You're a Cheater

U.S. Marshall
Active Poster

Post by U.S. Marshall » Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:29 am

I thought that I would add to this. I play call of duty united offensive online. We use voice servers Ventrilo and teamspeak and it would be very easy for 2 or more people to cheat in a game since they could instantly talk to each other. That said I was accused of cheating last night cause I thru the Jack to a player I like rather than letting 1 I can't stand get it. It doesn't bother me that the player that accused me was mad. But It makes me wonder if you do that( throw the jack to high or someone who doesn't whine constantly) if the admin would agree that is cheating.

CalculatedRisk
Guide

Post by CalculatedRisk » Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:17 pm

I'm not admin but I use the jack as a strategic tool quite often, I will give it to high if I am not ready for them to go out because I need more time to solidify or promote my position in the game. I HAVE to look at that as a strategy...if I know I can't reap the benefits myself there is no sense in allowing the lowman to go lower--when you do that it doesn't matter if you play to hit low once a certain point is reached in the game, cuz you can't catch their points up so then you get into the deal of someone playing for second or third.

I hardly see how a strategic move such as that can be construed that way at all. There is always gonna be that really competitive player that cant stand to lose and has to blame their loss on something other than their own strategy, so why not yours, lol...happens all the time! I just don't let it get to me, say gg and move right along :).

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:26 pm

The statement I made had nothing to do with high Raters (I happen to have a a few), it was that someone that cheats is doing so to achieve a high rate.

The JoD is a tool to be used, in my opinion and if throwing it on the highman to extend the game to put myself in a position to win I do so. Also in the instance that Lowman may obtain that JoD I would play it on any other player for the same reason and not give the lowman an even better position to win.

JUST DUST

PS - I have never cheated at anything I have done because that was the way I was brought up. I know if I did, I couldn't feel good about it.
TO BE OR NOT TO BE..... NOW WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT??? TO BE OF COURSE!!!!!

sandbar
Guide

Post by sandbar » Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:04 pm

Me claps hands enthusiastically for Dust and heartily agrees :P
PS - I have never cheated at anything I have done because that was the way I was brought up. I know if I did, I couldn't feel good about it.

Straeh31
Active Poster

Post by Straeh31 » Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:08 pm

U.S. Marshall wrote:...I was accused of cheating last night cause I thru the Jack to a player I like rather than letting 1 I can't stand get it...

do that( throw the jack to high or someone who doesn't whine constantly) if the admin would agree that is cheating.
Just to focus on Marshall's question. Throwing the J to a player he liked rather than to someone who he could not stand...

That's borderline at best and yes, I can see where someone could call it cheating.

As example, there have been incidents where Players A and B are buddies and they gang up on another player or even, heaven forbid, throw games to allow their friend to win and gain ratings points.

By throwing the J to someone you like does not go along with the spirit of fair play. It was not that you were utilizing strategy to hit low man, or avoid low man, etc... your decision was based on: I like Player A better because I can't stand Player B.

That's not card strategy.

Cheating ? Maybe, maybe not.

But it sure doesn't measure up to fair play.

U.S. Marshall
Active Poster

Post by U.S. Marshall » Sat Jul 07, 2007 8:50 am

I understand your point of view. But I bet you have been in games with certain players that you would do anything possible to keep them from winning. The particular player ( not gonna mention names ) Constantly whines, pnp's even if he or she is 3rd or last, never goes for low, and just makes for a unpleasant game even if I win. If I am playing in a game where everybody is pleasant or quiet I play the strategy of giving the jack to myself or 1 of the other higher players and not giving it to someone I like better just because I like them, and those players never complain that you didn't throw them the jack cause they are playing fair also.

Straeh31
Active Poster

Post by Straeh31 » Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:16 am

Oh yes indeed Marshall; we've all probably been there in games as you describe.

I will leave a table before launch if someone sits and I know their "reputation".

It's just not worth the aggravation that I know is coming....

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Sun Jul 08, 2007 4:07 pm

Always love the ones that cry out when in the first hand you dumped the queen on them...... that's when you say this will be a long game.....

JUST DUST

PS - Somebody had to get her!!!
TO BE OR NOT TO BE..... NOW WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT??? TO BE OF COURSE!!!!!

Luna
Active Poster

Post by Luna » Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:25 pm

Had game like that this evening. On 2nd hand high called me a moron because I led spades, (Low was on my left.) even though it was the player who passed to him that led them again and bled queen. Like it was my fault that somebody opted to pnp. Geez. Another player to add to the dnp list.

Mompsu
Big Poster

Post by Mompsu » Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:09 pm

For those~

who blame others in cheating or wrong play, there shall be an option to play with an open cards. Then they cant complain about pulling out QoS or playing fer
high etc !! Cuz they c finally there is no other choise. :twisted:

God bless * I know ur cards bettah then u* smarty playahhs... Cuz they dont know what they are doing. AMEN.

Shiney~ ( with my 0,001 Cent.. )
Why the oldtime Players leave Hardwood.. Think about it, will ya !!!!

Luna
Active Poster

Post by Luna » Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:21 pm

Is this cheating, unfair, unethical, or playing to win?

3rd or 4th appears to be mooning. Low is sitting on my right, and I'm holding the queen. I've had several chances to drop it on the player who appears to be mooning. I hold it back in the hopes that I'll be able to hit low with it if he takes a trick. Low covers and I hit.

I've had several people yell at me for that, but I think it's perfectly legitimate play in going for low. I've certainly been on the other end of the play knowing that I'm being set up for the hit. I just think it's part of the game.

Joe Andrews
Active Poster

Depravation Play

Post by Joe Andrews » Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:12 am

This play is part of the game, to be sure. It is also "dirty", unfair, and unethical. It is NOT cheating, and a good case can be argued for aiming at the Lowman. Still.....

(See separate post topic / thread regarding this maneuver)

Play Hearts - Have fun!

out on parole
Active Poster

Post by out on parole » Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:09 am

how many times do you have to beat a dead horse before its dead ??

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:22 pm

Just a couple more times Parole... by the way, when's your next court date?

JUST DUST

grandmaS
Grand Master

Post by grandmaS » Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:19 am

/me PRONOUNCES THE HORSE DEAD and serves cookies and milk......

I am woman I am strong