Safety Shoot confusion

Art Vandelay

Safety Shoot confusion

Post by Art Vandelay » Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:38 pm

I am confused how a safety shoot works in a straight hearts 100 pt game. Sometimes 26 points are only deducted from the shooter's score while the other players receive none, but at other times the other 3 players receive 26 pts and one of them goes out ending the game. What specifically determines each case? How does the safety shoot work, please?

Moordock
Grand Master

:)

Post by Moordock » Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:14 am

The determination is made by the score of the person who shot the moon/sun. If adding points to the other players would end the game and the person who shot the moon/sun would NOT win, it then becomes a safety shoot, instead lowering the score of the person who shot the moon/sun.

The three people not in the winning position can effectively use this to their advantage to regain positioning for first place.

Moordock

Art Vandelay

Thank you

Post by Art Vandelay » Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:15 am

I could not have received a clearer explanation. Thank you so much Moordock. I asked this question of a guide *SNIP*on he hearts site, but they were more interested in text chatting with friends than helping me. BTW, is this explanation posted online anywhere for general reference? I didn't see it on the Silver Creek sites.

CalculatedRisk
Guide

Post by CalculatedRisk » Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:51 am

Art the guide told you he didn't play regular hearts, and did tell you that safety occurs when the player that shoots is 150 points in difference from the low score, which had to do with spot. Another player did give you the very same explanation as is here in the forum. The guide also asked for other players who played regular hearts to help him explain as he did NOT play regular hearts. I was in there at the time and saw the response.

He also gave you the location of the help text to the game under lobby menu

Art Vandelay

Be factual

Post by Art Vandelay » Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:50 am

I was on the receiving end of this and let's please be factual. {Edit} did point me to the Lobby Help menu where there is no safety shoot explanation. So why point me there? Is that helpful or could it come across as just getting back to chatting? If {Edit} didn't know the answer to my question, why not point me to a resource that could? When {Edit} asked others in the lobby, all of their answers spoke only to spot hearts not straight hearts which was my question. So, my question was still unanswered. {Edit} at no time ever asked me, "Does that answer your question?" but instead just kept chatting with friends which gave me the impression (intended or not) that {Edit} was not really interested in helping me. And, how does it happen that any guide can't explain a safety shoot in straight hearts anyway? I also find it inexplicable that this detail of the game isn't documented anywhere.

/edited by Tammy
Support Department
Silver Creek Entertainment

CalculatedRisk
Guide

Post by CalculatedRisk » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:44 am

And, how does it happen that any guide can't explain a safety shoot in straight hearts anyway?
LOL I"m being lighthearted about this Art, but maybe because

I also find it inexplicable that this detail of the game isn't documented anywhere.

And I"m sure it is but.....

I play no shoot and pards as does this person...In no shoot there is no safety shoot...In pards spot ...there is no safety shoot. We play shoot EVERY now and then, and just for fun. Not all of us play all the games just like all of you don't play all the games... :) :lol: :) We are players just like yourself and I will tell ya in a heartbeat I don't have all the answers for every question asked, nor does any other guide.

I've guided for years and I never recall seeing the info anywhere either. maybe someone could tell us both and we'll all learn something today.

Senality Rains
Guide

Post by Senality Rains » Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:32 pm

:D :D wow i am bemused to say the least.

I was in the lobby at the time of this question, and can categorically say that the exact explanation that Moordoc has given here was given to You in the lobby...EXACTLY. So what i would like to know is , what was different in the circumstances that you understand here and not in the lobby. To be frank i am very bemused by your reaction. to say you received no help is a pure fabrication. I find it very hard to swollow that you can stand there and say you received no help, i repeat ...within seconds of your query you was given the correct, full and only explanation that could be given for a safety shoot.

:arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: exits stage left in disbelief.