music choice

runner
Noob

music choice

Post by runner » Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:11 pm

I am sure it has been asked before but how do i set up the audio to play my own music selection? If I copy a cd to my hard drive can I then add to the playlist and listen to as an alternative to the music supplied?

Sailing_Away
Guide

Re: music choice

Post by Sailing_Away » Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:08 am

First, you need to go here (or your equivalent directory) to find out where the music is stored:

C:\Documents and Settings\(your user name)\Application Data\Silver Creek Entertainment\Hardwood Hearts\Data

Open up MusicDirs.txt and check what path is there. For me, it's c:\windows\media. Likely you will not want to change this, though it opens up possibilities if you do.

Now that you see the path, go there in file manager, and you will see lots of midi files (*.mid) that were supplied by SCE. You can add your own midi files here (most you can legally download for free). However, I don't think you can add any mp3, wma, or wav files to the playlist, so ripping CDs or downloading Napster tracks and making a playlist of those is not possible. Best you will find are instrumental versions of your favorites played on a synthesizer.

But at least you have the ability to add variety to your playlist. :-)
-Brian

"Come Sail Away with me...."

runner
Noob

Post by runner » Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:01 am

thanks sailing-away that was a great help

runner
Noob

Post by runner » Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:31 am

first time i have ever heard bohemian rhapsody on an organ :lol: :lol:

U.S. Marshall
Active Poster

Post by U.S. Marshall » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:13 am

I doubt it would be quite as good as a organ song either.

U.S. Marshall
Active Poster

Post by U.S. Marshall » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:58 pm

It must be a Windows 7 thingy but I thought I will try this and put some Alan Jackson on the organ but I do not get past the application data ( cannot find it ). Grrrrrrrrrr I was decent with XP but feel like a dork with this new system.

Sailing_Away
Guide

Post by Sailing_Away » Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:06 pm

Is this one of those things where you have to click on "Compatibility Files" to see them (introduced with Windows Vista)?
-Brian

"Come Sail Away with me...."

Lace
Grand Master

Post by Lace » Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:02 pm

I do it the easy way. I turn off the sound on Hardwood, throw in a CD and just use whatever media player I have on hand (winamp, quickplay, etc.) If you minimize the media player, you can keep any music going you want.
Image Remember those you step on while trying to climb that ladder are those you will need to pass again when you fall back down!

U.S. Marshall
Active Poster

Post by U.S. Marshall » Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:00 pm

LOL, Well I play music with my media player also Lace, But I was whining cause I could not find what Brian was talking about.