wizards room

debra122

wizards room

Post by debra122 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:32 pm

please bring back the wizards room as i like that room...the way it is now its 2 hard with no shoot & shoot...i like the other way... :)

i love hard wood hearts and jonah u do a tremendous job...

thanks for listening...debra

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Re: wizards room

Post by Dust In The Wind » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:20 am

Sorry I think due to the economy that room has gone into foreclosure but may be purchased at a undisclosed location for action pricing. Be forewarned the walls in the lobby may need paint and the plumbing and wiring have been ripped out due to the value at the scrap yard. Of course the appliances have also been confiscated along with any leftovers at the bar.... The fireplace still works however....

JUST DUST
TO BE OR NOT TO BE..... NOW WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT??? TO BE OF COURSE!!!!!

heart of the city

Post by heart of the city » Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:31 am

Most of the players in hearts have never been to the forum...but they are voicing their opinions in the lobby on how they don't like the merge. It seem the majority of tables set in smoots are set for no shoot, so people are still playing the game they like , but with more confusion. We have all heard how "this is the way it was", but it hasn't been in one room for a long time and people adjusted to the separate rooms and most were happy. It seems no shoot games are more in favor over shoot as you can see by the table settings. There has been nothing but complaints in the lobby since the merge, so again it seems the majority of people don't like it, but do not come to the forum to speak up. Maybe a few trips to the lobby will verify that people are missing the separate rooms.
BTW...great job on the new version!

Lace
Grand Master

Post by Lace » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:03 am

I've been in hearts a lot since the merge and so far, the majority have said they like the merge back to smoots. Of course there are some who do not like it, but you can't please all of the people all of the time. Even here in the forums it seems the majority is pleased with the switch back. There were a large number of players who did not like the room separation when it was first done, but they got through it and still enjoyed the game.
Image Remember those you step on while trying to climb that ladder are those you will need to pass again when you fall back down!

heart of the city

Post by heart of the city » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:17 am

Well......it could be that they are getting told to keep quiet about there opinions? Any time someone voices they dont' like it..they are told to go to the forum. However it works out, I just hope both sides are heard, whether it is in lobby or in forum. From what I see..majority in lobby wants 2 rooms, and majority in forum want one. This could be that most people don't know how to post to the forum, and have never been here.

Senality Rains
Guide

Post by Senality Rains » Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:15 pm

I too have been around a lot since the merge, in the lobby, and i have to agree with Lace, i have noticed more happy than not, maybe i am there at the wrong time of day...maybe there is some other explanation but when i have been there, the majority have been not just happy but delighted.....and the few complianed, now maybe they were SO vocal about it , that it looked to you maybe more was complaing than was, But when i am there, the majority are happy.

U.S. Marshall
Active Poster

Post by U.S. Marshall » Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:16 pm

Well for what its worth, I was 1 that wanted 1 room again. But after merging it back into 1 room it seems a bit chaotic and the lobby is constantly talking, but it may be just a matter of getting used to that many people again. I know I was here when it was 1 room before and I liked it then and hated it when they split the rooms so we might just need to give it time to get used to it. :idea:

heart of the city

Post by heart of the city » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:14 pm

I hope it does settle too, because it is very chaotic. Maybe you are not here to see the people that have been saying they want another room back., but they surely are here all times of day, and most complaining of how confusing it is to see the games. Maybe if the room remains to one, they could do a different color scheme for shoot and no shoot. Seems people are shooting the moon in a no shoot room and then quitting. It's very frustrating. It should be a simple task to read before you enter, but unfortunately some people find that difficult. One of the guides was asked several times for the forum address, because they didn't like the merge...so some guides are aware that a lot of people are not liking it.
Either way..hearts is still a good game with some good people and somehow everyone will adjust eventually.

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:24 pm

Play style is the main reason for splitting shoot and no shoot and before the split there was always the name calling form both sides saying their game style was better and there's was not and after the split that pretty much went away, shooters in shoot and nonshooters in no shoot.

Appearance or perception of most of the players complaining is deceptive since 5 players complaining in a room of 250 and 245 players not complaining can make it look like there are a lot complaining with 5 players chatting "I don't like it". I think that maybe if you took the names down that were complaining and figured how many of those names were actually the same player using another nic you would find a small percentage actually complaining... most players even if they have an opinion one way or another don't even voice their opinion and just came here to relax in their game and don't care one way or another.

Maybe it would be to everyones benefit to get more involved in the forum by creating a short cut button in the menu to a direct link to the forum.

JUST DUST

PS - Bottom line, you and a group of players that want to play together can always use one of the other rooms to play shoot or no shoot and get away from the rest, it works rather well and it can be arranged with the ones you play with... meet in X room during T Time...
TO BE OR NOT TO BE..... NOW WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT??? TO BE OF COURSE!!!!!