Pard play in single

Sailing_Away
Guide

Re: Pard play in single

Post by Sailing_Away » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:03 pm

If these two are well known and getting a reputation for helping each other like pards in singles games, then it should become widespread knowledge, and some people will avoid them in such games. A foes list would come in handy here. That should be the consequence in such a situation. There is no need for a guide to get involved with how people choose to play the game.

While I personally don't like it when people "partner up", you cannot really make the site enforce a kind of singles strategy (i.e. "lowman"). If people want to dump on high, play for second or third, partner up, etc, there is nothing a guide should do about that.

The guide is there to maintain order in the lobby, and if the game chat spills over into the lobby in an unfriendly and disruptive way, the guide is correct to tell the players to keep it out of the lobby and enforce it.
-Brian

"Come Sail Away with me...."

onystaeeda
Active Poster

Post by onystaeeda » Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:57 pm

Hold On Mr Kroebi..........I know of these same 2 players and When they come into smoots yes the helper brags and you better believe that "Sandbar" does her best, I have seen her kick the whole table.
She can only do so much, as well as a guide has to be polite to the players, I have seen her take crap from players in the lobby about these 2...........what the office needs to do is ban these accounts.
So don't say the guide does nothing.

U.S. Marshall
Active Poster

Post by U.S. Marshall » Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:38 am

Yes sandy does try to deal with them and all the guides report them also, The big question is why does admin allow them to continue cheating when they have been reported hundreds of times. It is not worth having a few extra people in hearts ( for the numbers I guess ) playing when they are nothing but cheaters.

Sailing_Away
Guide

Post by Sailing_Away » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:57 am

Are these two cheating, or just playing to help each other? Big difference in my opinion.

Admins should take action if there is cheating going on, as should be evident in game logs reported by their opponents.

If they have only undertaken an unpopular style of play, though, what is this site to do? Should they go after people who don't play singles following proper "lowman" rules, too?
-Brian

U.S. Marshall
Active Poster

Post by U.S. Marshall » Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:37 pm

Come in hearts and watch just 1 of the games they play and you tell us Brian.

Sailing_Away
Guide

Post by Sailing_Away » Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:04 pm

Sounds like it's pretty blatant. In which case, why does admin allow it to go on? Time for swift justice, Marshall! :-)
-Brian

Sailing_Away
Guide

Post by Sailing_Away » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:49 am

Putting myself in the guide's shoes, I may either not be aware of the notoriety of the cheating pair or may feel like my hands were tied about allowing them to be there since admin hasn't taken steps to ban them yet. As such, all I would be able to control in this case is keeping a tight rein on the lobby talk.

Just my opinion on this tough situation.
-Brian

U.S. Marshall
Active Poster

Post by U.S. Marshall » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:49 pm

kroebi A lot of us are as upset as you are about the cheating going on, The other guides Know about it also and report it, But they cannot let the lobby chat go on with the cheat accusations cause it just stirs up trouble. As far as i know all of the hearts guides are as upset about the cheating going on as the rest of us and they are just as frustrated that the office will not ban the cheaters.

onystaeeda
Active Poster

Post by onystaeeda » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:25 pm

:P Bryan we agree for a change :wink: :lol:
All joking a side I agree! the guides can't let the lobby have a mess going on about these 2.
Maybe more players will join forum and speak up here and stop giving the guides so much crap.
Hope the office has been reading our comments :mrgreen:

Lace
Grand Master

Post by Lace » Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:40 am

While I agree this is a huge problem, there is nothing personally the guides can do that the players can't. True, the rules state that you can't help someone cheat, but the rules also state:
15. You will not announce quitters/cheaters or make any other derogatory player comments In The Lobby: If you feel someone is cheating, has quit, or has done something inappropriate do not announce your opinion in the lobby or game room. Instead please use the in-game report system, and if you choose make a note not to play with the individual in the future.

Guides cannot ban people. File your report with your proof to admin and let them handle it. Kroebi, I'm sure if a player started screaming in the lobby that you were cheating, you would not want a guide to take their word for it and immediately toss you from silvercreek? We get just as frustrated as you do when known players can continue this. But trust me, it is NOT the guides fault. What is our fault is if we let the lobby be completely disrupted and allow the rules of the site to be broken on things we ARE there to handle. We have talked to the players, abandoned games and even kicked and sat in one's seat to finish games that we ourselves have observed.

If you know someone cheats, the best suggestion I have is just what the TOS rules state -- don't ever join them and file that report. It then falls on their account and not yours for disrupting the lobby, announcing cheaters, harassing players, public complaints, etc. etc.
Image Remember those you step on while trying to climb that ladder are those you will need to pass again when you fall back down!

Sailing_Away
Guide

Post by Sailing_Away » Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:51 am

A "foe's list" would be very helpful in such a case. Right click on the offending player's name, add to list.... done. An ideal foe's list would hide that player's nic from the player list, hide any games that player plays in, would prevent that player from joining your room and would hide all chat by that player.

Obviously, we would also want a friend's list to bring to the top of the players list any friends in the room, and any tables to the top of the list that your friends are sitting at. Server messages can also appear when your friends come and go.

I know this is a change in topic, but I did it to highlight one good reason for this functionality that applies to the current problem. If it were easy to make a problem like this go away, I would think there would be fewer lobby disruptions.
-Brian

U.S. Marshall
Active Poster

Post by U.S. Marshall » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:32 am

well the friends foes list is all well and good but what kroebi wants as do the rest of us hearts players is for the offending parties ( we don't know for sure how many accounts are involved but at least 4 and i suspect a few more ) to be dealt with severely as this has been going on for about a year now and I posted somewhere in here the lobby chat showing how much disruption these people are causing with there cheating.

Sailing_Away
Guide

Post by Sailing_Away » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:16 am

A year?!?! Then what is the front office doing taking so long to act? Frankly, since that is the case, I might support the lobby uprising - I certainly understand it better. There is no expectation that the admins will ever do anything about this, and they are not providing the guides any kind of support.

The only people being punished are the normal players (and the guides).
-Brian

onystaeeda
Active Poster

Post by onystaeeda » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:57 pm

Kroebi I don't feel that your comment regarding Lace to be true about being so fast with a button, Lace has been here a long time she doesn't put up with crap and I mean crap..so if your going to toss out into the lobby a conversation that's all bull she isn't going to let it go. she will act on it.
When I came here over 9 years ago I had a nic that Lace felt I shouldn't use she came to my table asked me nicely after my game could she see me in mm I said yes, when I went to mm she was very polite to me asked me not to use it and gave her reason I respected her reason and I removed it from my list.
Seems to me... you and I have gotten off the subject of this post......But sorry I didn't like what you said about Lace.

sandbar
Guide

Post by sandbar » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:38 pm

by U.S. Marshall » Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:49 am

kroebi A lot of us are as upset as you are about the cheating going on, The other guides Know about it also and report it, But they cannot let the lobby chat go on with the cheat accusations cause it just stirs up trouble. As far as i know all of the hearts guides are as upset about the cheating going on as the rest of us and they are just as frustrated that the office will not ban the cheaters.
Lace is a well respected guide, and please believe we are doing all we can, we (guides) all follow the rules set down by Hardwood, if you are silenced, its for a reason, and, like Lace said, yelling it out in the lobby doesnt help, if you think someone has cheated, either file a report, or call the guide to one side, and speak to them about it.
I have seen Lace abandon the game of the two you speak of, and silenced them as well, so they haven't been able to set another table, don't forget we are usually busy behind the scenes also monitoring other games.
We can only do so much at a time, even though us women are used to multi tasking :D