What new features would you like to see?

Colorado.babe65

Re: What new features would you like to see?

Post by Colorado.babe65 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:10 pm

For players we know have passed away Have the names in the LOBBY with wings by them,

Colorado.babe65

Post by Colorado.babe65 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:13 pm

I would LOVE to have a reverse hearts Setting Partners ...
so those of us that Used to play can re connect.... and
Enjoy each other once again ..
Thank you very much
Barb

Colorado.babe65

Post by Colorado.babe65 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:29 pm

Colorado.babe65 wrote:I would LOVE to have a reverse hearts Setting Partners ...
so those of us that Used to play can re connect.... and
Enjoy each other once again ..
Thank you very much
Barb

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:56 am

I loved the idea Colorado of names with wings... nice... real nice... we have lost some really good people

JUST DUST
TO BE OR NOT TO BE..... NOW WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT??? TO BE OF COURSE!!!!!

Sailing_Away
Guide

Post by Sailing_Away » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:22 am

Elapsed time charged to a player for each turn. It would help in resolving disputes about whether a kick/ban was justified (more than 2 minute delay) or not.
-Brian

"Come Sail Away with me...."

Lace
Grand Master

Post by Lace » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:00 pm

Sailing_Away wrote:Elapsed time charged to a player for each turn. It would help in resolving disputes about whether a kick/ban was justified (more than 2 minute delay) or not.
Sailing? You can't even vote to kick/ban unless they have been away a minimum of 2 minutes. The system just doesn't even allow it. Not sure what you are asking for here?
Image Remember those you step on while trying to climb that ladder are those you will need to pass again when you fall back down!

Sailing_Away
Guide

Post by Sailing_Away » Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:21 am

I am referring to the fact that it doesn't have to be 2 minutes consecutively, but rather 2 minutes added up cumulatively over the course of the game. I have experienced, and I have heard others report (there is an active thread on this topic going on right now) that people are being kicked/banned and there is no way they delayed for 2 minutes in a single trick.

Because you have one camp of people who swear you can only be kicked/banned if you delay a single instance of more than 2 minutes, and you have another camp of people who swear they didn't delay a single instance of 2 minutes but were kicked/banned, I think it would make for a good feature to include elapsed time per player in the game log since this is obviously being tracked anyway for purposes of knowing when a player is eligible to be kicked/banned. Inclusion in the log would eliminate much dispute over the matter.

For people who have a 1000ms+ ping, it takes 120 tricks to be kicked/ban-able. Almost all hearts games hit that number of tricks at 13 tricks per hand.

If you must keep it a cumulative 2 minute delay, at least subtract the player's ping time from their time charged to keep it fair.

And there is a simple solution already in place for the single consecutive 2 minute delay: timeout.
-Brian

"Come Sail Away with me...."

Gavel Down

Post by Gavel Down » Mon May 10, 2010 3:07 pm

Window Size – Options today are - Full Screen and Max Window which basically are the same. Operating systems today offer many options of windows. It is time you make the change and keep up with technology.

Gavel Down

NEW WINDOW SIZE

Post by Gavel Down » Mon May 10, 2010 3:09 pm

Window Size – Options today are - Full Screen and Max Window which basically are the same. Operating systems today offer many options of windows. It is time you make the change and keep up with technology.

Gavel Down

OPTION – Which games to view

Post by Gavel Down » Mon May 10, 2010 3:17 pm

Since the rooms will stay the way they are.

Add an option so players can select ONLY the games they wish to play in. Solves a lot of the problem.

Gavel Down

Re: OPTION – Which games to view

Post by Gavel Down » Mon May 10, 2010 6:13 pm

Gavel Down wrote:Since the rooms will stay the way they are.

Add an option so players can select ONLY the games they wish to play in. Solves a lot of the problem.
Examples could be;

Game end points:
Partnership:
Spot hearts:
Jack of diamonds:
Disallow moon/sun shots:

Player just has to select the games they are interested in. This would clean up the cluttered rooms and almost eliminate entering the wrong games. It would be relatively easy since those are already in the coding.