What new features would you like to see?

Jonas
Illuminated One
Illuminated One

What new features would you like to see?

Post by Jonas » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:23 pm

I'd like to see a list of features you'd like to see added to the game/site.

Try not to get too wordy, try to keep each feature down to a sentence or so and break it out and number them.

(please don't bring up the room change, we can keep that discussion up in those other threads, I'm looking for new stuff)

Thanks

HW_Martine
Active Poster

Re: What new features would you like to see?

Post by HW_Martine » Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:29 pm

Hello, :)

1 - New curtains ... oups I meant ... anything new related to avatars clothes/hair cut and such ;) ... (tyvm for the new avatar :)) ...
maybe an armchair for the lazy avatars or whatever new that could be funny and still related to the Medieval Times. ;)

2 - New fooms (in case it could be too much for the server, maybe get ride of the fooms that very few people use to get the room to add some new fooms ?) ...

p.s. : What other answer did you expect from a woman lol !
But seriously, it is something many players talked about in the past years around this forum, so it should please many people around if it could be done. ;)

3 - A page (could be in this forum or directly in each game under the lobby menu or such buttons) telling in just a few words (if possible in different langages) what each type of game is ... (exemple : Hearts Partnership no shoot bonuses = ...)(exemple : Spades Pass 2 = ...).

Sincerely, HW_Martine.

sandbar
Guide

Post by sandbar » Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:57 pm

1..............NEW FOOMS
2..............NEW AVATARS..............THANK YOU

U.S. Marshall
Active Poster

Post by U.S. Marshall » Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:33 pm

Well it might seem silly but I would like to be able to see what the games I set are actually rated at. For instance if my rating is at 1567 and i set a game at + or - 50 I would like to be able to see if it set to 1550 or 1500, it never seems to be consistant on how it sets the ratings and I have to ask in the lobby what rating my game is set at.

tech_ceo
Noob

Post by tech_ceo » Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:22 pm

:)
1. Button to increase my rating in increments of 10 each time I push it.
2. Button to send actual shock to certain players through their keyboard.

Seriously,

1. In lobby screen, separate chat and game list into 2 separate windows so they can be stretched/squished as needed based on user preferences and resources.

[the following 2 assume that at some point in the future there will be players in more than one room]

2. Cross-chat between rooms. (e.g. I am in a game in one room, but I can see lobby players in other room, and call them in to my room or talk in their lobby). Hmm, this might help solve the problem in another thread, which I won't bring up since it is OT.

2a. Expanding on #2, how about a separate, undocked game list window? (e.g. I am in game/lobby Room A, but in a little window on the sidebar I can see what games are open any another room, perhaps select control on top to select the room to view)

Happy programming!
90% of problems and dilemmas are laughably insignificant when put into perspective.

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:17 pm

I would like to see --

pards ratings separated from singles play

Fooms - I like my own personal request of a Bird foom... where you selct it and a little bird flies over to the opt. and.... OOOPPPPSSS!!!!

OK that might be extreme BUT VERY FUNNY!!!!

As always more avatars, maybe some more on the theme, but maybe some more animals, like a Tiger/Lion, Minitar (spelling and don't feel like looking it up LOL), what ever the half horse/man/womon is ( see previous, LOL) maybe an archer, I'm sure we can come up with lots of neat stuff. Give Glenda some legs LOL

Some more backgrounds that go with the avatars like maybe a grasslands with a lion, a fortress for the king, a garden for the fairy, a dungen for the ogre, a lair for the dragon, etc.

paint the walls.... ok not all colors are going to please everyone, but maybe make it an option to allow for the player to paint the walls with their own color picks..... this is something that can be done locally in the program

I would and think this would be very benefitial is a quick link to the forum in the task bar or menu

A way to add your nics from one PC to another for when you reload, reinstall, etc., I can do this with binds but nics i have to load one at a time not as a folder, this of course I know might not be possible for various reasons.... security being one.

