What new features would you like to see?

CalculatedRisk
Guide

Re: What new features would you like to see?

Post by CalculatedRisk » Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:24 pm

A Crystal Ball avatar....one that could predict the outcome of the game would be awesome.......rofl
I think that's great! LOL with a soothsayer holding the crystal, lol!

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:14 pm

Primal Instincts wrote:

A way to mute the WHOLE lobby.....IE.....select all.....MUTE
8)
LOL Many times I wish I had this button... LOL

JUST DUST

PS - Ok not many times but a few... LOL
TO BE OR NOT TO BE..... NOW WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT??? TO BE OF COURSE!!!!!

Lace
Grand Master

Post by Lace » Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:20 am

My pet peeve.....If someone quits a game, they can't join or host another until that game is finished.
Image Remember those you step on while trying to climb that ladder are those you will need to pass again when you fall back down!

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:37 am

Good one Lace

JUST DUST
TO BE OR NOT TO BE..... NOW WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT??? TO BE OF COURSE!!!!!

Senality Rains
Guide

Post by Senality Rains » Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:55 am

yeah i think thats a smart idea from Lace too. many , many times , i have lost players from my game who just took the q or losing heavily, and i think oh well, maybe they had an emergency or what ever, but then i look again and they are just sitting in the lobby or have ACTUALLY joined another game, i understand sometimes folkhave to leave, but when its made obvious that they clearly left cos things wasnt going their way, although i say nothing, i do feel pretty let down, cos i always stay and take my losses, so i like it Lace, i think that would be a smart addition, once folk realised i really think they would think twice about leaving for no apparent reason.

U.S. Marshall
Active Poster

Post by U.S. Marshall » Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:15 pm

I here here laces suggestion I really like that 1. :D

U.S. Marshall
Active Poster

Post by U.S. Marshall » Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:55 am

Again I removed my pards name but this is why on the right pane where it says Rated I would like to see it say what the game is rated at.

XXXXXXX: better than booting
U S Marshall: what did it set at
XXXXXXX: anyone
XXXXXXX: o
XXXXXXX: last time anyone, this time 1500
XXXXXXX: hi
U S Marshall: no I set it to + or - 200
XXXXXXX: this time 1500
U S Marshall: ok thats what I wanted to know

And by the way tech_ceo I am fully aware of how to expand and contract the windows but it doesn't do the 1 little thing that I would like.

maggiemae41

Post by maggiemae41 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:14 pm

I would like to see an option where watchers are allowed to see the cards, even if it was only one player's cards that you could see. I know you dont like this idea on rated games (you already know my feelings on the ratings system anyway: see lowman room lol) but perhaps it could be something you could add to a social game. Its a great learning tool, and teaching as well.

ShihtzuGrandy

Post by ShihtzuGrandy » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:44 pm

[size=150][/size]
Please read this with an open mind, which is difficult for all of us when it comes to something different.
I personally think that it would be both entertaining and instructive to allow games that are currently being played to be viewed by those that would like to enter the portal provided. New players and old could all use the help of the excellent talent many of the players display in these games. I know some would be afraid their talents would be at risk from others improving skills, but, most are so good, there is no danger to them, believe me. Certainly the boot factor would remain for problems.
I know that at present, this doesn't seem to be the accepted thing to do, because people are afraid of cheaters and those that would annoy the players.
Perhaps a situation could be set up so that you could watch a game and learn, but, not interact or interfere in any way with the room.
As for the cheating, as infantile as it is, considering the lack of gain in a game with no money passing hands, cheaters will find a way no matter what. Perhaps we could trust that they would have a change of mind if they could learn to be good players instead of having to use deceitful methods. In any case you can almost instantly tell if there is any irregularity going on in that department.
That's my two cents worth, ShihtzuGrandy
Last edited by ShihtzuGrandy on Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ShihtzuGrandy

Post by ShihtzuGrandy » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:55 pm

I agree with Lace, if you just quit for no reason, you shouldn't be able to join another game until the one you were in is over. Sounds fair. Or for 15 minutes sort of a time out in the corner lol. The people that have to quit for good reasons shouldn't be upset with that, it usually takes 15 minutes to do whatever you had to do. Or 10 minutes, flexible is my middle name..............thanks, that's my two cents worth ShihtzuflexibleGrandy lol

Lace
Grand Master

Post by Lace » Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:29 pm

The tutorial game option in Maid Mary's Manor lets you play with the cards up for all players. It's a great place to learn. If cards were shown to a watcher, with all the instant message systems, etc, I can see many problems with it.
Image Remember those you step on while trying to climb that ladder are those you will need to pass again when you fall back down!

