What new features would you like to see?

Mr 3000 Nics
Active Poster

Re: What new features would you like to see?

Post by Mr 3000 Nics » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:07 pm

Well not sure on the old sounds the most impressive Tech_Ceo talks about because i have sound turned off so i can listen to my own tunes on WMP but as for Classic Cards you can change this in options and change deck .... i have the newest build and use the "Classic" card deck :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
And That's The Bottom Line cause the bald guy with white sideburns SAYS SO ... just ask Sandbar hehe...

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:59 pm

I just changed a bunch of songs I like to midi format so I can select them direct or do as Mr. 3000 does, kind of neat when you get a foom across some Led Z...... Like it was meant to be there all along.

JUST DUST
TO BE OR NOT TO BE..... NOW WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT??? TO BE OF COURSE!!!!!

Sailing_Away
Guide

Post by Sailing_Away » Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:40 am

I am not sure allowing guides and TDs to see IP addys are all that privacy-invasive.... I played on GoldToken before and Badger had all kinds of tools at her disposal including that one to identify multi-nics (she was on a crusade to weed out multi-nics).

But I actually prefer the idea of marking an account as DQ'd and would not need an IP addy revealer if the DQ'd symbol on any associated nic would be visible to the TD.
-Brian

"Come Sail Away with me...."

luvcookies
Guide

Post by luvcookies » Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:34 pm

im responding on why would tds need to see that a person be dq come back under another nic. as head admin in league they would have to be members in league to sub and we dont need to see isps because people will give it out its been done in leagues with people getting mad be a big issues maybe guides can use that but not tds. thats my opinion

ty luvcookies :D

Sailing_Away
Guide

Post by Sailing_Away » Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:40 pm

I am sure that tourneys that use some kind of external automation may have tools in place to help them ensure that a DQd player doesn't try to play under a different nic. The Tournament of Players is managed in a pen-and-paper fashion with no registration requirement, though, and we really have nothing to stop a player from doing this.

Let's say we have someone who violated one of our rules (some are reinforcements of SCE rules) and Drunkie ruled for a 7 day DQ. We have no way to identify if that player uses another nic to come and play anyway.

My thinking was that if the TDs could see the player's IP address, then we would have some way to know PlayerX is really the same as PlayerY. Other methods to do the same like marking that player's nic and having it show on every nic on that account until we remove it would also be effective.

As TD's, SCE requires us to keep our tourney rooms in compliance with SCE policies, and if we don't do a good job of that, we could get kicked out. I am just asking for better tools for accomplishing that requirement.
-Brian

luvcookies
Guide

Post by luvcookies » Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:58 pm

sailing i see what you saying but see ok im headadmin in a spades leagues which all head admins that i know does follow sce guide rules that if we do see someone that we may know could be ban from hw under dif nic is be able to tell a guide and they can get hold of jonas i dont think that will be our business if they dq or banned for us to have their isps like i said some isps has been given out in league rooms was that against sce rules yes did they get in trouble yes but to avoid all that we shouldnt have isps if you think they been ban let a guide know.and as far as dq not sure how it works there but they do have to be members in leagues in spades
like i say thats my opinion

ty luvcookies :D

Lace
Grand Master

Post by Lace » Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:46 pm

I think the days of static IP's are long gone. Most everyone I know connects via a cable modem or DSL these days, which all use Dynamic IP addresses (DNS). Everytime you reconnect to the internet you are assigned a different number from a pool they use. Even if you disconnect and immediately reconnect, odds are you won't get the same IP address twice. Also, many Cable/DSL routers and firewalls use NAT to hide your machine's IP from the internet.
Image Remember those you step on while trying to climb that ladder are those you will need to pass again when you fall back down!

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:48 pm

FYI - someone that is knowledgable can hide or change their IP addy and I still no reason for that to be public knowledge... and yes you can get software that detects not only the IP addy but their location and no I will not tell what it is... I view this as private info... like knowing your real name and addy.... no I do not want it.

Besides Lace is absolutely right in what she just said you will not see their IP and most do use NAT for their user safety. the Ip you get is for the group and they redirect to the user.

JUST DUST

BUT anyways I would like to see new wall paper for the lobby, maybe where the user can choose the colors and this may fall under themes that someone else suggested.
TO BE OR NOT TO BE..... NOW WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT??? TO BE OF COURSE!!!!!

Primal Instincts
Grand Master

Post by Primal Instincts » Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:56 pm

Well on a humorous note I would like to see a spring loaded button that would bounce whomever you clicked it on.....right out of HW for 10 mins...with a loud "YUR OUTTA HERE"..........used with discretion of course......... :)
The Wilderness has answers to questions man has not yet learned to ask.

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:29 pm

I think everyone should have a "Silence for 10secs" button.... to be used once per player only and a max of 10 players LOL

JUST DUST

tech_ceo
Noob

Post by tech_ceo » Fri May 01, 2009 9:59 am

1. Host New Game. I personally preferred the Host Game button on the left (v73) instead of Create a Game on top (v86). I understand that it is this way to help confused noobs, and it should stay as is by default. However, it would be great if, in Game Options, we could opt "Host Button" instead, and put it over where there is plenty of unused space. It takes up a whole game slot in the game list, resulting in that much more scrolling and resizing in order to see all the games/chat.

