What new features would you like to see?

Sailing_Away
Guide

Re: What new features would you like to see?

Post by Sailing_Away » Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:08 pm

I would like guide and TD nics to be able to see the IP address of the players (TD nics in the tourney room where they are blue, obviously). This would help us if we disqualify/ban a player from logging in and playing under a different nic.... we would be able to tell it was the same person.

Or better yet to even support a DQ/ban option (and to reverse it) for Guides/TDs. We can warn/silence etc... but to have an option to DQ from the tourney would be great... then it should apply to all nics belonging to the same account. If a DQd player comes into the tourney lobby, we would see some indicator next to the name (like the blue stars or white/gray dots) to tell us this is a DQ'd nic.

Then we can un-DQ a player to remove it.
-Brian

"Come Sail Away with me...."

luvcookies
Guide

Post by luvcookies » Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:43 pm

i agree whole heartly with lace people who does get set and leave should not join another room even if you put bot in and bots start winning they come back in from lobby and play. :D

ty luvcookies

Primal Instincts
Grand Master

Post by Primal Instincts » Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:18 pm

I think being able see a players IP addy is a lil like hacking their puter and invades their privacy.......IMHO...if you suspect someone is banned send the info into Silvercreek staff or a Guide and let them handle it......just a thot...... 8)
The Wilderness has answers to questions man has not yet learned to ask.

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:45 pm

Yes I agree, IP Addy is going a little too far.... Marking a banned player so behind the scenes it would mark any user name they use is different and does not give direct info on a user.

JUST DUST
TO BE OR NOT TO BE..... NOW WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT??? TO BE OF COURSE!!!!!

Bluestar0247

Post by Bluestar0247 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:20 pm

A friends list so it's easier to find them when you log on.

Primal Instincts
Grand Master

Post by Primal Instincts » Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:32 am

Just type..../find then your friends name........ 8)

U.S. Marshall
Active Poster

Post by U.S. Marshall » Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:30 am

Ya but most people have a dozen or more nics so a list would be kinda nice. :idea:

ShihtzuGrandy

Post by ShihtzuGrandy » Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:56 pm

I tried the suggestion that US Marshall made, went into a room of 1800 ratings (1700) up and asked the questions,watch, learn, quiet, was allowed to stay and watch, was great. Thanks for the excellent suggestion, I didn't make a peep after I asked and was allowed to stay. Learning more all the time. Brought up the Low Man room on the Lobby and Sandbar put the addy for this forum up so maybe more people will comment. Sandbar said Jonas reads the forums but not the Lobby so maybe will make some think. Still think people should be penalized for dropping out, then coming back in when the bot or someone else starts to win the game for them. That really burns my toast!

Mr 3000 Nics
Active Poster

Post by Mr 3000 Nics » Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:18 pm

1- I would like to be able to foom as a watcher etc: zap Ves from the skies :lol:
2- A boomerang kiss foom so when me and Ves moon(all me of course) then she thinks i'm sending her a kiss but it comes back and kisses me ...Sike!! :lol: :lol:
3- And some new avators would be nice
Last edited by Mr 3000 Nics on Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And That's The Bottom Line cause the bald guy with white sideburns SAYS SO ... just ask Sandbar hehe...

Senality Rains
Guide

Post by Senality Rains » Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:22 pm

How bout we do all 3 requests in one and just do a Ves Av :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:27 pm

Something occured to me while writting in another post that I think many would love to see and that is.....

REVERSE HEARTS

This is a game that the loser wins or in other waords you try to take points rather than give them and of course if you take all the points you moon and "IT IS A BAD THING"

This is an optional game to play that is a lot of fun and the only way we can play it is in a social environment, I do think it would be a worth while optional game.

JUST DUST
TO BE OR NOT TO BE..... NOW WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT??? TO BE OF COURSE!!!!!

U.S. Marshall
Active Poster

Post by U.S. Marshall » Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:40 pm

I would like to try it, Kinda think social only would hurt participation tho.

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:48 pm

Didn't mean make it social... it is the only way you can play it now since it will effect your rating since rating only see's winning as winning and if you are playing a game that you are trying to lose (take and go out with the most points first) it will dock you rating, so most won't play it. We used to play it in a league that it didn't effect your Hardwood ratings and was just a league rating, so we could change the winner because winner is declared on site.

What I am asking for is an option to be able to play it in the regular rating system, I think many players would find it fun and a great addition to the optional games provided, like spot, JoD, pards, etc.

JUST DUST

tech_ceo
Noob

Post by tech_ceo » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:00 pm

Trying to stick to the original topic of "features", as opposed to rules/ratings/rooms/etc.,

(In addition to those mentioned in my previous post viewtopic.php?f=4&t=14631#p3465874)

1. In build 86 it would be cool to have an option for "Classic" theme, that simulates the appearance of old build 73. (e.g. solid fonts instead of outline, old card styles, and sounds, etc.)

2. In chat, a slightly longer maximum limit on the length of a single post. (For creating more complex binds, not posting a paragraph of text).

3. As long as we are all in the same room, perhaps we could simply highlight "No Shoot" in Red (with underline for the color-blind and dogs) in the game rules under each game... You want no-shoot, look for Red, you want shoot, look for no red.

99. A button that replaces another player's avitar with the live image from their web cam! :D
90% of problems and dilemmas are laughably insignificant when put into perspective.

Primal Instincts
Grand Master

Post by Primal Instincts » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:40 pm

tech_ceo wrote: 99. A button that replaces another player's avitar with the live image from their web cam! :D
This would be scary Im sure............ROFL 8)