BRING BACK WIZARDS DOMAIN (NO SHOOT ROOM)

Would you like to see a seprate room for NO SHOOT back, like Wizards domain ???

Poll ended at Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:24 am

YES
43%
NO
43%
MAYBE
6%
DON'T KNOW
9%

Total votes: 35

bluebirdpod
Active Poster

BRING BACK WIZARDS DOMAIN (NO SHOOT ROOM)

Post by bluebirdpod » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:24 am

Well its been a little while since Wiz-D was removed, and since I am a NO shoot player, I have noticed a few things.

for one, yes it was nice not having to hunt for a no shoot, you knew it was. Second it takes forever to get
a No shoot game going, it was much faster and easier to get a game going when Wiz-D was up and running
When more games are available to join it causes more time for the players to search for No shoot games, and
having to scroll way down in the games list. I understand it was more work for the Guides to monitor
two main rooms, and I know that the shoot the moon people did not communicate with the people in the
no shoot room, but I think that it was a better fit.

bluebirdpod
Active Poster

Re: BRING BACK WIZARDS DOMAIN (NO SHOOT ROOM)

Post by bluebirdpod » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:42 am

Ok, I guess I should ask ONLY the people that used the NO shoot room to vote, but thats probably impossible.

Its not fair for the people in Smoots who only play SHOOT games to vote NO. but thats how it works I guess.

VeSyY
Active Poster

Post by VeSyY » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:18 pm

We no need 2 roomd .....smoot is good and u can set game wat u wants ....people who play shoot will set shoot people who dont will set ns ....and now is more fun SMOOT IS THE BEST NOW .....more players more people good friends ....and sure better games now we all can set table wat we wants and wat rating we like to play ....always PLAYERS !

onystaeeda
Active Poster

Post by onystaeeda » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:30 pm

Your asking for players who see this topic to read and vote, so your going to get some no votes, most players are very happy that we have one room again, I see many no shoot tables made in smoots so I don't understand your saying you can't find a game if you want a no shoot game you're able to set one and have others join and enjoy a no shoot game. Right now in smoots there is 25 table's set for no shoot with 52 tables made, I see this as 50/50, please explain how you feel you can't get a no shoot game?

PrincessReverse
Noob

Post by PrincessReverse » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:31 pm

I have been playing in both Smooths and Wizard's and find combining those rooms in one a wonderful idea :idea: .
No need to swich rooms to find a right game to play plus so many wonderful players in one place makes HH a great site to be a part of 8)

Senality Rains
Guide

Post by Senality Rains » Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:56 pm

LOL.
setting up a vote is exactly that, by asking the people who like ONE room, to abstain, imho..is laughable.

sandbar
Guide

Post by sandbar » Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:15 pm

The forum was set up for exactly this....a discussion, we won't all see eye to eye, but you should be able to at least state how you feel, if someone wants to set a poll, they have that right :D

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:23 pm

Ok new rule if you don't like the yes vote don't vote or vote maybe.... LOL

I for one really didn't think it was much of a problem to guide both rooms, yes trying sometimes but was acceptable and since there are only a few guides that could vote it wouldn't make much difference overall...

As far as "can we be one" or "I want my own room" I can see both sides of the story, yes with 2 rooms it separated 2 very different aspects of the game on the other hand as a social group of "hearts players" it gives that "homey feel" and we all belong no matter what way you play it.

Hearts certainly is not the most popular game but it has it's dedicated players, some traditional (100 point, no BS), some pards to the end, some like the flair of spot and the JoD (girls like diamonds), some like the dump and run, some like the pirate version - cuttroat, and some like the strategic right down to the last hand nail bitter -- lowman...

but it all comes down to hearts and even though we might not always agree we are a family of players and it's kind of nice to have us all under one roof. With the split I would end out traveling from room to room depending on mood and players available and miss out on the chat which I think is one feature that is the best here.

NOTE: If hearts was a popular lets say as spades is we would have a 1) Regular hearts room 2) Pards shoot only room 3) Pards No Shoot 4) No Shoot reg 5) Spot room Reg hearts 6) Reverse hearts room........... OOOPPPPPSSS!!! don't know how that last room got in there............

JUST DUST
TO BE OR NOT TO BE..... NOW WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT??? TO BE OF COURSE!!!!!

Senality Rains
Guide

Post by Senality Rains » Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:34 pm

Yes i agree sand LOL, but my point is this poll author wants only one result.!! to ask the opposition to abstain IS NOT A TRUE REFLECTION so whats the point in the vote?..

KINGKONG666

Post by KINGKONG666 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:15 pm

yes plzz bring back no shoot room ty

U.S. Marshall
Active Poster

Post by U.S. Marshall » Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:56 pm

Well its interesting anyway.

April30
Active Poster

Post by April30 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:47 am

:heart: Please dont bring back the no shoot room again. Finally we are one reunited again, the most happy thing for me.
It is possible to play shoot, no shoot, partners and all kind of heartsgames with friends in one room, no jumping anymore from one room to another.
And it is easy to see what kind of game has been hosted if you can read anyway.

I am sure everyone will get use to it very quickly and i wish everyone a lot of :heart: -fun.

April30

mr foom

Post by mr foom » Fri May 01, 2009 8:18 am

I can't see a need for 2 rooms. It really slows down the shoot. There's a better chance that no shooters will try a shoot game with all games in the same room. My wait time has been severely cut down.

tech_ceo
Noob

Post by tech_ceo » Fri May 01, 2009 10:30 am

When you listen to people's opinion on this topic, it seems to be split down the middle. When you look further, the division is not at all random. Players that play mostly shoot games are virtually all in favor of the combined room, while most no-shoot players want separate rooms and a few don't care. This outcome is perfectly understandable.

As someone who plays mostly no-shoot these days, I originally preferred the split rooms (for the usual reasons). However, it's working out fine with the rooms combinded for now, at current traffic levels.... That last part is the key. At some point (perhaps double the current number of players?) there will be a need to have more than one room, but with that many players, the shoot players will no longer have the problems with split rooms because there will be plently of players in each room for games.

Unfortunately, the volume of players online is not constant throughout the day, so as the number of players grows, we may push capacity limits of one room during peak hours, but have well under the max for the other 19-20 hours of the day.

A possible temporary solution, during the growing period, would be to open Wizard up only during the peak hours and close it the rest of the time. Another would be this one (#2) I posted in a different thread.
90% of problems and dilemmas are laughably insignificant when put into perspective.

Sailing_Away
Guide

Post by Sailing_Away » Fri May 01, 2009 10:39 am

The "silence 10 seconds" button?

j/k
-Brian

"Come Sail Away with me...."