Money Back?

lastrahm
Active Poster

Money Back?

Post by lastrahm » Sat Dec 22, 2007 7:55 am

If there was a way that I could get my money back, I would request it. I am so sick and tired of trying to have a fun and relaxing game, only to constantly be called names. For some reason, Hardwood Hearts seems to be considerably worst than Hardwood Spades. I play online for the interaction with real people.

I know one should go for the low man, but it isn't always possible. Why should I be stuck with the Queen of Spades when I have the option of successfully getting rid of it but not have it go to the low man? None the less, to be called names is not necessary. There are other ways to question one's playing.

My husband told me that one of the rudest people I know is an online player. From what I have seen in the week I have owned, Hardwood Hearts, I am not surprised. I will seek another way to bone up on my heart playing since I am unloading Hardwood Hearts from my computer. Playing against bots does not help me practice. I need live people. :evil:
LAS

UnChain my Hart57
Big Poster

Post by UnChain my Hart57 » Sat Dec 22, 2007 9:12 am

I for one have no control over any players "Play Style". I can however control the name calling if and only if i see it, or someone calls me. When you are faced with rude behavior please call for a guide and if nobody is available, send a report yourself and admin. will deal with them.
Hardwood has lots of very nice folks but theres always a few that spoil it for us sometimes. I encourage you to stay and play and you will meet the nice folks. Some of my best friends, I met right here.

Nana3
Grand Master

Post by Nana3 » Sat Dec 22, 2007 9:15 am

I am sorry you are having a problem hun, Have you talked to a guide in Hearts about this?
you can email support@silvercrk.com or you can email Tammy at orders@silvercrk.com

Hope you reconsider this and talk to a guide over in Hearts, I know they will be able to help you with this problem.

"When nothing is sure, everything is possible."
- Margaret Drabble

lastrahm
Active Poster

Reporting & Guides

Post by lastrahm » Sat Dec 22, 2007 9:41 am

I have never seen a guide in Hardwood Hearts. I know they can't be on 24-7. I have reported one person, and could have reported a lot more. I am on line to play and have fun not to be reporting constantly and I feel like I need to. The abuse has been horrible. I don't go online to be abused and that is exactly what has happened in just about every Hearts game I have played. :twisted:
LAS

Keellie
Active Poster

Post by Keellie » Sat Dec 22, 2007 10:26 am

lastraham i know how you feel. I have been here for a few years, and it happened on day 1 and still happens 8 out of 10 games. I use to report also but tired of that since those same people were still playing day after day for months. And it's not always just rude names they call you, like dumb or idiot, it's vulgar language. And it's the people in the lobby that act so nice to everyone including guides but when they get in a room, they turn into monsters.

Some suggestions:
1) Close your chat window so you cannot see anything.
2) Or, just immediately put everyone on ignore.
3) Disable your fooms so you don't receive any.

Spades and euchre is better, rarely does it happen there, nothing like hearts where the players are vicious. I've been at all the other sites, not many left though, and it never happened there. Unfortunately, hardwood is the only site with spot hearts and pards which is why I play occasionally here, but not much anymore.

lastrahm
Active Poster

Suggestions

Post by lastrahm » Sat Dec 22, 2007 10:59 am

Thanks for the suggestions. But some of them take out the main reason I like Hardwood. None of my friends or family like playing cards and I want the interaction with live people. I have unloaded Hearts and will continue with Spades. Once in a while there is abuse that needs to be reported in Spades, but it is not anything like Hearts. I am really disappointed with the dispositon of the Hardwood Heart players I have in contact with. I gave myself Hearts as a Christmas present to myself. I wish I could get a refund. It just wasn't worth it. :x
LAS

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Sat Dec 22, 2007 9:08 pm

lastrahm, one reason is hearts and spades are 2 diff. games and hearts is a mean game in comparison. It has always been the nature of the game for ever. Some take the "GAME" way over what the meaning is or the payback maybe with rating points being the payback. I would rather have gained a friend than the ratings. And we don't have to be best friends either.

The rules that have been added are not rules of the game and I do not play by them, I play my cards as I see fit and to the best of my ability (not bad at it either). I do try to win, but will give the Jack to high if it betters my chance to WIN.

One thing that works well in your situation is to find good players that you enjoy playing with and have your play time where you meet and play together. Yes you have to go through the pain to find those players but you can and will find them if you wish.

I could rec. many players that play that way but it's better for you to find your own people to play with to enjoy the "GAME". I have been here for a long time and know how many of the players play an have probally played all of them at least once, they just don't know it. You will find I never get nasty with a player or even call them stupid no matter what nic I play under. I will always help players if they wish to learn and I will teach you the right way to play not by false rules and teach to win not second. There is also a game called 'FUN" and that's just it we don't really care who wins we came to have fun and socialize, those games last long because we play it where it comes to the last hand ALWAYS.

