Needs Upgrade Players

Mr 3000 Nics
Active Poster

Needs Upgrade Players

Post by Mr 3000 Nics » Fri May 22, 2009 4:59 pm

I see alot is said in the lobby of hearts on this subject so i decided to finally make an official post on the subject.Personally i think it is unfair to the players who had to pay for the game to continue playing that now it is a free game thou some of the options are restricted to the people who don't pay but playing a game is the reason why we all joined and paid not to have 20 different avators or fooms etc thou they are an added bonus.But that's not my main complaint about these players who don't pay.I understand you are trying to get more players in to play so with that said my main complaint is you can't see their ratings so i boot them out of every game i set and so does everyone else i know.Alot of people agree with this and some people don't but i want to explain why i do.Seeing how you can't see their ratings you don't know what kind of player you are playing ( re: their rating ). I don't mind if their rating was high at all what i am concerned about is lowwwwww rated Upgrade players as i know alot of people are. I don't want to play a 1400 , 1300 , 1200 , 1100 , or god forbid lower then that , rated players but you can't see their ratings to tell.So why chance it just boot em at 1st glance! I have many nics that are still in the provi stage close to the 20 games played so i sometimes use them and set for anyone , especially on the off hours when it's harder to get a good rated game. But i do have a solution i would like to ask Jonas if he can look into!! You know when you ping someone or yourself and only you can see the information about the ping no one else in the lobby or in the game sees this just you.... well can you make a " rating ping " per say so other people can see the ratings of these players without them seeing it? I would then stop kicking all these Upgrade players if they have half decent ratings and i know what i'm up against. If they have bad ratings then i would kick them as i would normally kick someone with bad ratings without having to kick all of them :!:
Oh and Sandy i baked you some cookies ..hope u like them , they are vegemite flavor ewwwwwwwwwww :roll: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :mrgreen:
And That's The Bottom Line cause the bald guy with white sideburns SAYS SO ... just ask Sandbar hehe...

sandbar
Guide

Re: Needs Upgrade Players

Post by sandbar » Fri May 22, 2009 6:20 pm

Hmmmmm, ok, busy baking vegemite flavoured cookies here..................... :P

Primal Instincts
Grand Master

Post by Primal Instincts » Fri May 22, 2009 6:43 pm

Arent Vegemites those lil tiny bugs you cant see?......... :shock:
The Wilderness has answers to questions man has not yet learned to ask.

U.S. Marshall
Active Poster

Post by U.S. Marshall » Fri May 22, 2009 8:26 pm

I agree with mr 3000 on this issue also, Sandy bake me some chocolate chip cookies. C is for cookie :D

sandbar
Guide

Post by sandbar » Fri May 22, 2009 11:59 pm

I tried a new recipe with savoury biscuits, adding a little vegemite to them, ty for the hint, 3000 :wink:

Senality Rains
Guide

Post by Senality Rains » Sat May 23, 2009 6:05 am

I see a lot of jealousy, just like i would expect from my 13 old daughter.....i have paid too, but unlike the masses i appreciate what i had for 9 years of my money, that would last 2 nights maximum in the bar.
thats all i have to say...other than if i was a new player i would smartly turn around and leave....without paying afyer the abuse from paying members i have seen.

luvcookies
Guide

Post by luvcookies » Sat May 23, 2009 6:16 am

i agree with you mod the nics i seen about it and how members treat people like that i liked the game and just got it. my little 3 year old niec acts better then what i seen

ty luvcookies

Primal Instincts
Grand Master

Post by Primal Instincts » Sat May 23, 2009 6:41 am

I wanna go to the bar you go to Rains.....thats usually 3 drinks here.........heh 8)

Senality Rains
Guide

Post by Senality Rains » Sat May 23, 2009 6:54 am

lol Boosh , im not a big drinker, but i would certainly buy you a beer anytime, it was just a general comparison that shot off the top off my head, you could really go anywhere, and spend any amount and it still wouldnt come to the value of what i have had from hw , heck go to the funfair for one night, or the cinema , heck a cab fare home for my mother in law would cost more ( cos i moved her to the moon) LOL (love ya mam lol).
I just dont think we are giving these guy's a fair shot...there could be some dang good souls amongst these new folk, those that are rejecting them out of hand, could well be rejecting good friends of the future. we had the same chance as these folk, just in a different way. so lets give them their chance. :heart:

Primal Instincts
Grand Master

Post by Primal Instincts » Sat May 23, 2009 7:23 am

I agree with you 100% Rains....I cant understand why people have to be so mean and rude.....perhaps its their lack of any authority in real life......or just general boredom in their lives......I have said in other threads you cant buy this much enjoyment ANYWHERE and I know I have certainly recieved my moneys worth a 1000 times over in just the friends I have made in HW.....the game is a bonus.......

I dont drink anymore bud but I would have a beer with you anytime anywhere......
8)

PS....My Mother In Law is up there too.....got her a great deal on a private crater on the dark side......heh

PrincessReverse
Noob

Post by PrincessReverse » Sat May 23, 2009 7:38 am

I can see your point Mr 3000 Nics (ratingwise) and would like to add that majority of those new folks quit lots of games because they have no concern for other players here. Just click on any of their (web) profile and see for yourself. This is so annoying as it has happened to me on many occasions. If they get kicked they make new nic and comeback just to quit again. I realise that some of them are probably good people, but if someone has no respect for my game it is really tough to welcome them all with open arms. :x
Last edited by PrincessReverse on Sat May 23, 2009 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mr 3000 Nics
Active Poster

Post by Mr 3000 Nics » Sat May 23, 2009 7:51 am

As you see people only see the part about not paying to play which if they read my post carefully i state that i understand that Jonas is trying to get players in here. It's the not being able to see their rating is a huge factor in if you want to let that player stay in your game or boot them.I do not play 1400 or lower rated players when i can see their ratings so if i can't see their ratings then what am i suppose to do? Take a guess? LMAO. Well gee he "looks" like a 1579 so he can stay :lol:
And That's The Bottom Line cause the bald guy with white sideburns SAYS SO ... just ask Sandbar hehe...

U.S. Marshall
Active Poster

Post by U.S. Marshall » Sat May 23, 2009 8:35 am

Mr 3000 nics is not calling the new players scum of the earth or advocating genocide against them he just wants to be able to see their ratings as would I, I also kick players under 1400 when i am establishing a new nic and allowing unestablished players to join. I am quite sure there are lots of good people in the new players so being able to see what they are rated at is not asking a lot.

Senality Rains
Guide

Post by Senality Rains » Sat May 23, 2009 8:38 am

yeah no problem, we all have the right to choose who we we play and what we play...but i see bushwackings in the lobby, rather than discreetly avoiding them lol...it makes us look bad, and why would they join us if the ones that have paid are mercilessly tearing into anyone that has "free version" in their profile, i don't take any pleasure from making someone felt unwanted in the lobby if i want to play them or not. the making of nics ..."no eggheads here" LOL?...please do not do these things in my name.

U.S. Marshall
Active Poster

Post by U.S. Marshall » Sat May 23, 2009 8:44 am

Well I never attack anyone in the lobby unless seriously provoked ( and I know better than to do it then but my manly pride demands that I defend myself ) and this entire thread seems to have turned into a who hates who thread, I have no problem with new players we need them but like was said before if I cannot see their ratings I will kick them, its nothing personal its the same way as I would not call a $1000.00 raise in poker without seeing my cards.