Collusion suspected

BobSaginaw

Collusion suspected

Post by BobSaginaw » Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:32 pm

About two years ago I posted a topic "How often do you suspect cheating by collusion". And the reason why I posted this topic is becuase there are times when I suspect that two or three players are in collusion with one another simply to pummel an unsuspecting player and/or to boost one of the colluding player's rating. I suspected this activity two years ago, and I suspect that this activity still goes on today, and Hardwood Hearts hasn't taken any action to curtail this kind of activity. And I an rather dismayed, to say the least. I was just in a game where I suspect that the other three players were in collusion with one another. First of all, I joined a game where three players were already waiting. And at the beginning of each hand, there were frequent pauses (where I suspect that information is being passed), and then there are the very unnatural plays where the Queen of Spades is dumped on me. Or if a player that I just passed to moons, there's the quick and constant criticism of "You're not covering your passes", even when there were missed opportunities to dump points on a non-mooning player (and there is an obvious effort to aid the mooning player). I like to come here to Hardwood Hearts to play a couple of games and relax. Of course, I like to be competitive. But it can be very aggravating to join a game where everything and everybody seems to be and go against you and nobody else. I really think that Hardwood Hearts needs to do something about this problem. If Hardwood Hearts has a rating system, then Hardwood Hearts should try and maintain some standards of integrity for this rating system. At the very least Hardwood Hearts should adopt a reporting system where collusion may be suspected. And if enough reports are filed against certain players, then suspicions can be confirmed. And then maybe something can be done.

grandmaS
Grand Master

Re: Collusion suspected

Post by grandmaS » Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:29 pm

We have a reporting system in place and always have, in the lobby click lobby menu then click report, at a game table click the tab on the right side click lobby menu and click report.
Try using the replay feature sometimes what seemed to be happening in a game, doesn't look the same when you watch the replay.

I am woman I am strong

BobSaginaw

Post by BobSaginaw » Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:45 pm

I have, in fact, reported what I suspect was cheating by collusion on several occasions. And from now on, whenever I suspect cheating by collusion, then you can defenitely bet that I will report it.

U.S. Marshall
Active Poster

Post by U.S. Marshall » Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:44 pm

Like Grandma said watch the game replays. I have suspected cheating often myself but after watching the replays on many of the games I determined that it probably wasn't. But yes some games it was clear that the plays supported what I suspected. Also some of those people That were reported have not been back. I myself will not report someone for cheating unless I am 100% sure that they were.

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:14 pm

Yep I would want to be 100% sure also and will not even say anything other than just report it when it does happen.

JUST DUST

PS - I can assure you that I have never cheated at this game and have been accussed many times of cheating because I count very accurate and actually know which cards are left and they just don't believe someone can do that without cheating (I don't use a card counter either). You know if I say "UH OH" 3/4 tricks out you have messed up and threw the only cards that COULD have stopped my moon and now I only have to lead my high cards to get the rest and TRAM.
TO BE OR NOT TO BE..... NOW WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT??? TO BE OF COURSE!!!!!

U.S. Marshall
Active Poster

Post by U.S. Marshall » Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:13 pm

Where have you been Dust, I haven't seen you on in ages. You might not believe it but you have been missed.

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:14 pm

Just spent a week in the Keys and have been working like crazy, lots of hours (168+ hours in the next 2 weeks). Most is in a support role for the China rollout which isn't going well... engineers.... and their little pieces of paper that they drew it out on that told them every will work on paper as it will in the real world..... HA!!! Can't teach experience...

JUST DUST

PS - Figure I may be around more after January, glad a couple of ya missed me. Hard to get connection sometimes over here in China.
TO BE OR NOT TO BE..... NOW WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT??? TO BE OF COURSE!!!!!

sandbar
Guide

Post by sandbar » Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:25 pm

Me THUMPS that Ogre, really hard, you know we all miss you

Bg Trnr
Active Poster

Post by Bg Trnr » Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:49 pm

I have a fresh pot O grog waiting for your return. ARRRRRRRRRRR
:"You cannot add to the peace & goodwill of the world if you fail to create an atmosphere of harmony and love right where you live and work".
Thomas Dreier

Lace
Grand Master

Post by Lace » Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:30 am

The ogre was down in the Florida Keys visiting all the rehabilitated crocs he has released back into the wild and restock his supply of swamp gas :) Welcome home Dusty.
Image Remember those you step on while trying to climb that ladder are those you will need to pass again when you fall back down!

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:01 am

Well not home.... drove back Sat. for 14.5 hours (traffic and weather was nasty), got on a plane Sun. @ 8pm and flew to China (via Korea)... arrived about midnight Monday....

Sure hope this isn't going to be home, heard they arrest Ogre's here, so keeping a low profile...

JUST DUST

PS - Outside the China Capitol Beijing.