This will be a weird question

U.S. Marshall
Active Poster

This will be a weird question

Post by U.S. Marshall » Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:28 am

I have been hearing rumors about some changes and I don't want to say what I have heard cause I don't want to stir up a hornets nest, But I have a question in case the rumor is even partly correct. The 1st Nic I created I misspelled the name on and I have not used it in years and nor do I want to use it, Is it possible that I could change my master nic to U S Marshall?

sandbar
Guide

Re: This will be a weird question

Post by sandbar » Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:29 pm

Bryan, as far as we know at this point in time, the only thing that has changed is the reset button, in Hearts.
Why not make a new one now? US Marshall or U S Marshall, if the nic isnt taken wouldn't it be a good idea?

U.S. Marshall
Active Poster

Post by U.S. Marshall » Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:17 pm

LOL, Thats crazy talk Sandy. I have most of the Marshall Nics as you know I just want a choice what nic is my master account nic if it comes to that.

For Jonas I am tickled pink about the reset button being removed as it has always been a thorn in my side watching players play a few games and run and reset constantly.
I probably hated it most cause it would wipe out all the games a player would quit and i could never tell if I was playing a game allowing unestablished players if they were a game quitter. Now it seems they cannot cover up what I consider to be the worst offense on HW Leaving Games Early, and yes I know that now and then a power outage or internet problems will cause a occasional incomplete.

gecco
Noob

Post by gecco » Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:49 am

This is silly.

I use a couple nics. One with a 1600+ rating for playing like players.

I have another with a reset rating for playing 1400 players or unestablished players.

If I have to revert to a single nic ... I will not be playing lesser rated players. I have found, historically, that playes with a much lower rating have a chip on their shoulders and target the higher rated players based on their rating, not the low man, and not the cards.

Also, anyone that resets their rating is no longer established. They end up having to play "down in the mud". It is easy for the host to not accept someone to play based on their rating and web history, I do not believe that reset ratings affected play history on the web profile. So, if you did not want to play someone with a reset rating ... check out their web profile and do not play them.

It is amazing to me that there are so many people that complain and want to change things because they do not see value ... when it is likely someone else does have value in it...

stop medling and just play and have fun

U.S. Marshall
Active Poster

Post by U.S. Marshall » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:11 am

But now every game a player quits is logged on their profile and we don't need to troll thru the web profile to see if so and so has quit 1/2 a dozen games out of the last 25 played.