Out with the old in with the new

should guides have a twoyear shelf life in that job?

and should the players vote in the guides they think should police them?
25%
Should the guides be up for evaluation by the players every two years
75%

Total votes: 4

00s00goood
Active Poster

Out with the old in with the new

Post by 00s00goood » Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:18 am

Hello All Hardwood Spaders,

I'd like to take a Poll and see how many of you feel the guides should have the position of Guide for two years only ?
I think the Guides should roatate in and out new blood brings a fresh face and attitude to the Hardwood spades lobby and would greatly improve the exp for all!.
Also I think the players should decide who is policeing them not the guides. So please vote maybe Jonas or Jason will listen. Or I could be wrong maybe I am the only person who feels a fresh faces and fresh attitudes are needed.
Or here is a way also, every two years they are then subjected to Evaluation by the players(vote) to keep the Guide job? something to consider?

I just think somthing needs to happen to bring more order and continuity to the way the players are goverened this might be the only way!
Just here to play!

Tater
Active Poster

Post by Tater » Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:02 pm

I for one think the guides (all but 1) do a great job considering they give their time freeley for a thankless job filled with idiots (dont go off at idiots I consider myself 1 & God knows I've crossed swords with almost all of them over the years, by my own choosing ) I've seen plenty come and go, so the trouble with replacing them is simply you stand a greater chance of getting worse. We have the ones we have now trained, so leave it at that. IMHO :roll:

Dead Presidents
Active Poster

Post by Dead Presidents » Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:22 pm

all the guides are good at there job except. *SNIP*

But thats just my opinion.
Spades is a beautiful thing.

Tater
Active Poster

Post by Tater » Sat Feb 03, 2007 2:39 pm

must be contagious, or you're a mind reader

Blueee

Post by Blueee » Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:06 pm

Yes i agree all are good except *SNIP*:(

00s00goood
Active Poster

sigh!

Post by 00s00goood » Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:03 pm

Thanks for your input all,
However, I don't want to slam Guides I just think there needs to be a change in the guards from time to time. So please don't attack them personally *SNIP* or otherwise. Let your vote speak volumes about how you feel.
FYI The Guide you spoke of is one of the few I do think does a wonderful job and is very fair. Thank you again and please vote...or not!
Just here to play!

grandmaS
Grand Master

Post by grandmaS » Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:03 pm

Well you didn't exactly give them the option to vote no I like the guides fine, or the system is working for me, or anything but the options that you think are good.
:roll:

I am woman I am strong

Tater
Active Poster

Post by Tater » Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:02 pm

I love playing at HW, even though I don't always agree with their desisions, I really don't see anything that needs to be fixed, the staff works hard to keep it user & family friendly. Your poll is biased, where is a box to mark no?

Tater
Active Poster

Post by Tater » Sun Feb 04, 2007 7:35 am

Me thinks GrandmawS traded her woodenspoon in for pinking shears.

grumpie
Grand Master

Post by grumpie » Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:53 am

Can i as old guide vote to LOL j/k :twisted:

grumpie_girl

Primal Instincts
Grand Master

Post by Primal Instincts » Sun Feb 04, 2007 1:25 pm

I think all the guides we currently have are just fine.... 8)

PS
I MISS YOU GRUMPERS
The Wilderness has answers to questions man has not yet learned to ask.

Cadienne
Active Poster

Post by Cadienne » Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:21 pm

No
If you want the rainbow, you have to pass through the rain.

Primal Instincts
Grand Master

Post by Primal Instincts » Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:36 pm

I vote NO as well.......wheres that option for the question btw.....rofl 8)
The Wilderness has answers to questions man has not yet learned to ask.

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:53 pm

In My opinion the Owners have the right to do what They feel is right for the site..... it is also not an option to select. You as a player have the right to file a report on any Guide you feel abuse their tools to keep the peace and make this a fun place to play without the abuse from the FEW that feel THEY are more important than others.

JUST DUST

PS - That is who the guides answer too and the additional rules that we abide by. The Owners give us direction of what they expect in return of our service.
TO BE OR NOT TO BE..... NOW WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT??? TO BE OF COURSE!!!!!

HEXA
Grand Master

Post by HEXA » Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:10 am

I just think somthing needs to happen to bring more order and continuity to the way the players are goverened this might be the only way!

I do think there are people who just arent cut out for the job of "governing" others.

I think first and foremost guides are here to help players with their questions and anything else they need. Ive personally seen a lot less time being given to helping players and more time popping in to end quarrels, warn and silence them and leave again.

But, I totally disagree with the ideas you posted for many reasons.

The word "you" used below doesnt mean you personally, I use it loosely for lack of a better word.. Anyone, everyone, us, we, players, members is what I am meaning. So please dont misunderstand :wink:

1) I imagine Jason and Jonas do their own evaluating, as there is at least one (if not more) x-guide who was asked to resign.

2) Ive been here a long time, I see guides who have a compassion for what they do and only continue to grow with the experience. They make mistakes, and learn from them like EVERY human being on Earth does. Cutting the experience to only two years would eliminate the potential of having awesome guides who have grown with experiences.

3) Allowing members to evaluate guides could possibly bring all kinds of revengeful untruths, and biased evaluations. (Some players cannot even play a simple card game with honesty)

4) You seem to have this all backwards. It isnt the players who have to get along with guides. Players have to get along with players. Guides have to get along with other guides, as they work together as a team. So it makes sense to have guides vote in guides and admin make final call. Of course, it probably is important to at least be liked (respected?) by a majority of regular players.

If a player cannot get along with a guide he/she just has to act right, mute, and avoid needing "guided" It's pretty simple. You arent going to like every person you come into contact with, whether it be HW or everyday life, You are going to disagree with people. That's life. You are only asked to be civil to your fellow hardwoodian (whether player or guide) or avoid them. Mute works.

5) If a guide or player is doing something you disagree with, FILE A REPORT. and read #1 above again.

ps.. Maybe it is the players who need to be on a prohbation period and then evaluated, I never seem to understand why a bunch of adults cannot follow a few simple rules of common sense. Why is it they should have to be "governed" at all? Cursing, insulting, profanity, cheating, arguing.. These are pretty simple "don't do" rules. Dont ya think?

xox
Hexa
Last edited by HEXA on Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The beauty of a woman grows with the passing years.