JUST DUST

PS - The number ONE reason anyone should play a game is because they enjoy it...... and as far as I have seen nobody got anything for ratings, but i have gotten some very nice people as friends and that I value more. I really don't care on the ratings even though I have some very high ones, just lucky.

PS - On the money back issue, it would be according to the office within 30 days of purchase but you can always ask support on this. Me, I feel it has been well worth the purchase price and have enjoyed it since the spring of 2000, not bad when you figure it comes out to less than $3 per year and going down each year I play.
TO BE OR NOT TO BE..... NOW WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT??? TO BE OF COURSE!!!!!

lastrahm
Active Poster

Post by lastrahm » Sat Dec 22, 2007 9:32 pm

Again, thanks for the advice but I can get my money back on HW Hearts and I am going to request it. It simply isn't worth the pain of trying to find nice players. I have had a few in Spades that I don't ever want to play with again. But in Hearts, it seems like it is just about everyone. I am very discouraged and very disheartened by the players in Hearts. Why should I go through the trial of finding good people? It is a game and not everyone is perfect at it. One person told me to change to checkers and I have been been called numerous names. It simply isn't worth it! I have started giving the cards to the rudest people and I am not that type of person. A strong sense of ethics is key to my career and I am not seeing it in Hearts. I love Hardwood, just not Hearts. I will stick to Spades.

I would suggest getting more guides in Hearts. I know I am not the only one leaving because of the reception one gets there. I am not going to spend my free time reporting people. I will soon be limited in my time and want to enjoy the games I play.
:roll:
LAS

sandbar
Guide

Post by sandbar » Sat Dec 22, 2007 10:44 pm

:? I really am so sorry you feel the need to leave Hearts, all the players aren't nasty :? we have some lovely people in here, and over the years I have made many friends, Dust In the Wind among them. I am a greeter in Hearts also and I have found that the majority of the players are really nice people.

You do get a few odd ones that I put on ignore, you don't need to put them all on ignore, just the one that is being rude.

I really hope you re-consider, I have been a member since 2002 and have loved every minute of it. If i worried about my rating I wouldn't be playing, as it goes up and down like a yo-yo :P

tlj97526
Active Poster

Post by tlj97526 » Sun Dec 23, 2007 1:06 pm

lastrahm wrote:Again, thanks for the advice but I can get my money back on HW Hearts and I am going to request it. :roll:
lastrahm, I sent you a PM yesterday afternoon about this, please check your PM's.

We offer a 30 day money back guarantee on all our games. If you purchased your game within the 30 days, please email us to request a refund.

support@silvercrk.com

Tammy
Admin

mitch
Active Poster

Post by mitch » Mon Dec 24, 2007 12:49 pm

deleted by mitch

buzibee

Re: Money Back?

Post by buzibee » Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:45 pm

I would also like to get my money back for joining Hardwood Hearts and have the same complaint about the way players criticize and name-call. I also like to play this game to have fun and relax in the evening. I don't need to be told how to play. I know the basics of passing properly, covering your passes, trying to give the queen to low and not dumping on high. I also do not pass a bare queen to high and will pass a hand to help give the queen to low. I cannot believe how judgmental other players are - they seem to think they know what cards you have in your hand. Most players at this site are so arrogant that they really believe it's a game of pure skill, when in actuality you can only play the cards that are dealt to you, and so it becomes a game of chance, guessing and 95% luck. I just left 2 games early because I was becoming so irate, it was not only no longer fun, but self-abusive to stay and finish the games. I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way, although I already knew that.
Since I probably can't get my money back, I have a suggestion. Why not start a room for "congenial players only", no cut throat players welcome. Until this happens, I will no longer be playing hearts at Hardwood. My time will be better spent in pursuit of other, more positive, activities.

U.S. Marshall
Active Poster

Post by U.S. Marshall » Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:19 am

Hearts is a cut throat game, thats the way the game is. Rude vulger players are gonna be there. But there are lots of us that are nice people. Although I will admit I have been provoked to the point I lowered myself to that players standards a few times. But usually I just forget about it and keep playing.

grandmaS
Grand Master

Post by grandmaS » Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:48 am

As Tammy said if you bought the game less then 30 days ago you can get a refund, we feel that gives you plenty of time to decide if you like it or not.

If its over 30 days you own it, you can choose to play it or not.

Sorry your unhappy, but you might try seeking out the type of players you like to play with. We have had some post on here that they are looking for someone to play with that isn't cutthroat and have had pretty good luck getting volenteers.

I am woman I am strong

zaurak
Active Poster

Post by zaurak » Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:10 am

As a new player I could not care less what abuse is thrown at me when I play online....I am new know a little about the rules but I will experiment and if this is not to some players likings....tough! :twisted: :twisted: I do not always know when to pass, when to hold etc but I am prepared to learn and if my decisions whilst playing online look childish am i bothered? Mostly I have found players helpful but if you want to throw abuse at me and my online card decisions....come on bring it on....I am here to stay as I love the game ( and if I can ever find a cheap copy of Joseph Andrews book... I might even get better :D