Fooms and Spouting PNPer and Heart Etiquette

niknich
Active Poster

Fooms and Spouting PNPer and Heart Etiquette

Post by niknich » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:04 pm

While I enjoy fooms for the most part - sometimes though they can be quite annoying. Some players love to thunderbolt you when they receive the queen. Or they get mad if they have to take hearts. The best is when someone leads spades and the unfortunate one to get caught with the spade will call the player a PNPer even though they were not the one who passed the queen to that player.

Please tell me is there a special etiquette expected when you play hearts? If a person is playing with Jack of Hearts and No Shoot Bonuses, Spot Hearts and the only long suit with low cards is spades, is it wrong to lead spades? Now if I have a long suit of spades, I will hold the queen and short suit myself elsewhere - but when I have 6 or 7 spades - combo of low and high - is it wrong to lead them to draw out the queen? I ask because inevitably someone gets really mad and starts using the favorite phase PNPer even though the queen was not passed.

Truly - do tell - what is considered heart etiquette?

Mr 3000 Nics
Active Poster

Re: Fooms and Spouting PNPer and Heart Etiquette

Post by Mr 3000 Nics » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:13 pm

Do fooms and names really hurt you? They don't hurt me i just foom them back and i laugh at them about the names.I give it back to them"within the rules of course"twice as bad.You can turn the chat off if it bothers you that much or file a report which really does work believe me!I had my fair share of bans back in the day due to launguage issues but i have grown past that now i am alot older and very much wiser.If you have language problems at the end of the game do not leave the game before you call a guide or they won't be able to read the"Game Chat" just sit in the finished game and wait until a guide comes in.As for PNP there really is no such thing.Until i joined Hardwood i never ever heard of it before.I use to play live tourney's and never once did i hear anyone say PNP or PNP'er.It can actually be a very good stradegy to get low man or to boost your own position in a game if need be.Play your hand the way you need to play it period!I love when lowman yells PNP it sends me into convulsing laughter and if i am 2nd and pass the QOS to 3rd or 4th and all i have left is high cards or spades so i play a spade knowing very well they are going to dump the QOS back on me and they yell at me PNP'er i always ask them"so if i played a high suit you didn't have you wouldn't have dumped her on me,you would have saved her for lowman?"It's amazing they never answer me back LOL!!!!!! SO you can't PNP unless they are lowman(sometimes not even then) but dumping is ok on 2nd place if they are 3rd or 4th or 2nd and 3rd if they are 4th.Makes me wanna puke sometimes at all the double standards people have here and all the whining that ensues.God forbid someone has to come in 2nd,3rd, or 4th.And it's always the PNP'ers fault when they do! It can't be that they had bad cards that game or the card gods just weren't with them that game or that they just don't know how to play with any skill at all to get back in the game.PNP is nothing more then a "Hardwood Myth".Don't get discouraged!!! There are alot of nice people who play for fun on this site unlike the people who play like hearts is life or death to them.Last time i saw i could play as many games as i wanted to win or lose and didn't die or lose money all the times i did come in 2nd,3rd,or 4th.Ultimately play to win but play smart and play what you need to for you not anyone else and have fun doing it!!!!!
And That's The Bottom Line cause the bald guy with white sideburns SAYS SO ... just ask Sandbar hehe...

Sailing_Away
Guide

Re: Fooms and Spouting PNPer and Heart Etiquette

Post by Sailing_Away » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:37 am

When I first started playing here, I was close to quitting because of the insults and excessive angry fooming because I knew none of the so-called etiquette. Of course, I really didn't know how to play, and I didn't care if it was low or high who got points; my job was to avoid them at all cost. Strategy comes with experience, and certainly I learned better how to set low up or get low or avoid having low hit high, but even then, the experienced players know that it's sometimes a choice between you or another (not low) who will get the Queen, and you choose it to be not you (especially if you are playing with dumpers and pullers). Then the fooms and shouting and etc pour out and accusations of being anything from a poor player to one who plays for 2nd to a cheater helping someone else win come out.

Ignore them and have fun playing. Actually put these people on the ignore list to shut them up and make your game more pleasant and enjoyable.
-Brian

"Come Sail Away with me...."