it was not the case since I was only doing what I was told by one of the guides long ago. I had an issue simular to this come up before and was advised to handle it as such.....SO WHO'S ON FIRST??? .

What rules are we enforceing today and which ones (depending on who said or did whatever) are we not going to enforce.

There has to be consistentency I have seen others including myself given a strong reprimand for doing what others have gotten away with. I am not going to go there I promise. Consistentency in rules and regulations and how said rules will be enforced is the key some receive heavy hands ,others not so heavy and some a hug and a nod of compliance for behavior that should be slammed.

grandmaS
Grand Master

Post by grandmaS » Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:13 am

Yes that is what you said in the lobby but what you said in the game was a copy and paste of the players words, again the reason for the rule is copy and paste can be altered, and like Ice said if we were to take those many people could get silenced that were totally inocent. And only later when the chat was checked would it be learned that the person doing the copy and paste had altered it.

As far as the person saying they love me, I don't remember that but its highly possible, you can ask just about anyone, many love me in their own way, some say they do hoping to get favor others mean it, but if they step over the line I will silence them and take appropriate action.

Being the one who calls a guide to the table doesn't automatically make you in the right. If that were the case, then everyone who is wrong would call a guide to the table and blame the others. We have to go by what we SEE happening.

If you were ill advised by a guide I am sorry, one reason I left this post here is so players can see that copy and paste at a public game table is wrong also in the lobby is wrong, please don't do it. Just because you wanted the table abandoned doesn't mean the guide can do that. Chat, that is wrong gets silenced not a game abandoned. How would you like it if you and your pard were winning and the opps cussed at the table and I came in and abandoned the game? I don't think you would be too happy with me. If that is how it worked, when a person was losing they would call me to say someone was cussing and get the game abandoned.

I am woman I am strong

Tater
Active Poster

Post by Tater » Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:17 am

I wuvs ya! :oops:

MELOVEULONGTIME2
Noob

Post by MELOVEULONGTIME2 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:17 am

Ice,
Under the guise of what you are stating it would be easy enough to find out if someone is making up post. I am saying" you can (Jason or Jonas) check the text from any game or lobby at any given time correct?.

With a situation like this a Guide would file a report then giving the power(s) that be a base line, a starting point to investigate further.

I have moved on I vented I shared let the chips fall where they may. If nothing else this is a learning chance for others who are new to Hardwood spades. Too take notice of what could happen when you take the advice of a Guide or when you try and do the right thing(shine a light on racist players here) you could become a target yourself...hummmmmm :?: That is heavy !

MELOVEULONGTIME2
Noob

Post by MELOVEULONGTIME2 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:21 am

GrandmaS,

she said..." YOU LOVED HER AND DIDN'T CARE "...NOT SHE loved you! giving the aire that you and she are buddies. And the fact that she was allowed to continue with the ugliness just gave weight to that.

In all fairness you did explain why she was allowed to go on (still a mystery to me) since from the time you arrived she never stopped her rudeness.

I guess it takes all kinds...

Cadienne
Active Poster

Post by Cadienne » Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:19 pm

When new to Hardwood the site rules should be read. They can be found here.
http://www.silvercrk.com/server_rules.htm

This is what would make me ask the guide if I could paste what was said before I would just do it, no matter who told me what before.

16. Do Not Announce Quitters/Cheaters or Make Any Other Derogatory Player Comments In The Lobby:

If you feel someone is cheating, has quit, or has done something inappropriate in general do not announce your opinion in the lobby or any other public way. Instead please use the in-game report system, and if you choose make a note not to play with the individual in the future. It causes tension in the lobby and falls under the concept of a Lobby Disruption which is not a good thing and can lead to action being taken against you. In general, if you are upset, it's best to give yourself some time before making comments, they usually are much better received.

Hope this helps
If you want the rainbow, you have to pass through the rain.

MELOVEULONGTIME2
Noob

Post by MELOVEULONGTIME2 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:59 pm

To the last post
......Consistentency in rules and regulations and how said rules will be enforced is the key some receive heavy hands ,others not so heavy and some a hug and a nod of compliance for behavior that should be slammed.

Also I did not post the LOBBY and again I was doing as I WAS INSTRUCTED defend away the actions...... it is what it is!

I tried to be informative and got slammed for doing so, God knows I have seen worst done in the LOBBY and again depends on who is the wrong doer and how they are treated(punished) or better yet how they are not!

My infraction (I will call it that) did not warrant a silence , a warning but, the heavy hand I recieved was not warranted. Circle the wagons and explain away actions is the order of the day or always when a guide is questioned or the actions they took are!

Let us not forget what was the issue the got this thing started.
Me trying to get help with a player attempting to use the N word.

Only one person has address that Hex everyone else who has replied to my post really has said nothing about that ????Interesting to say the least the concern is more for the guides rep instead of the fact that the player is clearly a racist....wow I am always amazed at what I learn on daily basis!

grandmaS
Grand Master

Post by grandmaS » Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:35 pm

I did address the issue of the racial comments YOU SAID the player said, I can no more take your word (or copy and paste for it, which can be altered and has in the past been done) then I could theirs if they said they didn't say it but you did. I can and did report that player, your copy and pasting again subjected the players to the racist remark which was not neccessary or requested. You were silenced for copying and pasting a racist remark, the player you were complaining about got a silence for being rude as he/she made no such remarks in MY presence, however in my report I asked that his/her chat be checked as it was reported to me that he/she had made a racist remark. AS I have already told you that is all that needed to be said, player so and so made a racist remark, at which point I would have stayed to see if they were going to make more or behave and asked you to report it and I too would have reported asking for a check of his/her chat.

What you did was wrong on many levels, and its easy to say a previous guide instructed you to do anything, heck I am a current guide and hear from time to time my name is being dropped and it will be something that I never do and never have in all my years guiding and playing on the site. But hey I am a well known guide and some feel that saying grandmaS said ........... will get another guide to do something they shouldn't, it always gets back to me :), Now its possible and ex guide told you to do something that is against the rules, I have no way of knowing what an exguide did or did not do, its also possible that they didn't and like the player who you said proclaimed their love for me, didn't get any breaks for it neither did your statement after the fact that some exguide told you to subject the players of that game to that comment a second time.

I have given you an oppertunity to post here and give your side, I have given mine, players have given theirs its time to end this and in the end I hope you learned at least not to copy and paste in the lobbys or at game tables. And have learned how to properly handle this type of situation should it ever again arise.

I am woman I am strong