Colts or Bears?

Dead Presidents
Active Poster

Colts or Bears?

Post by Dead Presidents » Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:09 pm

I kno this is a spades forum...and we always talk about fun and its the main reason we play...well lets set aside politics for this topic...and have fun with everyones response.

Colts or Bears?

Who do you choose and why?
Spades is a beautiful thing.

HEXA
Grand Master

Post by HEXA » Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:19 pm

Bears :)

because their uniform is better looking

(had to ask my husband what they both looked like)

xox
Hexa
The beauty of a woman grows with the passing years.

Cadienne
Active Poster

Post by Cadienne » Sat Jan 27, 2007 5:49 pm

Colts

because the Bears cheat

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: (jk)

(<-- Saints fan)
If you want the rainbow, you have to pass through the rain.

Wildest Child

Post by Wildest Child » Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:04 pm

B E A R S!

Galt
Grand Master

Post by Galt » Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:29 pm

Growing up outside of Chicago, I must say Da Bears. I think that going in as an underdog will help them.

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:32 pm

COLTS

JUST DUST

PS - by 4
TO BE OR NOT TO BE..... NOW WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT??? TO BE OF COURSE!!!!!

sandbar
Guide

Post by sandbar » Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:38 pm

I love all animals :wink: :wink:

Tater
Active Poster

Post by Tater » Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:36 am

I just traveled from Wichita Ks to upstate NY, and I gots to share this story I heard on talk radio. (remember that scalpers are getting $5000.00 + for tickets) "An Illinois man said if he could get a ticket, he would mortgage his home, and postpone his wedding to go to the Superbowl" I would ask how someone could be so be so stupid But it would be easier to bet he won't have to worry about a wedding

theounce
Noob

Post by theounce » Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:49 am

colts :D

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:22 pm

I was wrong...... picked Colts by 4..... it was by 12.... Sorry ALL

JUST DUST

PS - Daughter's boyfriend hated it when I apologized to him.

PS - RUB,RUB,RUB,RUB.......... SALT,SALT,SALT,SALT>>>
TO BE OR NOT TO BE..... NOW WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT??? TO BE OF COURSE!!!!!

Joe Andrews
Active Poster

Colts Blue

Post by Joe Andrews » Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:53 pm

I am a Patriots fan, as I have lived in Boston since my early childhood. However, I am thrilled that the Colts won the Super Bowl. This continues the AFC superiority over the NFC, and truly stamps Peyton Manning, as one of the great QB's of the modern era. Now, he has his Ring, and will go into the Hall of Fame as a Champion. One must feel so sorry for Dan Marino, the Dolphins legend, who had wonderful numbers, and just could not get that Super Bowl Ring.....

I am happy for the city of Indianpolis, and their fans, who have the chance to celebrate their first major pro sports Championship. Rock on, Indy! In Boston, we were so fortunate to have three Super Bowl wins and a World Series title in four years, and it made me proud of my football and baseball teams.

And, finally, special kudos to Tony Dungy and Lovee Smith, the first two African American coaches to make it to the Super Bowl. These are truly great coaches, who paid their dues in the NFL, and who motivated their teams via the high road, and not by intimidation, abuse, or excessive profanities.

Every so often, in life, we need a distraction from the real world, and this is one of those times...

Colts Blue - through and through!

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:38 pm

I have a friend at work that is a Pats fan....... I told him they didn't score in this Superbowl but neither did my hometown Buffalo Bills.

JUST DUST

PS - Not in Buffalo area anymore, but still my team.

Just_Ice
Grand Master

Post by Just_Ice » Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:22 pm

Hey, Joe...

I, too, was glad to see the Manning's get a ring. As long as the other Manning plays for the Giants, I'll never want him to do anything but lose.

Need I remind you that the NFC won 13 Superbowls in a row with 7 different teams, and they won 15 out of 16 during that stretch. That was the most dominant either conference has been in Sperbowl history. Since then, the AFC is 8 of 10, but still not up to the dominance the NFC showed. In particular, the NFC East has sent a team to 18 Superbowls, far more than their share.

It seems to cycle. Many of the NFC coaches dring that 13 win period (who seemed to prefer the run game and defense) moved to the AFC (who seemed to prefer the wide open air game and blitzing for pass rush). I think the coaching shift led to a lot of the change during the mid 90's, and to the AFC dominance you're seeing now.

Anyway, it'll be Dallas' turn to dominate again soon, so all you haters get out your cry towls again!

And, you MUST go to the Cowboy's web site and check out their new stadium already under construction. That's http://www.dallascowboys.com. There's a link to some fantastic pictures and videos of this one of a kind venue.

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:28 am

Dallas has a football team?????

LOL

JUST DUST

theounce
Noob

Post by theounce » Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:28 am

Dallas just hired Wade Phillips as their head coach. LOL. Must I say this is a one year deal until Jason Garrett can coach the team. I know if I was an owner I would want to do the hands on approach too. Just Al Davis and Jerry Jones don't have the understanding of what it takes these days, and the proof is in the product they put on the field.

Broncos in the near future. Let me not jinx them by saying 2008. :-)