U.S. Marshall
Active Poster

Post by U.S. Marshall » Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:03 pm

I agree with Lace that People could IM others if they could watch and see the cards. I just so happen to be 1 that kicks watchers, I wouldn't but to many times I have beat a player and they will change nics and come in my game and call names and harrass me, Yes I report them but it does no good at the immediate time I am playing. I would say watchers would have to be mute but many times someone comes in to ask me to pard so that wouldn't work.

But here is a suggestion if you really are just wanting to watch and learn, When you enter the game say, Would you mind if I watch and try to learn.

You could even Bind this so you could say it faster by doing this: In the lobby ( preferably in maid marys ) Type /bind w=Would you mind if I watch and try to learn
then when you go in a game to watch just type /w and hit the enter button it will say that for you

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:24 pm

If you want to really watch game play and enter a game at it's begining I do believe it creates a game log and you can recall that game and watch it at your leasure with the cards up. If not you can certainly ask of the 4 players if they would send you the game log so you can watch it.

I would be against having cards up for a watcher not because of cheating "might occur" but that I can see lots of people claiming that cheating is occurring and that would be a real problem. We already have enough accused even when they are not and to open another door... no TY for the Guides that have to handle the aftermath.

JUST DUST

PS - You can get any game number from your profile or the players web profile and if you would like to review that game you could ask them to send you that game to view. I have gone into games where I was the watcher and could see the whole game including chat and if your not interested in the chat, you can turn that off in replay.

PS - speaking of replay, it would be nice to have that in an easier spot/menu to locate and access.

ShihtzuGrandy

Post by ShihtzuGrandy » Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:47 pm

U.S. Marshall said in part, "But here is a suggestion if you really are just wanting to watch and learn, When you enter the game say, Would you mind if I watch and try to learn.

You could even Bind this so you could say it faster by doing this: In the lobby ( preferably in maid marys ) Type /bind w=Would you mind if I watch and try to learn
then when you go in a game to watch just type /w and hit the enter button it will say that for you"

This absolutely works for me, what an intelligent suggestion, why didn't I think of that....(be kind I know I am intelligence challenged lol). I also have to say I think that the idea of a LOW MAN room sounds very interesting. Get This, until I read the posts above, I didn't even know what playing Low Man meant. Also I didn't know about playing for 2nd and 3rd, although I have been accused of that and probably rightly so, makes sense now. Hindsight is so clear. So glad that you all put the addy for this forum on the screen in Smoot's. I didn't even know about it. Ought to mention it about to more people, bet there are a lot of people that don't know about the low man thing except that someone is always low man and if you can hit him with the queen, but not to the exclusion of taking points yourself, that would help to know that information and probably save a lot of grief at the beginning of a game. Put LOW MAN on the thingy where you put deal, timed, pass, etc. Again, thanks for all this great input. Just my two cents worth,
ShihtzuGrandy

ShihtzuGrandy

Post by ShihtzuGrandy » Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:01 pm

Again, I agree with Lace, I DON"T THINK that you should ever see the cards face up in any game. I just feel I could learn by watching the game progress and see who does what, quietly. I don't know about the mi,ing thingy, but, can see how that would encourage telling tales during the game if you had another computer set up next to you. The classes I am taking on PCs is not even beginning to bring me up to speed, I learn much more in the games than anywhere. Especially like the above bind thingy. Thanks again everyone, appreciate all the great input....my two cents worth....ShihtzuGrandy