Rude Behavior during Game

niknich
Active Poster

Rude Behavior during Game

Post by niknich » Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:30 pm

I may or may not like someone's strategy while playing, but I simply feel it is so very rude to call a player an idiot when playing a regular game (not tournament, just a game). Yes, I was called an idiot and had lightning flashed at me, etc. But this idiot (meaning me), won the game. I will never say I am a great player or even a good player - but I have played a long time, regardless, and I do try my best to win (playing single, not doubles). I keep my comments to myself and try to enjoy playing - but it is not much fun when someone makes it a point to demean another player. :( What's the point?
Last edited by niknich on Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sandbar
Guide

Re: Rude Behavior during Game

Post by sandbar » Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:51 pm

Being called names is not acceptable, and yes, there are some players who do, (thankfully in the minority), but we are there to help with that kind of trouble, if no guides are around there is a report form you can fill out from your right in the game info under Lobby Menu, or on the left in the lobby, or simply just use your ignore button on that person, then you can't see comments or fooms, and you can turn fooms off in your game option. Good luck in your games........ :D

U.S. Marshall
Active Poster

Post by U.S. Marshall » Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:14 pm

It happens a lot and usually the 1 calling someone a idiot or a moron for unloading the queen will do the same thing when they are in a position where they might eat the queen. I have learned that you have to get rather thick skinned to play cause you are always going to run into some jerks at times.

la24philly
Active Poster

Post by la24philly » Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:28 pm

In addition you can also ignore some of those players. The best course of action is never sink to theire low, I applaud you when you typed you keep your comments to yourself, that shows self esteem.

Just remember in the end no one actually looses, this is a game nothing more nothing less. Relax have fun and have a drink on me.

:cookie: i made fresh cookies you can have some chocolate chi to lol
your main man louie lou rocking the 3rd shift for all you full time vampires

Primal Instincts
Grand Master

Post by Primal Instincts » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:33 am

The ignore feature is great if you arent curious and un-ignore em to see what they are saying lol....and the report system if no guide is available....and I file a lot of reports (as Im sure Jason knows rofl ).....

Sometimes its really hard to resist making a comment back at em but I find just acting like they dont exist USUALLY shuts em up....most come in and are rude just for the response they get.....yank their soap box out from under em they will go away or start on someone else....
8)
The Wilderness has answers to questions man has not yet learned to ask.