Pard in single games

grandmaS
Grand Master

Re: Pard in single games

Post by grandmaS » Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:37 am

You are free to ask a guide to private to discuss this kind of issue with them, but we can't have it going on in the lobby. Please make the guide or guides aware of the situation in private so they can keep an eye on it and don't take it to the lobby.

Thank you

I am woman I am strong

Lace
Grand Master

Post by Lace » Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:13 am

Guides are not at liberty to discuss another players account. You followed the proper procedure and filed a report. I have gone to mm with you twice already and have repeated that I can not do anything more about it. Continually bringing it up in the lobby each time you enter will not help the matter one bit and yes, it will get you silenced for talking about other players.

If you have already relayed your problem to both Jonas and Jason, I'm not sure what more you want the guides to do for you.
Image Remember those you step on while trying to climb that ladder are those you will need to pass again when you fall back down!

Sailing_Away
Guide

Post by Sailing_Away » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:38 am

Kroebi,

In reading this thread, I sense a dissatisfaction that perhaps you don't feel anything was done after you followed recommended procedures, which could be because procedures don't include cycling back to you to inform you of the disposition of the report you filed. I am not very sure what will help as that is for good reason that players don't know the final disposition reports they file.

You said yourself though that the players have been gone now for a couple weeks, which leads me to think that some action was taken. The process may be slower than you would like as they need time to determine appropriate action, which means discerning between perception issues and legitimate problems.

In your case, you had a complaint, a guide informed you of the proper way to address the complaint, then the complaint followed its normal course. That's really all the guide can do above keeping the lobby clear for games. Then you noticed that the site owners seemed more interested, but that is because as site owners they can do more to address the situation than the guides have latitude to do. Perhaps even Jonas or Jason read the reports you filed before and took interest because of that.

The summary of this, then, is that everything worked the way it should work. You may want quicker justice, but sometimes it's best when cooler heads prevail and decisions are made based on evidence as opposed to the noise of the squeaky wheel.

Regds,

Brian
-Brian

"Come Sail Away with me...."

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:23 am

I agree and well written Sailing. It never pays to slam people, beliefs, politics or other controversal topics, it is a card site and filing a report does have an effect, it may not be as quick as you wish. Bottom line is this is a game and a game site, you know who they are avoid them others will learn and do the same. Have fun and enjoy your games and you will find it much more fun. I cannot find where cheating to achieve a high ranking can be fun since you would know you had to cheat to achieve it. Let it go and enjoy knowing you have what you have because you made your choice on how to play.

JUST DUST

PS - Achieving a 1700/1800/above rating does not get you anything extra and I'm still waiting on my new truck.... for years now LOL
TO BE OR NOT TO BE..... NOW WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT??? TO BE OF COURSE!!!!!

grandmaS
Grand Master

Post by grandmaS » Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:15 pm

Guides can not let you go on about someone in an open lobby.

One reason is because, say I get mad at you, so I go in the lobby yelling that you cheat, and you say I don't cheat now we have a lobby disturbance cause anyone that doesn't like you or likes me will agree with me and anyone that doesn't like me and likes you will agree with you.

I am not saying its never true but I am trying to make you see the type of problems this type of thing can and will create if allowed. As such its not allowed, if you want to discuss this type of thing with a guide go to private with them, take thier advice and file reports and ask them to keep an eye on the player or players involved.

But do not do it in an open lobby, or you will get silenced, that is in fact what guides are supposed to do.

I am woman I am strong

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:38 pm

I personally have never known a Guide to personally be thrilled to silence anyone...

They do as instructed and if you have been told not to bring it to the lobby, don't...

I also know that when I was a guide we did do something about a player(s) we were told about, the problem is proving that a player(s) are in fact cheating. More than once over the years facts were obtained to show the facts. It's sort of like saying that Dust wear's Red shirts every day. To prove or disprove this is not something that could be easily be determined. They (meaning SCE) are not going to just go by your word on this and need evidence to justify taking action and I do not fault them at this.

JUST DUST

PS - No I don't wear a RED shirt everyday, but have worn a red shirt... ok redish but you only have my word on that... I know I could have Mrs. Ogre tell ya, oh wait that's not proof either... can't put a pciture in here, it could be altered.... hhhmmmm.... I wear mostly blue, black and grey.... nope doesn't work.
TO BE OR NOT TO BE..... NOW WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT??? TO BE OF COURSE!!!!!

sandbar
Guide

Post by sandbar » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:12 pm

I think your complaints have been listened to, and as others have said,
I have gone to mm with you twice already and have repeated that I can not do anything more about it.
we can only do so much, we do try and monitor the players you have spoken to us about, we, as guides, are unable to replay your games, which is why we ask you to file a report with the gamelog number, only admin can read this, and judge accordingly.
It is very hard to prove............ and we, as guides, are always willing to listen to you........BUT not in the lobby...........