is this fair?

zaurak
Active Poster

is this fair?

Post by zaurak » Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:06 am

I feel somewhat annoyed...i was kicked out of a game and when the game ended i was given -14 points....is that fair as I did not leave but was kicked out?? :shock: :evil: :evil:

U.S. Marshall
Active Poster

Re: is this fair?

Post by U.S. Marshall » Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:49 am

Your ratings are adjusted to what you would have recieved had you finished the game to the end. If you were kicked out you had to be delaying the game because a player cannot just be kicked out because someone wants to kick them out. For example if you try to kICK someone that is playing their cards in a timely manner you will get a message that says You cannot kick out rated players unless they are repeatably stalling or delaying the game.

Sailing_Away
Guide

Post by Sailing_Away » Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:45 pm

What if the player ignores that message and kicks them out anyway?
-Brian

"Come Sail Away with me...."

Primal Instincts
Grand Master

Post by Primal Instincts » Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:50 pm

Once the cards are dealt you cannot kick anyone from a game unless they have not played for two mins.....then and only then can you kick them....... 8)
The Wilderness has answers to questions man has not yet learned to ask.

zaurak
Active Poster

Post by zaurak » Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:27 am

then it would appear that i was wrongly booted from a game....yes i was chatting but the delay was nowhere near 2 mins...and because of this i was ejected from the game and had 16 points dedected :(

HW_Martine
Active Poster

Re: time runs away

Post by HW_Martine » Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:12 am

Hello,

You might think that you did not delay the game around (or more than) two minutes while you actually did ... Time runs away faster than we think ! :-)

For exemple, let's say that you are the first bidder of a round. It is your turn to bid ... you think a little while and you hit the bid button. Then, the other players (one after the other one) think a little while and also hit the bid button. It sure takes some time, isn't it ? Let's say that since you did bid and until the last player did bid, one whole minute went away.

It is now back at you to play ... but you then start doing something else not related to the game. You only have one minute left to play before the game program starts thinking that you are delaying the game. So, yes, you might have chatted elsewhere only one minute, but the fact that you were not active in the game more than two minutes allowed the other players to eject you from the game.

Maybe next time you have to do something else but playing for a little while, you could let the other players know about it and they might be patient and wait for you to be back.

p.s. 1 : thought it was 14 points ... ;-) Sorry, I just could not resist to type this :oops:

p.s. 2 : Being active in the game by just watching the game screen is not considered as being active by the game program, because it does not have any webcam to be sure your eyes were staring at the game board the whole time lol !

I wish you lots of fun and very good luck in your next games ! :)

Sincerely, HW_Martine.

Sailing_Away
Guide

Post by Sailing_Away » Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:53 am

The two minutes is cumulative?!?! Do you know how fast inactivity to 2 minutes can ring up on a 100 point game at just a few seconds per trick?

See, I knew there was something wrong here.... I have seen the "vote to kick/ban" option used for active players (and I have been on both sides), and I knew the player wasn't inactive for 2 minutes (that trick).

I also think this is a discriminatory policy against dial-up users. Their clock really starts seconds before they get the baton on their computer. I use to be a dial-up user.... now I am glad to be on FiOS broadband.... but I can recall being kicked from games that I played in because people didn't like my ping and criticised me for slow play. I could have been quite disgruntled and stopped playing here altogether had I not been addicted to the TOP tournament.
-Brian

"Come Sail Away with me...."

zaurak
Active Poster

Post by zaurak » Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:35 pm

i will just have to concentrate more on the game...forget the friendly banter...how r u I'm from the uk nice to see you! forget all that let's get down to playing some serious hearts and lets get ready to dump that queen...partnership forget that..... it's war baby :D :D :D

HW_Martine
Active Poster

Post by HW_Martine » Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:59 pm

Hello again,

In no way did I want to make anyone frustrated ... but maybe, no matter what would have been written by me or others, the purpose of some posts was anyway to ventile and so, I am sorry to have tried to answer about the "two minutes / kick issue" if it did not bring anything new or interesting to this thread (I am typing the word issue because there seemed to be an issue about it).

Things should not be white or black, but grey. It sure is a matter of each and every one to see things in the color they want it to be. It sure is very nice to have a table full of "hello" "how are you" and so on. But it would be unfair to blame any player(s) willing to have a fast game, as it is part of the options given on this site.

Let's say that my attempt to help in this thread will at this second only be based on asking you if you did think about all the options given when hosting a game : timed game, timeout players game, social game, off line game and so on. Depending on the game you host or sit at, the two minutes / kick issue will or will not exist at all. :-) Maybe the right question could be : what is the reason you come on line for ?

For my part, I do come on line to have fun friendly games but if sometimes other players do not play or act the way I wish them to act, I wait until the game is over and then I try not to take offense of what did happen and I try to have a pleasant moment at another table with other players. Things were not perfect around in 2009 and they will not be perfect in 2010. And so what ? Let's forget what is sad or frustrating and let's think positive !

p.s. : Playing a game against the nice looking bots is the best way not to get ejected from any game ! ;-)

As said up, I wish you lots of fun and very good luck in your games.

Sincerely, HW_Martine.

zaurak
Active Poster

Post by zaurak » Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:01 pm

thanks martine for your advice and certainly the bots may be nice and polite...buy i'll stick to online and enjoy the social gaming aspect may that be good or bad

HW_Martine
Active Poster

Re: :-)

Post by HW_Martine » Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:36 pm

:)