Iggy list stay on from each time you log back in for those that iggy players and has been arequest from many players, I personally don't choose to iggy anyone.

Another request from others has been a friends list that would allow a player to add players to a list that would allow easy access from them to look up a players name that maybe on their players list. I do not recommend a hate list but they could leave me off their friend list if they so choose.

Reverse Hearts has been a request from many and have played it many times and IS a fun game. Reverse is NOT No Shoot, it is the winner is the loser and the loser is the winner type game. You take the point to win or to get to the game set point. I think many would enjoy this game and is definately fun.

JUST DUST

PS - There's more but enough to start with... This is still the site I prefer over all the rest. Sorry Jonas, I do mean to send you that outline, just have been real busy and want to make sure it is clear of the intent, just trying to help as always.
TO BE OR NOT TO BE..... NOW WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT??? TO BE OF COURSE!!!!!

Lace
Grand Master

Post by Lace » Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:12 am

The number 1 question I have gotten from players who are considering downloading the upgrade is:

Are there new fooms and avatars?

I would love to see the ignore button working each time you log in AND for all nics on that account. I'd also love to see anyone on ignore not being able to join your table if you are host. Sure would save me all those frequent flyer miles back and forth to the same rooms.
Image Remember those you step on while trying to climb that ladder are those you will need to pass again when you fall back down!

luvcookies
Guide

Post by luvcookies » Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:23 am

new avitars and fooms

luvcookies :)

Primal Instincts
Grand Master

Post by Primal Instincts » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:18 am

Another thing I have seen players constantly ask are....where are the rules I havent seen any rules for this site.......and even guides have to say.....hold on I will get them for you....if they dont have the link in their profile......so maybe a visible link to the rules available to the lobby in the room you are in.....Its available when ya sign in at the top after ya click "log on"......but a lot of players dont look up there and ya do have to leave the room to get it......it would make a quick reference available for players who ask......... 8)
The Wilderness has answers to questions man has not yet learned to ask.

Senality Rains
Guide

Post by Senality Rains » Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:04 am

Rules or strategies ? lol
Strategies in hearts is a bottomless pit lol, they are endless, you couldnt print them. and if you dont know them, you just havent found them yet.
The rules on the other hand, are a different matter, the server rules are simple to access and are in my and other guides profiles....but strategies....good luck lol, it would like trying to fit the britanic encyclopedia on the back of a stamp im afraid.

Sailing_Away
Guide

Post by Sailing_Away » Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:01 am

I know I had a hard time finding the rule page and this forum. Once I did, though, you can't keep me off of here LOL.
-Brian

"Come Sail Away with me...."

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:11 pm

Rules or rules of engagement (strats, LOL) depends on whom you ask at which game at which time dependent upon what they and the others are playing at that particular table at that time... LOL

JUST DUST

LOL

PS - yes endless, just give the queen and you take the hearts (spot)... oh and I'll take the jack since i got the queen too LOL
TO BE OR NOT TO BE..... NOW WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT??? TO BE OF COURSE!!!!!

CalculatedRisk
Guide

Post by CalculatedRisk » Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:35 am

I still want a pie in the face foom! Also players in general seem to be more interested in Avatars and fooms... That is what I hear most requests for or when Players have questions about what be available in the near future, that's what most inquire about....

Primal Instincts
Grand Master

Post by Primal Instincts » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:30 am

How about an arrow foom with a rubber tip that sticks right on the forehead of their avatar.....goes with the theme of HW.....

A Crystal Ball avatar....one that could predict the outcome of the game would be awesome.......rofl

A way to see what your game is rated while in the game.....

A link to the rules visible from the lobby you are in......

A way to mute the WHOLE lobby.....IE.....select all.....MUTE
8)
The Wilderness has answers to questions man has not yet learned to ask.

Senality Rains
Guide

Post by Senality Rains » Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:44 am

LOL