Jonas - Can We Get the Reset Rating Back?

niknich
Active Poster

Jonas - Can We Get the Reset Rating Back?

Post by niknich » Tue May 17, 2011 3:52 pm

I wrote this information under multiple nics - but am afraid it will probably be missed there. Is it possible to reinstate the reset rating? I really do think that when one's nic gets so low, that a new nic is created. I am sure many would go back to using an original nic if they could get back to 1500 and start again.....

For some reason, I cannot ascertain the reason why it was necessary to remove it in the first place.

Thanks!

U.S. Marshall
Active Poster

Re: Jonas - Can We Get the Reset Rating Back?

Post by U.S. Marshall » Tue May 17, 2011 4:59 pm

People were creating new nics and still are regardless of the reset thing being there or not, I personally think that resetting is just a cop out and taking the reset away was 1 of the positive changes that has been made.

niknich
Active Poster

Post by niknich » Wed May 18, 2011 4:44 am

I totally disagree with you. Not everyone who resets has a diabolical motive for doing so. Not all players are great players - and when scores get so low - now since we can no longer reset - some just open up a new nic. It really is not much fun for those to come to a game with a glaringly low average. Now, with the newer version, it would be a nice incentive to allow those who have gotten so low to reset and restart. What is the problem with that? Also the differentiation of scores effects the awards of winning or losing a game with the other players involved. If your nic is down to 1200 would you continue playing with it - or would you reset or get another nic?

AllenT
Noob

Post by AllenT » Wed May 18, 2011 2:33 pm

If a person's nic falls down to 1200 it is probably because they are not a very good player. Why should they be allowed to reset so they can come back and play as a 1500?
Would that be fare to the higher players? I have a nic that has been as high as 1700+ and has fallen as far as into the 1300's. Do to 14 straight 4th places. But if one keeps playing things turn around and the next thing you know you're back up where you belong. No need to reset.

niknich
Active Poster

Post by niknich » Wed May 18, 2011 2:59 pm

What is the big deal if they reset - there is no monetary involvement - and there are many bad players out there and many players who just get very high cards and a very high score. Who ever heard of a hearts champion really? Ok bridge, yes. Backgammon, yes. Chess, yes. But hearts? There is no monetary involvement - so why not be able to reset - who is it hurting anyway - once you reset - you have to go through the 20 game process anyway - so if the nic owner is willing to do that - why not - why have to force him to get a new name if he likes the nic he has already??

U.S. Marshall
Active Poster

Post by U.S. Marshall » Wed May 18, 2011 5:04 pm

niknich wrote: Who ever heard of a hearts champion really? Ok bridge, yes. Backgammon, yes. Chess, yes. But hearts?
LOL, Why are you even playing hearts if you think it is not a real game but bridge, backgammon and chess are real games played by champions, obviously you must be much better at those games and do not need to reset in them so I would suggest that you play those games and give up hearts all together.

niknich
Active Poster

Post by niknich » Wed May 18, 2011 6:57 pm

Your sarcasm really is not appreciated. I may be good at backgammon (which I am - but I do not play by program - but face to face with opponents), but that isn't the point, is it?

U.S. Marshall
Active Poster

Post by U.S. Marshall » Wed May 18, 2011 8:13 pm

you made the point all by yourself :D

HELLION

Post by HELLION » Sat May 28, 2011 5:36 am

Why not bring back the reset button? If it is your nic... u play with it ! It shouldn't be no one else's business if u want to reset it! :roll:

larryboy1956
Guide

Post by larryboy1956 » Sat May 28, 2011 9:03 am

You people seem to forget that it is a game. . .maybe if the reset would be set at 1400 it would satisfy everyone?

U.S. Marshall
Active Poster

Post by U.S. Marshall » Sun May 29, 2011 10:07 pm

I prefer to see a players true skill rating and not 1 that is constantly being reset, there are a lot of players that will reset after every loss. If they did bring the reset back I think it should only be after 500 games played or 1 year which ever comes 1st.

onystaeeda
Active Poster

Post by onystaeeda » Sun May 29, 2011 11:35 pm

The reset option would be helpful for many who fall below 1300 rating, that has to be so hard for them to raise the rating to join a 1400 game.
But also this site has made so many changes in the past few months that as I see it and maybe Jonas or Jason would come into smoots in the evenings, now I know they are west coast so shouldn't be that hard to do.
Because so many players are leaving we don't hold 200 players at prime time playing...I'm NOT seeing many on the new build. So I asked myself how much more money has this company made with the new build with all the changes?
But I can tell this company if you care about the players who have been here for years, that are still here~!!!! we are so unhappy with the site now, it's because you have taken away somethings we "the players like " I can't find my friends no online page.........this really sucks waiting 45 min's to over an hour for a pard game. So we call it a night and leave.
So I ask you the office to see what can be done before we all leave....what good is that going to do you with a handfull of new people?........... :(

U.S. Marshall
Active Poster

Post by U.S. Marshall » Mon May 30, 2011 6:51 am

Well said Dee