shoot me in the face

dadiomac
Active Poster

shoot me in the face

Post by dadiomac » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:00 pm

Without a doubt Hardwood hearts has the best graphics, and the best variety of hearts of any other game site…. It’s discouraging that the level of play isn’t half as good!!!!! in the past few months I have played quite often… I have advertised lowman games… I have announced before the game has begun to play to hit low…. giving any player that doesn't wish to play a lowman game the opportunity to leave or not join... I guess I need to just accept the fact that this site is cutthroat 95% of the time and occasionally a person might accidentally stumble into a lowman game. It just amazes me how often people are quick to dump on high to finish 2nd or 3rd… I would love to see hardwood make an attempt to preserve the integrity of the game by adding a lowman game option…. Not a mandatory change for every game but on option that one could choose just like we currently do for no shoot bonus, always pass, j.o.d., etc etc etc. With a lowman option only 1st place would see an increase in their rating. I personly could care less about my rating… I’m a lot happier to have a good lowman game where the winner ends with 80 or more points…. I just want to find good quality games on a more consistent basis.

U.S. Marshall
Active Poster

Re: shoot me in the face

Post by U.S. Marshall » Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:59 pm

Well Dad this has been brought up dozens of times and it always boils down to, you cannot force people to play a certain style. If they could make a option to set games where only 1st place got + rating points it would definately make people play for 1st but It must be a programming nightmare or they would have done it before.

zaurak
Active Poster

Post by zaurak » Mon May 10, 2010 2:01 pm

I love to dump! :D I love those petty little arguments..and little squabbles :D you'd think it was a life or death game :twisted: ....that's prob why i get voted/kicked out sometimes...seriously though this is the best and most active hearts forum in the world and i love it :heart:

larryboy1956
Guide

Post by larryboy1956 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:30 am

If I'm not mistaken, the object of the game is to win by having the lowest score so what is wrong with giving someone the queen of spades if it's going to make you win or bring you closer to a win? This lowman thing has gone way out of proportion. It must be just delightful for a newby to play a game and get insulted because he doesnt play lowman. Personally, I find lowman very boring and should I have the opportunity to win I will give the queen to anyone as long as it gets me to my goal. I must admit that giving rating points only to the winner would be a sound idea.

U.S. Marshall
Active Poster

Post by U.S. Marshall » Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:38 pm

I am with you 100% Larry, the thing I have noticed most is the 1's that scream play lowman usually have the worst ratings. Maybe they are hoping for a accidental win if they can get 3 people to play exactly the way they want to :lol:

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:56 pm

I have been yelled at for winning a game by dumping the queen on "highman" and I say if I win by doing that I am doing what I should be doing, sorry not here to extend the game if you/players did not go after me when I am lowman and change my strategy so I may still win.

JUST DUST
TO BE OR NOT TO BE..... NOW WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT??? TO BE OF COURSE!!!!!

dadiomac
Active Poster

Post by dadiomac » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:22 pm

dumping on highman to win the game is awesome! don't think anyone should complain about how lowman is playing or if someone dumps to win the game!

Very often the Ratings are not a true gauge of a players ability! my rating suffers because so many games I go for low and many times am the only one doing so. As a result my rating suffers..... I could care less about my rating... care a lot more to just have a good game!

U.S. Marshall
Active Poster

Post by U.S. Marshall » Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:07 pm

Dad I also go for low if I am not low and so do many other players, but yes there are players who are not as steely nerved as us to hold points for low or they may know if they don't dump they are gonna eat all the points. You just have to deal with the different playing styles cause you cannot enforce a lowman rule.

Sailing_Away
Guide

Post by Sailing_Away » Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:55 pm

The rule violated was not dumping the QoS on highman for the win... it was not letting someone else win. I get yelled at sometimes by people for not throwing the game into their win column.

Fortunately, the remorse wears off before I even notice it.
-Brian

"Come Sail Away with me...."

la24philly
Active Poster

Post by la24philly » Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:05 am

prehaps HW can create a room online where players can traine other players on how to play the right way, tips, stradegy, etc. I know their is a training mode not online but I think the social interaction would be a better way for those who want to become better at the game. I will submit a formal proposal to the creators and mgmt to see if they would create such a room.

lots of times players don't understand what to do, even after you tell them. They need to also see what your telling them. I also will ask if an online training room is created that it also will show the players learning what you are trying to say and a visual of the play in action.

thanks,
lou
your main man louie lou rocking the 3rd shift for all you full time vampires

PandoraEllen
Active Poster

Post by PandoraEllen » Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:38 pm

Lou when I am helping a player learn the game I simply make it a social game.
Just remove the check mark on rated game.
Also MM room has a tutorial selection. :heart: :wink:

The Joy is in the Journey!