What new features would you like to see?

larryboy1956
Guide

Re: What new features would you like to see?

Post by larryboy1956 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:03 am

Since there are no private messages, how about giving a table option where we can refuse watchers!!

Kandy477

Post by Kandy477 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:44 pm

1. First and foremost - the two minute timeout when a player is disconnected has got to go. Two minutes is an UNBEARABLE time when you're just sitting there counting the seconds as they tick by. I think 30 seconds is enough time.

2. A "turn" timer. Many years ago I played hearts on MPlayer, and they had a setting that would alow you to specify the time a player had to make a play or the computer would do it for him. The settings would let you choose the time in increments of 5. A 5-second turn timer made for a fun, rapid-fire, think-on-your-feet kind of game. I really miss the excitement of those games.

3. A "Mutants" list. A list of players you don't like, for whatever reason. You could right-click a player's name, select "Add to Mutants list", and from then on, whenever you saw that player's avatar there would be a little "X" or some type of symbol to let you know that you had previously flagged them.

4. The constant server disconnects.

And this is not a big deal - but I'm really not fond of the UI of this game at all. I don't like the avatars or the background, the sound, fooms, and good lord, does the music suck. I think less is more, and I'd like to see something more simple and streamlined.

U.S. Marshall
Active Poster

Post by U.S. Marshall » Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:51 pm

Well I like your idea for a mutants list, it kinda goes with my wish for unlimited and permanent ignores. I don't like the pause game feature either but it was pointed out to me that it could only be used by each player once during a game and when timeout is on the computer will takeover and play a card for a absent player ( turn timer ). Lastly they are not going to completely strip the game down to look like you are playing hearts on windows 3.1. :wink:

Sailing_Away
Guide

Post by Sailing_Away » Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:47 am

Yeah, I hate playing hearts on Safe Harbour or MSN Zone or Tams11 because the graphics are too boring and I very very rarely go there. Because you can turn music off, sounds off, etc, there is already a degree of flexibility here for making things more minimal if that is your preference.

It has already been expressed that having options to choose different themes of backgrounds, avatars and such would be desirable. I think someone already said that's in the works. I am trying to guess what the theme will be that the new Stay-Puff-Marshmallow Man avatar fits in (Ghostbusters theme perhaps?).
-Brian

"Come Sail Away with me...."

CalculatedRisk
Guide

Post by CalculatedRisk » Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:13 am

Jonas just jumping in here, we are still getting tons of requests for a friends list, so I wanted to let you know that is something that many of the players are interested in still. Thanks for listening!

larryboy1956
Guide

Post by larryboy1956 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:06 pm

How about a sound option like there was on hoyle where we could make a clapping sound, laughing sound, a disapointed sound etc...

jabez
Noob

Post by jabez » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:53 pm

Need to be albe to see hosted games that are waiting for players from another table waiting too
that would help us to leave a table that we have waited along time and go to a table that also is waiting.
Again if i have hosted a table or joined one that is waiting and could still see othe waiting tables
without leaving the table and if it is a game that we woho are waiting can now go and join.
so many times there are many 1500+ games with just one player waiting not realizing that another table is in need of maybe just 1 and he does not know because he can't see it unless he leaves his table.

Jabez

U.S. Marshall
Active Poster

Post by U.S. Marshall » Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:55 pm

A little hard to understand but I got your meaning Jabez and agree that being able to see other open tables would be good.

Tomes
Active Poster

Post by Tomes » Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:59 am

Being able to see the Lobby from the game is something that I have always wanted. It could be a pop-up window that one can move around and stick off to the side or squash into almost nothingness.

This would serve a few purposes:
* To see if there is another game calling for players when you are sitting there all by yourself
* To snoop on the status of another game (perhaps someone you know)
* To see what this game is rated at

This does not apply to the chat and the list of on-line players as we have that already, only the table section.

Tomes
:cookie: <-- I like this cookie

DragonTn

Post by DragonTn » Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:59 pm

1. New Fooms
2.New emotes
3. New Avatars an their clothes,hairs an etc.
4. Better People with less anger...lol
Everything is great as well as the site. Keep up all your great works.

larryboy1956
Guide

Post by larryboy1956 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:22 am

Most of the ideas are great ;-) What players are complaining about the most is being kicked out by the server after such a short while....specially in tourneys where they have to wait a little .

U.S. Marshall
Active Poster

Post by U.S. Marshall » Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:47 am

Well I hate it when I host a pards game and my pard loses their connection for whatever reason and any random person may jump in their seat and I cannot kick them out. I would like in pards to have a choice who subs for my pard if they are disconnected.

Sailing_Away
Guide

Post by Sailing_Away » Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:23 am

If you're the host, can't you kick any player out until your pard or a suitable replacement arrives?
-Brian

"Come Sail Away with me...."

grandmaS
Grand Master

Post by grandmaS » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:44 am

Only before the game starts Sailing, once its in play if your pard loses connection you can't kick.

I am woman I am strong

larryboy1956
Guide

Post by larryboy1956 » Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:32 pm

Seems to me that a 52 point moon should be called an " eclipse" instead of a sun. The picture sure looks like an eclipse and 52 points sure suites the name ;-)