2. Game Type Filter. One possible way to keep everyone in the happy in one room might be to permit filtering of the game list. For example, checkboxes on top of list to hide/show pard, shoot, spot games, etc. This not only helps eliminate the common error of jumping into the wrong game type, but also makes the game-list shorter, freeing up valuable pixels and reducing scrolling. There would have to be some type of flag to make it obvious that your game list is filtered (eg different font color or highted border or background), so you would always know that you are not seeing the whole list. This feature would increase the managable capacity of a single room because one of the first problems when it gets too full is the long game list. So during busy periods, users could activate the filter and only see certain game types, and in quiet periods (when it takes longer to find a game), they can deactivate their filter and see all games. Its win/win because during busy times, people aren't waiting long for games anyway, and during quite times, there is no problem with the list getting too long and not much on the screen to read.
90% of problems and dilemmas are laughably insignificant when put into perspective.

Sailing_Away
Guide

Post by Sailing_Away » Fri May 01, 2009 10:37 am

Great suggestions, tech_ceo! Those would both be very useful.
-Brian

ShihtzuGrandy

Post by ShihtzuGrandy » Sun May 03, 2009 12:01 am

First let me say how much I am enjoying the improvements that you are making in Hardwood Hearts. You have really been listening and putting into use well thought out plans and it shows. I enjoy this game site more than any of the others that I visit or games that I play and buy. Hardwood has been my choice for many years now. Thank you for all your hard work. The guides are very helpful and knowledgeable about helping us to get things to work the way they can if we know how to do it. Sandbar comes to mind. She is very helpful and has given me many enlightening ways of making my gaming time more enjoyable.

There are times when we find ourselves in games that we never intended to be in. The wrong type of game or the wrong opponets (as individuals we can pretty much tell the minute we see the avatars or glance at their profile.) I have given this some thought and I feel there needs to be some system where you can have a little more time to check out the prospective game you are getting ready to jump into. If you are a host you have the time to look at profiles etc., but, other than that it is really "Pot Luck" and, "too bad so sad", if you get locked into a game for the next half hour if you come in and cards are immediately dealt. Each person upon entering the game room should have a few moments to hit something, a start button,etc. to show the host they want to play in that game. This would also be helpful to the host to have a moment also. There of course, would have to be a time limit set so that there was no long delays. Sort of like when we are deciding what to pass or play timer. I know sometimes you set for awhile until you get enough players and the second someone shows up you hit "click start" but this can cause a lot of hard feelings and contention during the game and that is what causes a lot of your fights within the rooms and then is brought out into the Lobby. If you have already sat there and waited, another minute wouldn't be too long, especially if you then know the person really wants and intended to play this particular game with you. Some would not need any time and could click in right away.

Also, there should be a different system for when someone drops out because they got the queen and is losing. I had a situation today in which that happened and someone stepped in and came in second place and the person that had dropped out got the points, that is so unfair. They should have to wait at least 60 minutes before they can play again. That would make them think twice about this type of behavior. Also they should automatically get a point penalty for dropping out. Even those of us who have to drop out to take care of things, would, I think, be willing to abide with this standard of point loss and time out. Obviously we are too busy to play anyway if that happens. This new rule would cause a lot of thought to be put into, "can I play or should I just wait until the time is right so that I don't disrupt others." You can talk in the Lobby, play the bots, etc. Surely some solution can be arranged for this type of continual behavior. In the event that somebody gets bumped due to server error, or if the player is only away from the seat for say 3 minutes that would need to be taken into consideration and not be penalized.

Just some food for thought, again thank you for making our time spent with you more peaceful and enjoyable,
ShihtzuGrandy
:

Primal Instincts
Grand Master

Post by Primal Instincts » Sun May 03, 2009 6:55 am

Rude players.....players complaining about quitters and cheaters etc etc have been the bane of HW since I can rem.....over 8 years for me.....seems they can only do so much to offer an online game site where responsible adults can enjoy a decent game of cards....

Anytime you bring the human element into anything you are going to have problems....its the nature of the beast.......providing extra "buttons" isnt going to solve this......I think Silvercreek has bent over backwards to satisfy their community....the term customer can only be applied so long when one has enjoyed what they offer for years and years....

Then they focus on NEW customers which any good business would do.....and I think HW has done exactly that......and doing their best to keep current established players happy......$40.00 (if you bought all 3) wont even fill your gas tank today....look at all the hours of entertainment you get for this......its far and above the best card site anywhere......how much more can they improve for that price??
8)
The Wilderness has answers to questions man has not yet learned to ask.

ShihtzuGrandy

Post by ShihtzuGrandy » Sun May 03, 2009 10:55 am

I guess that my thoughts on what I personally had been thinking when asked for my opinion has offended. I want to sincerely apologize. I have never thought of myself as a "customer" in many years and always as a member of a community that I more or less take vacations in from time to time. I always enjoy and look forward to being in the Hardwood game communities. Perhaps if I was requested for some further financial arrangement there could be something worked out to make my presence seem more palatable. I just happened to be in the forums, reading the thoughts and ideas, I realize now that most of the posts are from much more qualified members than me. I had posted several times and truly never meant to be offensive. ShihtzuGrandy