Reports / Cheats

Bommer
Noob

Reports / Cheats

Post by Bommer » Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:26 am

How many game numbers or and reports do the office or admin need before they act on blatant cheats? I only ask as the player or players I reported months ago are still at it. This is one of the main reasons I seldom play Silver Creek games, and know that many other member's have reported games and the same player/players.

I don’t know if it would be correct for me to name and shame the player so I won’t, but would like some kind of response as the site is getting ruined by these few players that if not cheating, break site rules day after day with harasment, names and general bullying. Is there any point to filing reports??
I have just logged on and the lobby is in uproar over the same player/players and all seem to be saying the same, mind the web profile say's it all too, as in almost every game, all singles the same 2 nics are there?

Its seems to be the same few player's time after time spoiling it for genuine honest players.

Thanks Bommer :wink:

U.S. Marshall
Active Poster

Re: Reports / Cheats

Post by U.S. Marshall » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:43 pm

Check the post online page gone, Bommer. We have been posting trying to get some response with no luck, it seems that they have decided to quit supporting this site.

Sailing_Away
Guide

Post by Sailing_Away » Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:32 pm

Is it a matter of not enough manpower to patrol and review and take action? Why not train and deputize a few volunteers who will review reports and rule according to the clearest of guidelines? I am sure there is enough of a core who can be trusted to run such a program and ensure that they don't go overboard, and the end result will be a good, family-friendly site we can all be proud of.

Would they (SCE) go for this? It has worked elsewhere.
-Brian

"Come Sail Away with me...."

U.S. Marshall
Active Poster

Post by U.S. Marshall » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:15 pm

Something better happen soon or this whole site is a gonner

Wendywoo
Noob

Post by Wendywoo » Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:17 am

What an ironic post "break site rules day after day with harasment, names and general bullying"(sic)

I have only ever played you once Bommer and you bombarded me with fooms and constantly criticized my play,because
in your opinion I my pass was poor because someone mooned. You could obviously see my hand.
If I play with someone like that, I put them on a list to never play again.

Maybe you should ask yourself some questions.

Jonas
Illuminated One
Illuminated One

Post by Jonas » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:16 pm

The problem is unless support gets someone saying their cheating, its probably not something we're gonna take action on.

I'm sure you guys can imagine that we get plenty of "so and so is a cheater" type reports. But most of the time is entirely inconclusive. Luck/Skill etc can look like cheating especially to folks that lost. But even if there was cheating there is no sure fire way to know unless a person is verbalizing it in chat.

I hope we can work around this issue by having friends/private play in the future so that its easier to pick who you play.

U.S. Marshall
Active Poster

Post by U.S. Marshall » Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:04 pm

Cheaters by their very nature are going to deny any wrong doing and of course they would not admit to cheating. But the select few that bommer and the rest of the hearts community are enraged about are so blatant that it would only take watching 1 or 2 games to see how obvious it is, I say 1 or 2 games because sometimes the cards can fall so bad that it might not be seen, for instance the accused might get cards so good that they don't appear to do anything wrong or it could go so bad that they could not help their cheat partner.

We have been reporting these same accounts for over a year now so we would have expected something to happen long before this. I am sure you get reports on lots of people myself included accuseing us of cheating, but when you get hundreds of reports on the same accounts it stands to reason that something is wrong there.

Just review a few games from the Top 2 on the Top 25 leaderboard it is so obvious anyone could see it.

U.S. Marshall
Active Poster

Post by U.S. Marshall » Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:28 pm

Cheaters by their very nature are going to deny any wrong doing and of course they would not admit to cheating. But the select few that bommer and the rest of the hearts community are enraged about are so blatant that it would only take watching 1 or 2 games to see how obvious it is, I say 1 or 2 games because sometimes the cards can fall so bad that it might not be seen, for instance the accused might get cards so good that they don't appear to do anything wrong or it could go so bad that they could not help their cheat partner.

We have been reporting these same accounts for over a year now so we would have expected something to happen long before this. I am sure you get reports on lots of people myself included accuseing us of cheating, but when you get hundreds of reports on the same accounts it stands to reason that something is wrong there.
Murderers, Rapists, burglers ect. ect. rarely admit to their crimes either but they get convicted by evidence.

We are trying to save the Hardwood hearts community not crucify a few innocent souls.

