One Main Nic Option

Mr 3000 Nics
Active Poster

One Main Nic Option

Post by Mr 3000 Nics » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:53 pm

Hello Jonas i have a question to ask you about a main nic option.For years now people have complained about the fact that someone can make unlimited nics in hearts.I personally am not one of those people who care about it but i was going through my nics the other day and believe me i have alot of them hence my forum name.To be honest i would like to cut my nics down to only a handful and get rid of my nics that have been "playered" throughout the years but i would like to keep the rating these nics have.So my question is would it be possible for the Hardwood programmers to add an option called something like "Main Nic" that would allow a person to let's say "click and drag" so to speak all the nics they have and don't want anymore to a "Main Nic" and all the win/lose and rating's of these nics would be tallied into this one nic and then those nics would be deleted for the person?I already know this is probably too hard to do but i didn't think it would hurt to ask anyways.I look forward to your response.
And That's The Bottom Line cause the bald guy with white sideburns SAYS SO ... just ask Sandbar hehe...

U.S. Marshall
Active Poster

Re: One Main Nic Option

Post by U.S. Marshall » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:37 am

To add my 2 cents worth I like that Idea but would like to go 1 step further and Limit everyone to say 6 nics and do what Zee suggested with the drag option.
Say you could keep your 6 Favorite nics or 3 Favs and leave room to make 3 new 1's later on or make 6 new 1's any combination like that but after you make your choice the rest of the nics that you have would be wiped clean and those names would be available again.
Last edited by U.S. Marshall on Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sandbar
Guide

Post by sandbar » Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:24 pm

Yeah, cause when Zee DOES visit Hearts lately, I never know he's there anymore, dump those 2,999 nics, Zee............. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Lace
Grand Master

Post by Lace » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:39 pm

U.S. Marshall wrote:To add my 2 cents worth I like that Idea but would like to go 1 step further and Limit everyone to say 6 nics and do what Zee suggested with the drag option.
Say you could keep your 6 Favorite nics or 3 Favs and leave room to make 3 new 1's later on or make 6 new 1's any combination like that but after you make your choice the rest of the nics that you have would be wiped clean and those names would be available again.

I like your idea U S, other than the part about wiping the names clean and they would be available again. Possibly, and this is a huge maybe...if they had a one year moratorium before they are used again? I'm just remembering a player that was really not well liked by the majority of players in hearts. After that player was gone, a brand new player made a nic VERY similar to the problem player who was no longer on the site. This new player was treated HORRIBLY by a whole lot of players and couldn't figure out why. Someone would have no idea that the nic they were creating may have just been cast out from a player who rather ruined the reputation of that nic.
Image Remember those you step on while trying to climb that ladder are those you will need to pass again when you fall back down!

U.S. Marshall
Active Poster

Post by U.S. Marshall » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:17 pm

Good point Lace I never thought of that

Lace
Grand Master

Post by Lace » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:50 am

heheh, that's why they pay me the big bucks!
Image Remember those you step on while trying to climb that ladder are those you will need to pass again when you fall back down!

Primal Instincts
Grand Master

Post by Primal Instincts » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:59 pm

I wouldnt even know where to begin with all my nics.....whew!!! :shock:
The Wilderness has answers to questions man has not yet learned to ask.