Unable to open Hardwood Hearts Application

anatarctica

Unable to open Hardwood Hearts Application

Post by anatarctica » Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:56 pm

Hi,

I never had a problem opening the Hardwood Hearts Application on my mac but suddenly application can no longer be opened. When I click on it, it seems to open for a split second but then nothing happens. I have tried restarting my computer to no avail. It only seems to be a problem opening the hearts application and hasn't been a problem for any of the other applications I have on my laptop. I'm not sure if this is a hearts problem or a problem with my mac. Any advice would be appreciated. I'm going into hearts withdrawal.

grandmaS
Grand Master

Re: Unable to open Hardwood Hearts Application

Post by grandmaS » Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:21 pm

There is another post on the board about this type of problem. Here is the link to it............. viewtopic.php?f=12&t=13095

I am woman I am strong

tlj97526
Active Poster

Re: Unable to open Hardwood Hearts Application

Post by tlj97526 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:41 pm

Following the OSX 10.5.2 update and the Leopard Graphics Update, our games no longer work on Macs with Intel GMA X3100 video. This includes the MacBook Air and the latest MacBooks. The MacBook Pro is fine as it does not use the Intel video. I've filed a bug with Apple, but not yet had any response.

The workaround is to set the game to run in Software mode so that it doesn't use the broken OpenGL driver. Unfortunately, you can't do that since the game won't run.

I've written a small utility, linked below, which will search for the settings for all of our games and set them to run in Software mode.

Double clicking the .zip file should automatically extract the app. Double clicking the SetSoftwareMode.app will pop up a confirmation box then make the settings changes.

http://www5.silvercrk.com/download/SetSoftwareMode.zip [72k]

If that doesn't get the game going, please do contact support@silvercrk.com

Tammy
Admin