You're a Cheater

kiss00this
Active Poster

You're a Cheater

Post by kiss00this » Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:01 pm

Anyone who plays partners knows what comes along with playing partners.. The constant accusation of being a cheater.

Just about every day that I play, I'm accused of cheating. Maybe the very first time, I took it as a compliment, but now I am plain burnt out. I can honestly say that I have had moments while playing, and how the game is going, I know what cards I should play, but in the back of my mind I know the other team is going to say CHEAT. Why should I dumb-down my playing ability to accomodate the "mediocre" player?

The rules of the game are easy but the play takes a lot of skill.

I've been playing hearts for almost ten years. I've been playing at HH since 2002 and Im only 22. I've always chosen to play partner games because I find it funner being on a team. Not because it's "easier" but because it's funner. FUN. That's why I'm here, to have fun.

Maybe if other players knew my history, they wouldn't automatically assume that cheating is at play. I know there are other players that feel the same way as I do. I do believe that 99% of the time, there is actually NO cheating involved at HH. My opinion.

Another thing that bothers me..Why is it some players won't even play 1700+ ratings? I only got better by playing better opponents. I actually prefer a challenge! I guess everyone is a little different, maybe some don't like to think too hard while playing.. but c'mon, you are playing hearts.. it REQUIRES thinking!

If ya don't got it by now, I guess ya never will.

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:09 pm

Your Cheating.... you took all the red ink in your post and there is nothing left for me, that's cheating......

JUST DUST
TO BE OR NOT TO BE..... NOW WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT??? TO BE OF COURSE!!!!!

Brodo
Active Poster

Post by Brodo » Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:46 am

You're not Your

dannyman

kelsey's english

Post by dannyman » Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:11 am

more fun not funner :lol:

Memphoman
Active Poster

Post by Memphoman » Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:31 am

Well, 1st thing that needs to be done is remove all the partnership passing instructions out of the profiles. They are basically codes for what ones hand contains. IF your concerned about being labelled a "cheater" then place the offending player(s) on your DNP list and move on. My DNP list is quite long and grows longer nearly every day. I exclusively play "lowman", advertise for such in my request for players. Players that don't or just play to make a particular player finish last get added. Will never get any better, just something one must put up with. AND, perhaps HWH should add a spell checker so as not to offend the sensibilities of some.

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:30 pm

Spelz chex

JUST DUST
TO BE OR NOT TO BE..... NOW WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT??? TO BE OF COURSE!!!!!

HEXA
Grand Master

Post by HEXA » Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:47 pm

I prefer rice chex :wink:

xox
Hexa
The beauty of a woman grows with the passing years.

Memphoman
Active Poster

Post by Memphoman » Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:49 pm

no lack of comedians...

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Sat Jun 30, 2007 5:24 am

Only a part-time job Memph.........

JUST DUST

Primal Instincts
Grand Master

Post by Primal Instincts » Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:20 am

I prefer chexers over harts..........heh 8)
The Wilderness has answers to questions man has not yet learned to ask.

UnChain my Hart57
Big Poster

Post by UnChain my Hart57 » Sun Jul 01, 2007 7:44 am

As in anything there is a certain element that will cheat, just for the sake of being dishonest. I deal with the accusations everyday. Some warranted, some not. I do agree that the only way to get better at anything is to practice and compete with those better than yourself. Like Mempho said a list of " don't play this player" works very well in conjunction with the ignore button. jus one man's opinion. jf

sandbar
Guide

Post by sandbar » Sun Jul 01, 2007 5:59 pm

Who are the cheaters trying to kid, :roll: we all know the only reason they have gotten where they are, is not because they are some of the best card players here, it's because they cheated. If they played legitimately I wonder what rating they would have then?
My thoughts here are that because they lack the ability to strategise and play well, they need to cheat.
I taught my kids from an early age that if you cheat, you are only cheating yourselves, it will not show your own true abilitity. 8)

Most of the players in here don't cheat there are only a few who are rotten apples, the rest of us just enjoy beating the ummmmmm you- know-what out of the opposition, :lol: (when we can)

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:20 am

I have yet to see or know anyone that has profited from having a high rating.... so in that respect why would anyone cheat.... most cases they sooner or later get caught and get a free vacation.

"Oh look at my high rating, boy am I good" --- and do you really feel good knowing you didn't earn it???

Most people here are not impressed by a high rating and just came here to play a good game and have fun doing it.

JUST DUST

PS - I also believe that cheaters really never win, in their mind they do but we know all they do is hurt themselves, they become distrusted, outcasts and end out with fewer friends then they would have had because they are a minority.

Sterlingchick123
Active Poster

Post by Sterlingchick123 » Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:36 am

not sure how this post got twisted into talking about high raters cheating ----- and based on the fact that i feel like i personally know most of the high raters in hearts, and how they play, and the fact that they are very good and experienced players, i repeat what kels (kiss00this) said - please don't assume a high rater that wins alot does it by cheating

the most effective way to get better is to challenge yourself to learning the game and playing hard opponents (and not worrying about your rating!)
8)

p.s. the few nics i suspect ARE cheating never have a high rating, btw.

Luna
Active Poster

Post by Luna » Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:52 pm

I think the point people were making is that people cheat to TRY to achieve a high rating. Whether they do or not that's a whole different story. I wouldn't know because nobody is going to get a high rating beating me. :lol: