Veterans Hall

U.S. Marshall
Active Poster

Veterans Hall

Post by U.S. Marshall » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:35 pm

I Really like the idea of this room and was wondering if in addition to players who have played 50 rated games or more may only host or play in games in this room if it could be expanded to only players who have played 50 or more rated games may join this room. I am being a little selfish on my part here but I am getting so sick of some players that are always resetting trying to pick fights with me.

SCTNE
Noob

Re: Veterans Hall

Post by SCTNE » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:24 am

I agrre with you totally U.S. Marshall. I see the same room in hearts too. This sounds like a plan for all games on the site if approved. I'm with ya! :mrgreen:
Sincerely,

Robert - SCTNE (Player), Will Shakespere (Teacher) amd Professor Robert (Tourneys only)

Senior Computer Telephony Network Engineer - emFAST Inc.
MCITP - SQL Business Intelligence . Vista / Window 7
MCSE - Windows 2003 and Exchange 2007 track

Primal Instincts
Grand Master

Post by Primal Instincts » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:02 am

Isnt this why they have the game set up to play rated or non rated based on your rating etc at + or - 50 and so on......its currently set at 20 games with the big blue V....provies cant enter that game until they have played 20 or more games......maybe I am not understanding what you are saying here.......... 8)
The Wilderness has answers to questions man has not yet learned to ask.

U.S. Marshall
Active Poster

Post by U.S. Marshall » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:04 pm

Its not them joining my games primal, it is just a jealousy thing on their part I think and they tend to make all their noise in the lobby, of course this is not meaning everyone but when I posted this 1 of the more vocal lobby loudmouths had been carrying on saying things like the @ wipe ( spelled that way also ) is here now and other colorful things. It probably seems childish to get irritated by this but there are several who like to do this and if they get together it is really annoying especially if i am sitting in the lobby waiting on my pard or someone else to pard with.

Primal Instincts
Grand Master

Post by Primal Instincts » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:42 pm

Ya I hear ya.....we have the same type of people in spades......some act like its their room and will actually request some players leave and not come back......or beat ya in the ground in the lobby......usually with enough reports filed these players dont last long......but while they are there they can be obnoxious as hell.......the ignore button is awesome.....Im sure it was well thought out when they created it.....hang in there and let em burn themselves.....they always do........ 8)
The Wilderness has answers to questions man has not yet learned to ask.

SCTNE
Noob

Post by SCTNE » Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:10 pm

That's not right guys. We should be able to have a room that has absolutely NO harrassment - hey, what about an 'invited' room? Would that work? Only invited guests can come into the room to begin with and be able to set up and play on the tables. And if anyone gets out of hand, their membership to that room is revoked and a written apology to the person they offended is sent via email and CCed to the room's admin so that it is recorded into the system if future disciplinary action is needed.

I've been chewed out by a lot of people too - I am a good player, just the dealer can not be as forgiving. He he. It's like all online games. This is the reason why I gave up helping to moderate Yahoo - that was a complete mess out there and in the end I deleted my ID and forgot about going there ever again.

Also maybe we can place further filters on U.S. Marshall's information above and see if we can somehow lock that crap out. If only we could do something more. We'll create a list and see if SC can assist us in that. I'll have to think on this a bit to see if we can colloborate with them on that issue.
Sincerely,

Robert - SCTNE (Player), Will Shakespere (Teacher) amd Professor Robert (Tourneys only)

buck910721
Noob

Post by buck910721 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:16 am

:heart: :D A no one over 2% would be a nice option in Veteran's as well.......... :D :heart:

7MUDD7
Noob

Post by 7MUDD7 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:23 am

i would to see this raised to a 1000 games.
the main problem with Hardwood is weeding out the rudd players. the only thing that can be done is disable the name. Then the rudd player only has to make a new name and player 20 games and back to being themself.
if there is a 1000 game limit to get into a game, it can be in the same room, the regular players will watch what they says and we can play without listening to the MF's and th F U' flying back and forth.
I think you are on to something only the limit needs to be raised. I don't spend much time in the Lobby and I don't watch too much what goes on in there.
We also deffently need more guides in the PST time zone.
5 kids are a joy and Hearts help make it that way

SCTNE
Noob

Post by SCTNE » Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:57 pm

If that is the case and where I have not played 1000 games yet, can it be by invitation for myself? I am NOT a rude person and try to keep the peace with everyone and enjoy the game. :)
Sincerely,

Sailing_Away
Guide

Post by Sailing_Away » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:28 am

This would not be a good way to fix this problem, in my opinion.

I have seen lots of provisional players who were new who were chased off by rude ones, and I have seen rude players who have thousands of games under their belts.

Judging a player's propensity for rudeness on games played is very inaccurate.

Something that might work.... I have seen something like this on It's Your Turn..... is having the players rate the politeness of others. On the player's profile page, you can leave feedback on politeness and timeliness by scoring them from 1-5 (5 being most polite) on each. You can't see how anyone rated you, and your rating doesn't show until 30 or more players have rated you (statistical sample size).

Possibly the most polite or least polite can be identified with a symbol next to their name in HW.

Specifics of how IYT's system works is as follows:

Feedback lets the ItsYourTurn.com community know about your experiences with a particular player.

What it is:
You can look at a person's feedback on their user profile page. Feedback is what other players on the site think of this player. Currently, two items of feedback are available, Politeness and Timeliness.
Politeness is how polite someone is in their communications with you, either through private messages or on the public message boards. 5 is very polite, and 1 is very rude.
Timeliness is how fast someone moves: 5 is very fast and 1 is very slow. A low timeliness rating is not necessarily bad-- some players cannot get onto the site more than once a day.

Feedback is always visible on the person's user profile page. There is no way to block this information from appearing.

Who can provide Feedback:
Currently, only paid members can provide feedback. However, both members and non-members can receive feedback. We only let members provide feedback to avoid the possibility of someone creating multiple accounts just to lower someone else's feedback rating.

How to give feedback:
All feedback is anonymous. No one but yourself will know what feedback you have given. The specific person only sees the total score, never the individual feedback scores.

To give someone feedback, pull up their user profile page. On that page you will see their total feedback, and any feedback you have previously given this person.
Click on the 'change' link besides your feedback score. This will bring you to the feedback page.
Enter your feedback for one or both items.
Click 'submit'. This will take you back to the person's user profile page.
Check the feedback box to make sure that your feedback was updated.
You can change your feedback for this person at any point in the future, if you change your mind.

NOTE: Feedback totals are updated every 24 hours, so you won't see the effects of your feedback immediately.

How the totals are calculated:
Initially everyone's feedback counts as 2 votes. However, if your politeness score rises above 4, then all the feedback you provide will count as 3 votes. If your politeness score falls below 2.2, then your feedback will only count as 1 vote. On ItsYourTurn.com, a polite player's votes is counted three times as much as a rude player's vote.

Feedback totals are only calculated once per day, so your feedback will not be counted immediately.

How feedback affects you:
Your feedback score will be shown in your user profile page, on the message boards, and in the waiting room. Players will have the option to block message board messages below a certain politeness rating. Feedback scores will be listed in the waiting room, and rude players may find that fewer and fewer players are joining their games. Players who are rude will find that as their politeness rating falls, they will lose more and more privileges on the site and be increasingly shunned by the ItsYourTurn.com community (at least, this is what we hope). Therefore, as always, we encourage all players to be polite to others.

We may also provide rankings of the most polite and least polite players.

When to provide feedback:
After you've played someone two or three times and you feel that you are familiar with their playing style, you can provide feedback at that time. However, if a player is immediately rude to you, feel free to give them a 1 politeness rating right away. If you see someone on the message boards that isn't providing any constructive input, you may also give that player a 1 politeness feedback. On the other hand, whenever you encounter someone on the site who is nice and who you would recommend to others, please give them a 5 politeness rating. This will allow others to share in a pleasant playing experience. Remember, you can change your feedback score at any time.
-Brian

"Come Sail Away with me...."

U.S. Marshall
Active Poster

Post by U.S. Marshall » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:57 pm

Well Brian its a idea, but I know some of the people who would rate me hate me cause I have a high rating, so I would get the worst rating from them. I am never rude unless provoked and if a guide isn't around I will only put up with it for so long before I will either leave, change nics ( this does little good since my other nics are usually rated pretty high also ) or decide to lower myself to their level and talk crap back ( this 1 is usually the most satisfying when you get sick of the crap LOL )

MaddogUSMC
Active Poster

Post by MaddogUSMC » Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:32 pm

:mrgreen:
U.S. Marshall wrote:Well Brian its a idea, but I know some of the people who would rate me hate me cause I have a high rating, so I would get the worst rating from them. I am never rude unless provoked and if a guide isn't around I will only put up with it for so long before I will either leave, change nics ( this does little good since my other nics are usually rated pretty high also ) or decide to lower myself to their level and talk crap back ( this 1 is usually the most satisfying when you get sick of the crap LOL )
:mrgreen:

I :mrgreen: am looking 4 a good partner join me any time in spades. No pass only game. Maddog1pogo, MaddogUSMC :mrgreen: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :oops: :heart: :diamond: :spade: :mrgreen:
Kiss a Veteran today, without them you would not be as free as you are. Remember the ones who gave all they had for this country. From a Combat Vet.

7MUDD7
Noob

Post by 7MUDD7 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:23 am

The original idea to increase the 20 games to 50 was to try to control. the rude players.
The rate for rudeness has me concerned as most player conceder you rude for passing the Queen on spades and then leading spades. This is a great play to go after the low player at the table and it breaks no rules that Im aware of, but they complian and the ones that complain the most are the low scores at the table. So you will be judged as rude for trying to go after the low player at the table.
Though I am kind of new here as I have only played 10,000 plus games and have been called and called everything under the sun on this site :shock:

larryboy1956
Guide

Post by larryboy1956 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:21 pm

Personnally I dont play in smooth's cavern or any other room than my own league room because each time I have tried, I have been insulted during game play. I have been playing this game (hearts) since I was 6 years old, now I'm 54 and considered a very good player but sometimes, there is nothing that can be done when we have crappy cards and how the hell am I supposed to know if I should play lowman or not when everyone seems to be playing their own game? Hardwood will have difficulty getting paying players if they dont solve the insult problems.

7MUDD7
Noob

Post by 7MUDD7 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:31 am

I don't no what HH is considering to do about this, but I suspect that the idea that they will loose the name and usage will deter some of this. Currently there is no consequences for being an az player, you either are warned (if a guide is around, fat change of that most are in the GMT 12 time zone), muted (big deal), or deleted in which they just make a new user name and continue and most of them have many user names to make the insults with. I could names names but then my user will be censored.
The pay per user name has a deterrent factor to it, we will have to see what happens.