Oh and that set a game for friends thing will never work, not in hearts anyway, Hearts is not geared that way and even when we set a game established only it takes quite awhile to fill the game, If we set only for certain friends we would not be playing very many games.

Just review a few games from the Top 2 on the Top 25 leaderboard it is so obvious anyone could see it.

U.S. Marshall
Active Poster

Post by U.S. Marshall » Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:31 pm

well the stupid thing double posted me when I edited my original post

Bommer
Noob

Post by Bommer » Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:13 am

Wendywoo wrote:What an ironic post "break site rules day after day with harasment, names and general bullying"(sic)

I have only ever played you once Bommer and you bombarded me with fooms and constantly criticized my play,because
in your opinion I my pass was poor because someone mooned. You could obviously see my hand.
If I play with someone like that, I put them on a list to never play again.

Maybe you should ask yourself some questions.

Sorry Wendy but I don’t remember playing with or against you, I do foom but I am always pleasant and treat people as I wish to be, as regards to me breaking any site rules please feel free to report them, and your issue with being Foomed, in the game hit the menu tab, then options then game options there you will find a box No Foom tick the box and you will have no more further issues with fooms.
I do hope that helps you but I would hope next time you read the forum and respond correctly next time.
Thank you
Bommer

Wendywoo
Noob

Post by Wendywoo » Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:00 am

I do foom but I am always pleasant and treat people as I wish to be,

That's the point, you were extremely unpleasant, not just to me but to someone else in the game, you are
obviously very deluded.
I do not want not to turn fooms off, that wasn't the issue, the issue was your nasty comments.
I suppose your answer is to turn off the chatbox, does that excuse your behaviour? T think not.
No one said you broke any site rukes, try and read the post properly.

I do hope that helps you but I would hope next time you read the forum and respond correctly next time.

Wendy

U.S. Marshall
Active Poster

Post by U.S. Marshall » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:49 am

Ok the number 1 I meant dropped off ( probably hiding out ) review the #1 and # 3 Nics on the leader Board, for goodness sake the guides have been reporting them and booting them from games also it has to be common knowledge in the office also.

Just for the record wendy I have never known Bommer to be anything but pleasant in any game even if he was losing so I think you are on some vengence mission.

Bommer
Noob

Post by Bommer » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:25 am

Wendywoo wrote:I do foom but I am always pleasant and treat people as I wish to be,

That's the point, you were extremely unpleasant, not just to me but to someone else in the game, you are
obviously very deluded.
I do not want not to turn fooms off, that wasn't the issue, the issue was your nasty comments.
I suppose your answer is to turn off the chatbox, does that excuse your behaviour? T think not.
No one said you broke any site rukes, try and read the post properly.

Wendy
Wendy I am not going to get involved in another drawn out dispute with you when your comments have no relevance to my forum post. If you find you need to attack me or discuss this further then send a private message and no need to insult me thank you.
As I said I don’t remember ever playing against or with you so it’s not fair of you to say I’m very deluded, and I made nasty comments. I am sure as the said game traumatized you so much and my behavior was so appalling, you must have the game number and or the game chat? If so then send it to the office. I have many friends on the site that know me very well, but there are a few that spoil it for others and unlike you I am not one of them.
Please don’t post again as this just seems to me you are only out to attack me, it’s one of the reasons I hardly play on the site.
Thank you
Bommer

Bommer
Noob

Post by Bommer » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:30 am

U.S. Marshall wrote:Ok the number 1 I meant dropped off ( probably hiding out ) review the #1 and # 3 Nics on the leader Board, for goodness sake the guides have been reporting them and booting them from games also it has to be common knowledge in the office also.

Just for the record wendy I have never known Bommer to be anything but pleasant in any game even if he was losing so I think you are on some vengence mission.
Yes Brian in one of my games a guide came in saw it all and abandoned the game and informed me to repot the game as they were going to too.
and thank you :wink:

U.S. Marshall
Active Poster

Post by U.S. Marshall » Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:04 pm

Yep the #1 cheater resumed his spot at #1 on the leaderboard and number 2 and 3 are occupied by the blatant cheaters, there was a rule that cheating is not allowed if this rule has been changed I think we should all be informed. Since the cheating at this scale has been going on for over a year I must assume that cheating is allowed and embraced at this site now.