On Line Page Gone

onystaeeda
Active Poster

On Line Page Gone

Post by onystaeeda » Tue May 10, 2011 12:45 pm

Your new upgrade for the profiles is ok..........but why did you remove the on line page with the list of players who are signed in?
This was a great way to check and see if your friends was in smoots?.........now you go in and have to scan the list who's in smoots.
Bring back the on line page I know many who don't like this change.

Jonas
Illuminated One
Illuminated One

Re: On Line Page Gone

Post by Jonas » Tue May 10, 2011 3:15 pm

We'll liking be bringing back on a similar page when we get time to do so. We have other features planned that may just kinda make it moot though from the friend awareness point of view.

U.S. Marshall
Active Poster

Post by U.S. Marshall » Tue May 10, 2011 3:34 pm

well just for the record I agree with Dee I really liked to be able to check and see who was online sometimes for friends sometimes for problem players.

sandbar
Guide

Post by sandbar » Tue May 10, 2011 4:46 pm

Have patience, all will be revealed in time, they are still working on new features. :wink: :wink:

Sailing_Away
Guide

Post by Sailing_Away » Wed May 11, 2011 6:47 am

I understand about the fact that we will be getting at least as much functionality back, and am very pleased overall if that means the incorporation of having "friends" lists (and perhaps "foes" lists as well). To be able to find your pals easily if they happen to be online, and to block the riff raff that seems to be the source of a lot of frustration are very positive steps, and kudos if this is indeed what you mean.

The only thing that confuses me - is there a reason these pages were removed prior to the delivery of the new features? In a way, this would be what I would consider a production functionality outage, and I wouldn't be allowed to do that to the people who use the software I support unless there was just no other way around it.

And perhaps there was no other way around it for you - but I figured I would ask anyway.
-Brian

"Come Sail Away with me...."

U.S. Marshall
Active Poster

Post by U.S. Marshall » Sun May 15, 2011 10:22 am

I will probably get used to the new profile view even tho I hate it right now cause its harder to see a pattern of cheaters like it was when you could see 25 games lined up in a row. But I like to be able to see when a Nic was created as this is useful in spotting a problem. Maybe that could be included in the changes.

onystaeeda
Active Poster

Post by onystaeeda » Mon May 16, 2011 9:04 pm

Well it really isn't much fun when you can't see who's signed in, and as Bryan said the new profile style doesn't show past played games like before, or when the nic was created
Jonas you said when you get time about this issue of removing the on line page ?........any clue when you'll get that time?
And please I don't want to hear
"Have patience, all will be revealed in time, they are still working on new features"
Use to be so many players in smoots, many very good players have left the site and keep taking away things that did make this a fun site, you'll lose more.
We would have to wait outside smoots to get in to play, many, many times we had to wait to make a table. I don't see all this change as any improvement.

U.S. Marshall
Active Poster

Post by U.S. Marshall » Tue May 24, 2011 7:48 pm

It sure does suck I am not playing 1 game compared to 20 games I used to play in a time frame, I can not find my friends without going in and slowly scanning the list to try not to miss any of their nics, and I cannot find the damn cheaters either until they have joined my game and then I kick them and they whine up a storm in the lobby.

I sure would likt to know why some people that have been reported hundreds of times by players and guides alike continue to come back and play week after week, it seems to me that they must be prefered customers because they buy multiple accounts so that they can cheat and hardwood would rather allow the cheating and get the money than enforce a rule in the TOS.

VeSyY
Active Poster

Post by VeSyY » Fri May 27, 2011 5:40 pm

All I Can say it i totaly agree with Bryan and Dee ...Bring the on line page Jonas hearts before was much fun now like Bryan say cheaters prosper there and they still continue and continue to play ... I used to play a lot games and to love this site i still do but this is sad wats going on now there.

jondalar
Active Poster

Post by jondalar » Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:33 pm

Do you know what sucks, Jonas? No disrespect intended; however, the people, your customer-base, is talking to you, and you are blatantly ignoring them. Be it the Reset button or the Online page link that used to be available showing who currently was online (sorted by Rating), or several other issues: questions are being asked and these questions are falling on deaf ears and being completely ignored. Your customers are, simply put, frustrated! Your single reply to this post and your replies to other posts are cut-and-paste the same: you promise this and that and oh this will be better for you because of that and several weeks later absolutely nothing has changed, it's all the same. This Online link was a tremendous help that found friends and foes alike. This information was a valuable resource, at least for me, because it determined whether I would play that day or not. If there were stalker nicks that I know then I would either not play, or go incognito. If my friends were there, then I would play with a known nick. The link also indirectly showed the cheater nicks that were online at that time. The problem I have is that this was a tool that was available for the entire time I have been a member (10+ years), then all of a sudden, without comment or concern, it was gone! How's that for in-your-face management! Who cares about the customer, we're cutting it because we have a better idea. Well, where's the better idea? HERE's an idea: until YOUR idea is known, how about providing this link again?

The Online link was a great source of information. Please listen to your customer(s) and either provide the product, or properly explain your logic in not providing the product. Don't beat around the issue telling me something else will be better, explain your logic in removing the tool that was already the best!

Regards, Rod Tennant (aka, Jondalar)

sandbar
Guide

Post by sandbar » Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:46 pm

I do hope Jonas reads the forums soon, as we are losing players..........and yes, the players, as well as others deserve a response.

onystaeeda
Active Poster

Post by onystaeeda » Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:45 pm

OK Jonas now you have heard from some of us I started this May 10th today is June 3rd so any clue when we will hear from you again? Haven't you found time?

onystaeeda
Active Poster

Post by onystaeeda » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:31 pm

OH Jonas I would like to thank you for ignoring us again and again..........and oh yes your new ideas are so wonderful that all we have in smoots is a bunch of no skilled no shoot single games what a great site you have NOW

U.S. Marshall
Active Poster

Post by U.S. Marshall » Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:17 pm

But they ban people for saying bad words while the blatant cheaters play every day and laugh in the lobby about it.

Jonas
Illuminated One
Illuminated One

Post by Jonas » Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:04 pm

I understand that not everyone is thrilled with not seeing the current online players.

You can however see a players game history like so:
http://www.hardwoodgames.com/profiles/J ... ry/page/1/